Frank6666

Sep 12, 2017
I hope this comment is a joke, according to the specifications of your pc clearly can not run the game fluently, if you complain, learn more about hardware. Also, your pentium 4 is limiting your graphics card. Honestly, everything is wrong, from the comment to the specifications of your pc.
Wow and here come the usual suspects out to attack people with AVERAGE computers, with the "You stupid, learn more and your pc is trash" straight away with the insults, I shouldn't have to think or do anything by myself, devs should optimise the game for me. I may not have a supership with the invalidia gpu or whatever its called, but I can atleast expect 144fps and no stuttering I can play AOE 2 just fine and it was released like what 2 years ago? I seen it appear on steam the microsoft game. Internet tough guy insulting my compuet I got from my granny when she died.

Heres my computer and set up in question, speaker set up:love: (Not to brag apology in adnavance). Just from looks alone it should run wildlife AdeptusSteve get the team to pull their socks up pls
7897f2bb47ae82def9ae1e73aa9325d9.jpg

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
so when can we expect a fix to the mouse clicks not getting recognized by the game randomly when leaving any UI menu ?
its basically a hard restart every time since only the UI recognizes mouse clicks/interaction. for example, objects can not be placed anymore and no new object can be selected.

luckily, saving works but why has this been in the game so long ? its very disruptive and annoying. no interest clicking the games .exe when its in this state tbh. it cant be such a major issue that it takes months to fix, no ?
salt inducing bug fr...
If it's happening in the sandbox editor, just click to change the way the camera works, or just press alt

Every time it happens to me, doing that fixes the problem

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Can anyone vouch for this?
Seems weird to require an account for a torrent, and the torrent size is 9gb while any other link shows ~14gb
I've never had problems with torrents from rpdl and yeah the account stuff is sort of a gimmick imo. They're gonna end up with a whole bunch of single-use accounts like that.
That being said I didn't download this particular torrent so dunno, they re-archived it with 7zip from what I can see (the rest are .zip) and that's probably where the space is saved. If you don't trust it, there is also this torrent I made earlier (attached lower). Seeded quite well from what I see and no complaints so far.
In addition to being a tracker, we also seed every single torrent on our platform. We do this to allow for quick downloads on any game, and because most people don't bother with seeding which would leave us tracking mostly dead torrents (which is kind of useless).

The "problem" is that having multiple machines seeding 16tb on a 24/7 basis costs us money – money that is donated to us by our users for a service that benefits them.
When RPDL was started, all our torrents were public and we didn't require users to log into anything. This worked great and people loved it, until we realized that multiple third-party sites started sharing our torrents as their own. This meant that we had a lot more traffic from people who weren't aware where their torrents originally came from.
Seeding every game on F95zone at high speeds provides a good service and equally good experience to users.
We are crowdfunded, and can't provide our service to the users donating to have us exist if our machines are busy seeding to people who have never even heard of F95zone or RPDL.

That's why we went semi-private and now require accounts. Doing so allows us to attach a passkey to each torrent, and if we find our torrents being hosted on some other website, we cut that torrent's access to the swarm.

As for the rest:
1. We don't collect any access logs, account passwords are hashed and salted, there's no verification process, and you can use any kind of gibberish username/password you want.
2. I can't personally vouch for this as I'm a part of the team, but torrents under the RPDL name have been posted on here for over a year and a half. In that time, we've posted upwards of 30,000 torrents and haven't had anyone report them to F95 staff for containing any virus or malicious content. Our process consists of taking files from the links in the OP's, compressing them the most we can with 7z, and uploading them as torrents – that's basically it.
3. Concerning single-use accounts: yeah, we have a lot of them. Last I checked we were somewhere above 100,000. They're not ideal, but they allow us to maximize the privacy of our users while also being able to manage our service.

I hope this provides some clarity regarding our service.
We also get that needing to log into a random website to access a torrent is not for everyone, that's okay too.
If you haven't downloaded the update yet, I checked McAztec's torrent and got some pretty good speeds with it, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for the game either way.

At the end of the day, what matters is people getting their games one way or another.
Enjoy the latest update.

Alphonsocat

Apr 20, 2023
$106,711

this is per month income from Patreon alone, is it just me or the game could have been improved and updated much faster at this point? I mean the Dev is basically a millionaire at this point.

Rant must be very high for this Dev XD

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
$106,711

this is per month income from Patreon alone, is it just me or the game could have been improved and updated much faster at this point? I mean the Dev is basically a millionaire at this point.

Rant must be very high for this Dev XD
dev is not alone, and you probably know nothing about the complexity of the Unreal Engine

Alphonsocat

Apr 20, 2023
dev is not alone, and you probably know nothing about the complexity of the Unreal Engine
ok let's assume he's paying people, you remember this is 100k a month correct? if the team is big that every update should be a big one per month. explain to me like I'm 5 years old the process where 100k a month is not enough to speed up the game updates.

CyanParadigm

Aug 31, 2018
ok let's assume he's paying people, you remember this is 100k a month correct? if the team is big that every update should be a big one per month. explain to me like I'm 5 years old the process where 100k a month is not enough to speed up the game updates.
As an ex-game developer (1 year of programming, 2.5 years as an animator) - the animation output of these guys + other development stuff tracks - they're not being lazy, it is legit just a ton of work to put out stuff. Doesn't help they just swapped engines, so there are probably a lot of random little errors and bugs they're fixing on top of normal development.

What seems simple on the surface can actually be incredibly complex, and programming is never as straightforward as it seems.

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
Ok so I can't ruun this game at 240fps smoothly what wrong with my computer? THe game is just poorly optimised, anyone who thinks other wise is just wrong, no explanation needed.

Pc spec
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.80 GHz
Radeon M470X
1Gb DDR 2 ram
Seagate ST4096

Lol devs are so lazy these days never optimise stuff at all AdeptusSteve you need to buckle up buddy, theres so many people like me with AVERAGE PCS who cannot play this game. Sure mine has a bit of dust here and there.
Works on my K6, sounds like you should update your drivers and turn off your overclock.

As an ex-game developer (1 year of programming, 2.5 years as an animator) - the animation output of these guys + other development stuff tracks - they're not being lazy, it is legit just a ton of work to put out stuff. Doesn't help they just swapped engines, so there are probably a lot of random little errors and bugs they're fixing on top of normal development.

What seems simple on the surface can actually be incredibly complex, and programming is never as straightforward as it seems.
As a current developer (more than 7 years of experience, multiple published games on multiple platforms), I am on the side of the masses on this one. Animation wise I will not dispute this and will in fact give them a bit of praise as this is entirely out of my field of expertise.
However, on the non-animation side, the world, gameplay, systems, stability, and performance (I am giving quite a bit of room on this one given it's state) there are way too many things that are broken, non-functional, and far too rough even if you give them multiple years of leeway. A large portion of this is not difficult to change or fix, especially given it being Unreal Engine 4/5. Yes I'm also aware UE is not magic and has problems that really shouldn't exist either but I can blame Epic for this one.
At best right now it is a rough as hell sandbox, with great animation for the sandbox, but even the sandbox itself is lacking to a high degree, to the point modding has taken place to fill the gap. Swapping engine also doesn't give them a free pass since it's more of the same, with a handful of new features (and bugs).

I'm not going to say you're wrong because programming isn't a walk in the park either, but you are giving them way too much of a free pass considering their next best competitor is Carnal Instinct, which definitely has more game, depth and world to speak of. It's lacking in the sex department but it's far beyond what is being delivered here with significantly less time and money invested.
Wilf Life's devs definitely have the time, and money to be delivering more than this and it is genuinely disappointing. As to why things are in the state they are now I wont speculate, that's someon else's job, so I'm juding it based on having followed it from essentially the start.

I am not saying it should be a fully produced bug free content-complete game at this stage, I'm saying it's not even hitting the bare minimum as a proof of concept sandbox, to the point where previous builds over 2 years ago are in a better state than it is today.

Also since we're on the topic of money, yes 100k monthly is a lot, but it's definitely costing a majority of that for whoever is working on this to be paid. How much is leftover is hard to say, but even then the output is still not matching where it should be. Games are expensive though.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
Wow and here come the usual suspects out to attack people with AVERAGE computers, with the "You stupid, learn more and your pc is trash" straight away with the insults, I shouldn't have to think or do anything by myself, devs should optimise the game for me. I may not have a supership with the invalidia gpu or whatever its called, but I can atleast expect 144fps and no stuttering I can play AOE 2 just fine and it was released like what 2 years ago? I seen it appear on steam the microsoft game. Internet tough guy insulting my compuet I got from my granny when she died.

Heres my computer and set up in question, speaker set up:love: (Not to brag apology in adnavance). Just from looks alone it should run wildlife AdeptusSteve get the team to pull their socks up pls
View attachment 2721390
it actually looks nice... i miss that style of montier, computer tower case, and keyboard. the beige was such a nice colar and windows 98 had nice graphic icons for their gui and could still run ms dos. nice times for me.

Nigrojar

Aug 23, 2022
How the hell are people even playing this I have a 1660 Super and 16gb of ram but even when I set all the video options to the lowest I still can't play shit like sometimes it lets me load into the sandbox but then if I spawn a character or two I just get a not enough memory error and crashes

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
If it's happening in the sandbox editor, just click to change the way the camera works, or just press alt

Every time it happens to me, doing that fixes the problem
what do u mean ? just pressing alt does literally nothing. ive tried a lot.

when this bug occurs, the game window does not respond at all. my last selected object moves with the mouse but i cant do anything - cant change camera or whatever. only parts of the UI respond.

Baba Yaga RUS

Jr. Uploader
Aug 23, 2022
How the hell are people even playing this I have a 1660 Super and 16gb of ram but even when I set all the video options to the lowest I still can't play shit like sometimes it lets me load into the sandbox but then if I spawn a character or two I just get a not enough memory error and crashes
I have a 1080, and it barely pulls in 30-60FPS on high. 32 or 16 I didn't see any difference. Maybe your processor is weak or your OS is messed up.

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
In addition to being a tracker, we also seed every single torrent on our platform. We do this to allow for quick downloads on any game, and because most people don't bother with seeding which would leave us tracking mostly dead torrents (which is kind of useless).

The "problem" is that having multiple machines seeding 16tb on a 24/7 basis costs us money – money that is donated to us by our users for a service that benefits them.
When RPDL was started, all our torrents were public and we didn't require users to log into anything. This worked great and people loved it, until we realized that multiple third-party sites started sharing our torrents as their own. This meant that we had a lot more traffic from people who weren't aware where their torrents originally came from.
Seeding every game on F95zone at high speeds provides a good service and equally good experience to users.
We are crowdfunded, and can't provide our service to the users donating to have us exist if our machines are busy seeding to people who have never even heard of F95zone or RPDL.

That's why we went semi-private and now require accounts. Doing so allows us to attach a passkey to each torrent, and if we find our torrents being hosted on some other website, we cut that torrent's access to the swarm.

As for the rest:
1. We don't collect any access logs, account passwords are hashed and salted, there's no verification process, and you can use any kind of gibberish username/password you want.
2. I can't personally vouch for this as I'm a part of the team, but torrents under the RPDL name have been posted on here for over a year and a half. In that time, we've posted upwards of 30,000 torrents and haven't had anyone report them to F95 staff for containing any virus or malicious content. Our process consists of taking files from the links in the OP's, compressing them the most we can with 7z, and uploading them as torrents – that's basically it.
3. Concerning single-use accounts: yeah, we have a lot of them. Last I checked we were somewhere above 100,000. They're not ideal, but they allow us to maximize the privacy of our users while also being able to manage our service.

I hope this provides some clarity regarding our service.
We also get that needing to log into a random website to access a torrent is not for everyone, that's okay too.
If you haven't downloaded the update yet, I checked McAztec's torrent and got some pretty good speeds with it, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for the game either way.

At the end of the day, what matters is people getting their games one way or another.
Enjoy the latest update.
Thanks for the clarifications regarding the process and all, it makes sense now.

The fix for the single-use accounts would be to actually make the accounts more meaningful imo, to make them have some use (or purge them after a few months of inactivity but I know accounts don't take that much DB space).

I saw many private trackers use a points system to keep track of what's what and prevent excessive leeching. They keep track of your ratio on the torrents and if you drop down too low you cannot download anymore. You get points for seeding (or for donating actual funds or crypto or whatever to help with hosting costs) and you can use those to buy ratio basically. The problem with this is that it only works if the tracker is truly private and invite-only, otherwise people can just make new accounts.

I guess it works as it is either way if the point is only to identify the torrents. Good work so far!

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes