HTML Abandoned Will of The Vampire [v0.2 Build 0082] [rudeboyuk]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Using Firefox: Using 0043 build: Started new game from scratch: Right after choosing dexterity as my stat to favor

Error: <<endYearOne>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined); Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined))

I note that I don't have the "kick" option in combat training, the above might be why.

EDIT: Talking with the Aunt in her bedroom has a broken picture link.

EDIT2: First Enthral at the bar
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RudeboyUK

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Got to the USA, entered the occult bookstore:
Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.variables.books is undefined

First sleep in the USA:

EDIT: In the USA, I've the same two girls from the bar in the old country, but I don't seem to get any option other than to take them home as usual. There's a third (new) girl, but progress with her so far is slow.

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Got to the USA, entered the occult bookstore:
Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.variables.books is undefined

First sleep in the USA:

EDIT: In the USA, I've the same two girls from the bar in the old country, but I don't seem to get any option other than to take them home as usual. There's a third (new) girl, but progress with her so far is slow.
OK, both of those are related to the same issue. Have fixed it in my source now so the next patch should sort it out.

Error: <<endYearOne>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined); Error: <<unlockQuestion>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: State.temporary.unlockArray is undefined))
Curious I can't see an obvious error in the code, and I was playing through that section today several times without getting that error, and I was even choosing Dex for my stat. I'll play a bit more and see if I can recreate it.

Not having I note that I don't have the "kick" option in combat training, the above might be why.
Hmm, this suggests something went very wrong during the first training session, getting 'Kick' is not restricted in any way, as soon as you hit round 3 it's hard coded in to get added. EDIT: NO wait, just spotted something. Should you fail to inflict damage on the bag if would skip the code! Was less likely before as there were 5 rounds, now I've shortened the training session it's highlighted that oversight!! OK, will ensure you get the power either way!!

Also found the place for the missing storytext tag, when I tested it was always on the first night with the sister in tow which uses a separate passage, and not the default bar one.

All should be fine in the next patch, for now I'd restart and use the link to jump direct to the US since you have made it there, that will fix the problem with the books and the workers too I believe.

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Another patch fixing yet more issues as listed in the above post:

Reactions: Cirro84

PTC

May 26, 2018
It looks like you have already begun addressing most of my concerns. One that still remains: there is very little to do in the morning! I usually wind up idling for a while.

Also:
I have yet to encounter the OM on the terrace, which I presume I need to do for advanced yoga training.
I have yet to encounter a worker-type human at all! Am I just cursed by RNG, or am I doing something wrong?

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Using Firefox and build 43b: Jumped ahead to USA.

Read a book late night after returning from talking to all the available bar patrons. Got this error.

Error: <<moveTime>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<moveTime>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<updateLocations>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.bookstoreowner.location52 is undefined; Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.adamsgirl.location52 is undefined; Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.devinshiremaster.location52 is undefined)))

EDIT: There seem to be no books available in the Occult Bookstore, but there is a portrait to examine.
EDIT3: The books appear only when you've exhausted the ones in the living room bookcase. Seems a bit odd.

EDIT2: Saturday morning

Last week your girls earned us $undefined, of which $NaN was used to pay the girls and the company earned $NaN.
This made your cut $NaN

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirro84

Sidbry

Apr 15, 2018
Nice game and I like where it seems to be going. What are the requirements to leave the family home and go to USA?
Since the todo list ended I've just been advancing time, checking the Conservatory for yoga lessons, combat training then to the bar to enthrall the girls. Once enthralled I max their libido then drain them for will.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
It looks like you have already begun addressing most of my concerns. One that still remains: there is very little to do in the morning! I usually wind up idling for a while.

Also:
I have yet to encounter the OM on the terrace, which I presume I need to do for advanced yoga training.
I have yet to encounter a worker-type human at all! Am I just cursed by RNG, or am I doing something wrong?
Yes the are definitely times of day right now where there is nothing to do, hence the #wait# option being all over the place in the city locations at least ;) New content has taken a back seat whilst I get some of the more serious bugs sorted out.

The OM will be the one to continue your concentration training, however that is not in the game right now.

The worker type is not random, and should be forced in when you are told about that option. Have you seen the attached girl at the bar yet?

Reactions: Heml0ck

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Using Firefox and build 43b: Jumped ahead to USA.

Read a book late night after returning from talking to all the available bar patrons. Got this error.

Error: <<moveTime>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<moveTime>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<updateLocations>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.bookstoreowner.location52 is undefined; Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.adamsgirl.location52 is undefined; Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.devinshiremaster.location52 is undefined)))
Hmm, I can see why it is erroring, time of day 5 is 'witching hours' and doesn't technically exist. It shoul dhave forced you to sleep, but I guess something needs double checking in the updateLocations so it doesn't try to move people about at that time. I look into it.

EDIT: There seem to be no books available in the Occult Bookstore, but there is a portrait to examine.
EDIT3: The books appear only when you've exhausted the ones in the living room bookcase. Seems a bit odd.
Indeed, the bookstore owner does make a comment about 'Leaving it up to her to decide when you are ready' but it's only during the frst meeting, maybe I should add an option to ask her if she has anything rather than the books just appearing one day so it's a little clearer they will only be there when you are ready for them? Eventually I believe I will have other things to buy in that shop but for now it's just the books.

EDIT2: Saturday morning

Last week your girls earned us $undefined, of which $NaN was used to pay the girls and the company earned $NaN.
This made your cut $NaN
Looks like it's trying to calclate earnings before you have any staff, thought I had that covered, clearly not. Cheers for the heads up.

Thanks for the feedback :)

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Nice game and I like where it seems to be going. What are the requirements to leave the family home and go to USA?
Since the todo list ended I've just been advancing time, checking the Conservatory for yoga lessons, combat training then to the bar to enthrall the girls. Once enthralled I max their libido then drain them for will.
I need to work on the post final training fight ToDo list as it leaves you a bit out to dry just now. Have you talked to your sister in the library about help mesmerising girls and done some practice sessions with her? Other than that I think you would just need to talk to Grandfather if you've already successfully enthralled a girl.

Pagdor

Sep 11, 2017
Just a little feed back. Given its only possible to get one worker at the moment and she is the only way you can make money. (No doudt there will be more later) it might be worth making her easier to enthral sooner. Other wise the player is grinding for 15 weeks just to be able to buy a book. I was thinking you could just tweek how often she goes to the bar. Then maybe she will be generating income before the player is going to be spending it. As it stands I'd already maxed out my skills weeks before she was working for me so i am expected to coast for months and months just to get a book.
It might also be worth having the sister appear in the consevator every afternoon for similar reasons. At least early on when there isnt much else to.
Other than that I'm really enjoying the game and your choices of casting.

PTC

May 26, 2018
The worker type is not random, and should be forced in when you are told about that option. Have you seen the attached girl at the bar yet?
Nope: the first time I went to the bar after hearing about the option, I think I encountered one of the girls from home, plus "Human 3," but not (and STILL not) "Worker 1".

I guess I may be screwed in my current game too, because I can't imagine there is a cheat to force that encounter.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I've found four different girls, two from before you go to the USA. Only one of the new girls seems recruitible.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I've found four different girls, two from before you go to the USA. Only one of the new girls seems recruitible.
That is correct for now, I was about to get on adding some more when all the reports started coming in so I've been fire fighting since :) Once things are more stable I can get back to adding those in. Takes a while for each girl as it's a fair few images and I need to get them as close to the expected response for each action.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
New update:

Recent Changes:
Build 0044
Map added to the City too.
Added new jump in for after the 'Chat Up' tutorial.
Updated code for arrival in the US to create a worker after update to the createHuman code.
Adjusted movement code to not try and move second level NPCs outside of valid hours.
Added check to the city bar so that if no workers exist it creates the initial one.
Ensured weeklyincome variable is initialised to $ 0
ToDos should now lead player up to the US trip.

Build 0043
First implementation of a map for speedier and clearer navigation, currently only for the family home, and only after all locations have been opened up. Also tracks where NPCs are (Not the Aunt at present)
Fix for Kick skill not getting added if player fails to damage the punchbag during training.
Fix to ensure the workers and books arrays exist as soon as you get to the US.
Fix added missing storytext tag to the bar in the home town.
Fix to have second human to be added after the first night at the bar.

Build 0042
Adjusted some code in resetHumans to ensure the array exists and not to run some checks if no humans exist yet.
When forced to sleep the messages about healing now show up.
Aunts chat updated to the new system.
Increased chance that sister will be in the courtyard.
Added some missing color coding to Uncles chats during combat.
Huge number of typos/grammatical corrections.
Update to the chat system as some questions where not being added to the queues.
Updated code in naming ceremony to match the new traits system implementation.
Added a couple of additional ToDos to clear up some points where it was unclear what to do.
Shortened the first training session as was overly long.

Dreezer

Dec 11, 2017
I don't know if I'm being a bit dumb or something, but how do you get to the night out with the sys? I've tried almost everything

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
When unzipping that build, I get these errors:

Seems the \sounds\ subdirectory is read-only.
Err, that's a bit odd.. just the same process I always use. Maybe just copy that folder from the older one as nothing has changed in there...

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes