HTML Abandoned Will of The Vampire [v0.2 Build 0082] [rudeboyuk]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
lol @ the update on post #1, I took Jareth as a name without even think about exhibitionism, and that's my bag, baby. :D

Reactions: RudeboyUK

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
This post cleared up a LOT of questions I had about playing the game in it's most recent state.
Yes the are definitely times of day right now where there is nothing to do, hence the #wait# option being all over the place in the city locations at least ;) New content has taken a back seat whilst I get some of the more serious bugs sorted out.

The OM will be the one to continue your concentration training, however that is not in the game right now.

The worker type is not random, and should be forced in when you are told about that option. Have you seen the attached girl at the bar yet?
But I'd suggest making game progress a LOT more straightforward. A player is probably only going to progress with girls that he's attracted to. That's why I never spoke to that one and, hence, could never make any cash $.

Also... what is the point of extracting "will" from hotties? I kept expecting sexual options.

Reactions: Cirro84

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
In case it hasn't been mentioned, here are some useful (and easy) suggestions:
- "Skip day" option
- Quick "Home" button that warps you straight to bedroom
- Extra way to earn money, ask for some spare Cash instead of "Take me home" lol

Reactions: Cirro84

PTC

May 26, 2018
Thanks for this update. It did successfully solve my worker problem. A couple bugs to report still:
  • On the city map, the Living Room and the OM's Room appear to be reversed, in terms of character location reporting: when a character is in one, the map reports her as being in the other.
  • I'm still getting an error when the game forces me to sleep (fsr my browser won't let me copy the text, but I'm guessing it's the same as others who have previously reported this error).
  • A minor point, but after I installed the update, I "met" the "Adams girl" over again.
Also, not a bug per se, but it is kind of annoying that your mesmerism practice gets cut off so abruptly. Seems like a skill one might want to practice "for fun" even after there is nothing more to learn. Or at the very least, have a sexy "exit scene" where one night you utterly blow her mind, and the next she struggles to tell you it's time to stop. (Will this training be taken up by the OM too?)

PTC

May 26, 2018
OK, now that I have "Worker 1" in my game, I have to agree with previous posters who have commented that the grind to recruit her, even at this point, is a real pain. Especially given that once I have her... I don't know how long it will take to earn enough money to buy the new skill books.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
OK, now that I have "Worker 1" in my game, I have to agree with previous posters who have commented that the grind to recruit her, even at this point, is a real pain. Especially given that once I have her... I don't know how long it will take to earn enough money to buy the new skill books.
I'm sure, ther plan is to have another couple of girls available to boost that, ans when I get time to work on something other than bugs there will be a system for you to boost their learning so they start earning more faster. That part of the game is very much still in development so completely unbalanced at present. Also I need to some to go through the 'chat up' code to make that a bit less long winded too to speed up the whole process, especially for the workers as yo don't get the 'enthral' payoff for them.

Reactions: elmandor

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Why does this use so much ram and cpu? Are you mining bitcoin? :oops:
RudeboyUK Why does your game keeps itself in browser memory even after you close it? You mining bitcoin son?

Can I ask which browser you guys are using and on which platfrom? I just ran the game for a while here using Chrome on Windows 10 and the game hovers around 70Mb and the CPU usage never rose above about 2%...

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Can I ask which browser you guys are using and on which platfrom? I just ran the game for a while here using Chrome on Windows 10 and the game hovers around 70Mb and the CPU usage never rose above about 2%...
Was using chrome as well. I only noticed because my fans kicked on and when I opened task manager it was 99%. I thought it was just the browser so I cleaned the cache and when I tried to play again it locked up my comp and I had to kill the process.
I have no idea what happened or why.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
found an error when reading to pass the time at early night, and the late night again, when you pass the time and go to sleep this happens.

Error: <<nightUpdate>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<resetHumans>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.humans[State.temporary.rg] is undefined)).

After picking what to focus on in your training, (I picked dex) This error happened.

Error: <<endYearOne>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined); Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined))

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Was using chrome as well. I only noticed because my fans kicked on and when I opened task manager it was 99%. I thought it was just the browser so I cleaned the cache and when I tried to play again it locked up my comp and I had to kill the process.
I have no idea what happened or why.
That's super odd, I mean it's just HTML stuff, plus the browsers are supposed to lock each session down so it can't interfere with too much. I'll keep an eye on it whilst I'm working on it and see if anything similar happens here.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
I'm at day 375
Still Await an arrival, so how long do I have to wait? Or is that another bug?

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
Firefox. Once the game tab is closed, the game files cannot be moved either until the browser is closed entirely., meaning they are still being used by the browser. This doesn't happen with any other HTML games .

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes