HTML Abandoned Will of The Vampire [v0.2 Build 0082] [rudeboyuk]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Firefox. Once the game tab is closed, the game files cannot be moved either until the browser is closed entirely., meaning they are still being used by the browser. This doesn't happen with any other HTML games .
Didn't happen to me, I gave up on the game after day 377, still stuck on the mission "Await an arrival" nothing to do, don't know where to go. So I close the tab and deleted the game. It deletes quick enough.

PTC

May 26, 2018
Also I need to some to go through the 'chat up' code to make that a bit less long winded too to speed up the whole process, especially for the workers as yo don't get the 'enthral' payoff for them.
I was thinking a good way to fix this is just, as a your familiarity level, or score (or whatever the official term is) with a particular woman increases, so does the number of moves you get before the encounter ends.

PTC

May 26, 2018
Ugh, problem:

After complaining about how long it takes to "entice" Worker 1, I did manage to finally catch her, yesterdayish. But when I opened the game just now, she was apparently gone. My business stats are all back down to $0, and if I go to the call center or ask the OM about my employees, I get a "0-length" error message:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I'm at day 375
Still Await an arrival, so how long do I have to wait? Or is that another bug?
Have you been in the hallway in the evenings? Might have to force that I guess, or add an alert about hearing the doorbell no matter where you are in the house, as it is easy to miss I guess (easy when you know to expect it), though it will wait for you to be there.

See you've deleted the game anyway. Sorry to lose you, but time is precious of course. Perhaps try again when the game is closer to a complete build?

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I was thinking a good way to fix this is just, as a your familiarity level, or score (or whatever the official term is) with a particular woman increases, so does the number of moves you get before the encounter ends.
Taken a first bash as reducing the grind on this today. It should allow easier/quicker enthralment/enticement of the first batch of girls. I'll work a reason for this into the story at some point. Undoubtedly will still need tweaking, but things should be much improved.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Ugh, problem:

After complaining about how long it takes to "entice" Worker 1, I did manage to finally catch her, yesterdayish. But when I opened the game just now, she was apparently gone. My business stats are all back down to $0, and if I go to the call center or ask the OM about my employees, I get a "0-length" error message:
Well now that's odd! I have no code that could remove someone from the array. Most curios. Could you save to a file and attach that to a post for me so I can dive in a look at what might have happened?

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Firefox. Once the game tab is closed, the game files cannot be moved either until the browser is closed entirely., meaning they are still being used by the browser. This doesn't happen with any other HTML games .
Sorry, but how that could happen is beyond my knowledge. I can only assume something very weird happened. I've not had that happen here and it's just plain old Twine/Sugarcube code. I don't even have anything trying to write out to files or anything (other than in the built in save system)

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I use Firefox, because there's something set somewhere in Chrome (that I can't find) that prevents me from saving games in progress.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I use Firefox, because there's something set somewhere in Chrome (that I can't find) that prevents me from saving games in progress.
Ah, not enough knowledge of the save system to help much as it's all built in. Although saves this early in a games development are troublesome since so much can change between builds that they just break, hence the every growing 'jump in' links I have on the start screen.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Have you been in the hallway in the evenings? Might have to force that I guess, or add an alert about hearing the doorbell no matter where you are in the house, as it is easy to miss I guess (easy when you know to expect it), though it will wait for you to be there.

See you've deleted the game anyway. Sorry to lose you, but time is precious of course. Perhaps try again when the game is closer to a complete build?
I'll give the game another try, it's got a good premise, just tons of bugs right now. I'm using firefox as well it it seem to work fine.
The firefox problem might be a PC problem. Twine usually do take alot of memory to run, but it should be fine for most computer.

Reactions: RudeboyUK

CrushCrush

Mar 28, 2019
I've been playing for a bit, but rn i'm stuck, my to do is empty and i can only try to enthrall two humans, i don't really see how to move on with the story right now. Any help?

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Finally got pass the waiting. I was using the map function to move around so those timed events didn't fire. That's something that should be looked into and fixed when you do timed events. Or an easy fix would be to give more of a clue in the quest text. Mention the place and the time where you should be.

Here are some minor bugs that I found:
1. After picking your vampire name, the final choice has a spelling error "Then is is decided."

2. When you display your info at the bottom this is displayed instead of cash
Cash: $ $player.cash

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I've been playing for a bit, but rn i'm stuck, my to do is empty and i can only try to enthrall two humans, i don't really see how to move on with the story right now. Any help?
Do you recall that last item you did on the todo list? It shouldn't really run out now until you are in the US.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Do you recall that last item you did on the todo list? It shouldn't really run out now until you are in the US.
yeah my todo list is empty as well, the last thing I did was "find out what your sister is upto in the conservatory".
The game is way too grindy.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
yeah my todo list is empty as well, the last thing I did was "find out what your sister is upto in the conservatory".
The game is way too grindy.
Well it's very early days so at the moment it's just systems in place without any kind of balancing, as it can't really be balanced until all the individual parts are in place. Always the way with my games sorry. Was the same with Online Girl, and even in it's completed state some found that too grindy too. If I make it too easy early on, then it will make the later game just silly. Not that there isn't a lot to fix in the game that exists right now, but really hard to get right when so much is changing all the time. Things tend to settle down at the half way stage so around build 0.5 I would wager.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Yeah, i had to see what my sister was doing in the conservatory, after that my to do list just went empty.
Hmm, that is the end of a quest line, so at some point you should also have had one about training with uncle again, after which the quest "Continue visting the bar and reach your first Enthralment" should have been added. Do you recall anything about that, have you enthralled a girl yet?

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Hmm, that is the end of a quest line, so at some point you should also have had one about training with uncle again, after which the quest "Continue visting the bar and reach your first Enthralment" should have been added. Do you recall anything about that, have you enthralled a girl yet?
noop can't enthrall any girls, I did went to the bar and tried couple of times, so far no success, and the grind is getting to me so was too lazy to keep trying, the girls just keep rejecting you and there doesn't seem to be any feed back on how to get on their good side.

Oh and I did seem to remember that the todo list had 2 lines, one is find out about your sister in the conservatory, and the second line is you can train with your uncle again. I started doing yoga with sis, and trained with uncle again, then the todo list went blank.

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
noop can't enthrall any girls, I did went to the bar and tried couple of times, so far no success, and the grind is getting to me so was too lazy to keep trying, the girls just keep rejecting you and there doesn't seem to be any feed back on how to get on their good side.

Oh and I did seem to remember that the todo list had 2 lines, one is find out about your sister in the conservatory, and the second line is you can train with your uncle again. I started doing yoga with sis, and trained with uncle again, then the todo list went blank.
Just ran through the game as I was testing my latest buid and after that training there is a todo to enthrall a girl. Perhaps it being missing is an old bug. Seems to be working in the new build. This latest build has reduced the grind for ChatUps somewhat, although I'm not 100% sure it will effect old saves, but there is a chance.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
New Build 0.2 BUILD 0046

Changes:
Moved scry to a widget for more portability. Built in code for 3 levels or scry, though only level 1 is implemented.
Can also scry on Hadria whilst masturbating
Rebuilt the exhibitionism system for the city. Currently can play out whilst studying books.
Adjusted horniness stats for sister and om so masturbation is not fully satisfying.
Added animation effect to scry images.
Adjust z-level for images to pop over todo list when enlarging.
Hadria can get lonely at night and may visit you when she's feeling particularly horny. (Currently only one scene avaiallbe, more to come)
Potential workers are now easier to chatup.
Adjustment to masturbation code to increase desire for interactions.
Workers can now be worked with to increase the speed with which they level up at the cost of will and earnings that day.
Corrects chat code for the bookstore visitors to the new system.
Added combat style choice to start menu.
Initial todos added to the US area to help guide through available locations and options.

Previous changes since last release here:
BUILD 0045
Adjusted the ChatUp routines to reduce the time required to chatup the initial girls to aid in the game introduction.
After feeding on a human for the first time the new hunger mechanic will now come in to effect requiring the player to feed again before too long or begin to suffer will damage. This will become more important as actions that cost will come in to effect.
Added check to the nightly resetHumans routine to only run if any humans actually exist yet.
City map now reports sisters and Hadria's locations correctly when they are in the livingroom/oms bedroom.
Allow player to enter a second name when starting the game.
Updated launch menu to standardise the music selections and allow custom names with quick starts.
Added first stages of new power 'Scry' to allow the player to scry on certain targets, currently only at very close range.

BUILD 0044
Map added to the City too.
Added new jump in for after the 'Chat Up' tutorial.
Updated code for arrival in the US to create a worker after update to the createHuman code.
Adjusted movement code to not try and move second level NPCs outside of valid hours.
Added check to the city bar so that is no workers exist it creates the initial one.
Ensured weeklyincome variable is initialised to $ 0
ToDos should now lead player up to the US trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pagdor and elmandor
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes