Blinkmoth

Mar 14, 2017
I need some adjacent tech support, I tried downloading this from Anonfiles overnight (to my downloads folder) when I woke up, it had failed to download but I'm still missing 5gb of space from my harddrive. Anyone know if partial downloads still somehow take up space and if so how do I clear it? I run Windows 7 btw

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
I need some adjacent tech support, I tried downloading this from Anonfiles overnight (to my downloads folder) when I woke up, it had failed to download but I'm still missing 5gb of space from my harddrive. Anyone know if partial downloads still somehow take up space and if so how do I clear it? I run Windows 7 btw
yes they do and they are in the temporary directory.
if u used firefox this shouldnt happen since failed downloads are deleted automatically.
usually browsers offer to delete a downloaded file from disc manually if u right click in the downloads window.
that should be the same case for failed downloads.
i guess u didnt so it should be a file in the temporary directory either way.

to be real honest, u can also easily google this since its a general issue and not something specific to this file/game.

Blinkmoth

Mar 14, 2017
yes they do and they are in the temporary directory.
if u used firefox this shouldnt happen since failed downloads are deleted automatically.
usually browsers offer to delete a downloaded file from disc manually if u right click in the downloads window.
that should be the same case for failed downloads.
i guess u didnt so it should be a file in the temporary directory either way.

to be real honest, u can also easily google this since its a general issue and not something specific to this file/game.
I only posted it here because I did spend the last 40 minutes googling it, and already checked both temp folders, and nothing there was taking up that much space. I was just wondering if anonfiles did something special or not. Sorry to be off topic

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I pitched the idea of Wild Life accepting free coding help from developers who are fans of the game, but they say they're too busy to even accept free help.

Here's some ideas I pitched:
- Offered to contribute to a kickstarter to fund development of modding. Turned down.
- Offered to contribute to a kickstarter to maybe get the game to go open source. Turned down.
- Offered to contribute more $$$ a month to speed Sandbox development time. They said it wouldn't be enough.
- Offered to help write code for free; not as a miracle worker, but in a real, practical way, maybe with a CLA. Turned down.

What does this mean? We're stuck with a SLOW development time. We're screwed, lol. I don't blame them either, what they're doing is complicated. But, IMO, if they try to do both a REAL serious Sandbox(like a damn good one), and a real good Single Player story, it's going to take FOREVER. I'm sure it will be GREAT, but it's gonna take FORRRRREEEEEEEVVVVEERRRR!

:cry: I just want to control what NPC's look at through head tracking, so I don't have to set that direction thingy over and over again, it's maddening. They already have the Look At code working too to a degree, that drives me nuts, knowing that the functionality is an inch away, and that I could turn it into a really nice feature if I had my perverted hands on that blueprint code, FML.

:cry: I just want to put a custom tattoo on Tanya's ass, to solidify her place as a slutty Kerpali worshipping whore. IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK? :ROFLMAO:

I'm a patient man though. I get what they're doing is hard. I've already waited 5 years for Sandbox. I guess I can wait longer.

template-hide-the-pain-harold-938-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

WildKayoti045

Jun 17, 2021
Guys, have you checked your GPU temperatures while running this game? My GTX 1080 with hybrid cooler is getting temps as high as 80c in this game! With other games highest temp that I noticed was 70c after couple hours of playing. I am stress testing my PC atm just in case and so far all is running as cool as it should with a hybrid GPU. Only Wild Life is somehow causing it to go over 80c.

Is there a way, without butchering graphical fidelity, to custom optimize the game to run more stable and cooler?
Yes!
Install MSI after burner.
Set manual fan curves
and
Set temperature limit to lowest (65 degree)
Click apply

You'll loose few fps but GPU will run way cooler.

I got my GTX 1660 from 80 degree to 62 degree (ambient room temp 30-35 degree)

Lucifer84

Jan 5, 2018
now.... be more specific please
to cut it short, how fast in the village?
ok ill check old one or new village? cause im usually playing in the old one with the wolf guys and tiger girls with the cave on the far end

Mr. Slave

Jan 17, 2018
This game is completely unplayable, the controls are shit, there's no way to do anything without watching hours of tutorials that tell you fuck all... I just want to make characters fuck, and I can't get rid of this tribal bitch for a different character.

Fuck this game and I'm glad I didn't pay for this hunk of shit.
Not sure if troll or clown lmao

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
This game is completely unplayable, the controls are shit, there's no way to do anything without watching hours of tutorials that tell you fuck all... I just want to make characters fuck, and I can't get rid of this tribal bitch for a different character.

Fuck this game and I'm glad I didn't pay for this hunk of shit.
I get your frustration. The Play Mode isn't intuitive, YET.

For now,
1. Enter Sandbox Showroom from main menu.
2. Press T menu to spawn some characters.
3. T again to make menu go away.
4. Press E on the characters click POSSESS dialogue option.
5. Press E on the characters again to talk to them, then choose SEX dialogue option.

Reactions: bogodit

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
Where can I find more user created maps?
i think there is no specific thread for it, no ?
seen people drop their stuff in here.

just be warned that some maps might eat lots of gRam on load and stress ur gpu more. always depends on what and how much is placed, especially characters in general, ESPECIALLY if that unoptimized fur is activated.
regular objects are mostly a gRam issue, less so perfromance wise.

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
Is there a way to quickly copy a set of poses from one sandbox save to another (without having to manually write down the exact position numbers/poses and paste them on the new save)?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Is there a way to quickly copy a set of poses from one sandbox save to another (without having to manually write down the exact position numbers/poses and paste them on the new save)?
Maybe 'load aditively', filter things that are not poses and delete everything. I haven't tested it, see if it works

sleighrx

Apr 10, 2022
A few quirks I've noticed from the recent update:

1) Any object put into flowing water causes a bulge in front of the object in the water, as if it's a barrier. It doesn't matter whether it's a bridge, a boat, or even a pole, the game turns it into a hump, as if it's rapids.

2) This latest update tends to revert all land textures to lowest rez on a whim. I can't figure what causes it, but you end up having to reload the whole game to counter it. It also fouls up any saves you make in the Sandbox. If you save while the textures go to low rez, they stay that way. It happens without warning, and stays that way, unless you close the game and reboot.

3) You can't copy-and-paste with a right-click mouse anymore. If you wish to copy, say, a skin texture, you have to use CTRL-C and paste with CTRL-V. Try to do it with a right click of the mouse and the game rejects you.

4) The textures with the new wolf girl (i forget her name) cause all kinds of problems if you try to modify them. E.G., if you try to give her a different skin, the whole game goes into low rez and you have to reload the entire game. Also, you CANNOT change her skin or hair colour. All changes are ignored by the game. And if you try using her textures with male wolves, it sends the textures into low rez.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 178 Votes