VN Ren'Py Abandoned Witch Master [v0.1.9] [STStudio]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes
Nov 24, 2017
Yep

I did not want to introduce characters that were not in the canon. In the story is planned a lot of forks. In addition to romance, attitude, and picking up a harem will be BDSM, mind control, prostitution, impregnation, tentacles. So the main character must be capable of such actions. Within the world, only Draco is eligible for such a role.

I didn't plan on introducing Snape. Or is it necessary?
BTW - I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you are the developer of this game, hit up a mod to get the developer tag.

MadExx

Dec 24, 2018
The art style is amazing, however playing douchebag Malfoy is already setting off my trigger warnings, would have preferred an OC like W&W did, that way we can play the heroic and valiant wizard, rather than the rapist asshole out to make everyone a slut...
downloaded..interest was high..then saw i was playing Malfoy...sighh..immersion dead....should have gone with a new..name him yourself MC...pfffft
I'll wait a few updates to judge it, but i wish i had a choice to play another character or just myself. Playing Draco is such a negative point for me. I mean, when did we start rooting for rich spoiled assholes?
Harry Potter is a big yes for me, but Malfoy is a big no. I'll keep an eye for now.
Pretty much my feelings, the art is really nice, but I wish we played as either an OC or as Harry.
I accept criticism. Draco is also far away from my favorite character. But it seemed to me that it fits into the logic of the story.

By about January 20, version 0.2 will be ready. In fact, this will be the end of the prologue. Then аmong subscribers will be a vote, where the game will go further. Alteration of the prologue to the new character will be one of the points of the vote.

nyalest

May 21, 2017
On the MC point, if you don't want a total OC, you could make it that harry while experimenting whit magic loses his body(kill him, make him stay as a voice in our head, trow him into other body,etc., whatever you which in that regard) and We end up taking his body. Anyways that's my 2 cents. Nice art!!

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Eh Draco as the MC is fine. This does look to be a corruption game so the MC being a villein fits. Maybe your issue is that he's a pretty boy?

MadExx you've already got what look like five female characters going so far. To many and it will take forever to finish or even make headway on the story's for each of them. Five is a good number. You got your story's main two (love the art of these two btw) with three sexy MILFs to work with.

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
Could draco even look any more gay than that?

It's a bad base material as a MC for such a game (he is weak, he is so full of fears, he crys a lot and all he gets is pity at best from the people around him)
and the visualisation turns him even more into some sissy.
Since the devs admit some fanfic roots, anyone who spent 5mins googling to glance through such HP storys wouldn't be surprised when Draco ends up with Harry or Snape.

The Character to go for here was
-a evil Harry (maybe he was put into slytherin instead of Gryffindor, changing his mindset about girls and mudbloods like hermoine)
-Snape, corrupting the girls of other houses
-Voldemort in disguise (like a Tom Riddle version)
-an Original Character

The rest of the art looks decent to good. Ginny is pretty well made but Hermione has only the name and the hair color in common with the original which is a bummer.

Won't wait for a version around 0.3 as usual but for a completely finished game since I really can't trust this one not to turn into something horrible on the way... ( ' -')

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
I accept criticism. Draco is also far away from my favorite character. But it seemed to me that it fits into the logic of the story.

By about January 20, version 0.2 will be ready. In fact, this will be the end of the prologue. Then аmong subscribers will be a vote, where the game will go further. Alteration of the prologue to the new character will be one of the points of the vote.
I'm thinking that although Draco seems a logical pick, he's actually the worst to pick. He's a spineless dick and just about every fanfic on earth has him take it up the pooper.

Having an OCMC or an external character (not Draco) control or corrupt Harry, Ron or just about anyone else to then use them to corrupt and manipulate the ladies would be the better pick.

Plenty room with that to add to the story too, like having awkward moments where you're having fun with Hermione and Harry regains control and doesn't know wtf is going on.

Draco growing a spine is well outside the realm of anyone's imagination XD

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
Wow, it's pretty impressive how much people want to corrupt Harry rather then let bastard be bastard because in other fanfics Draco is getting it. :LOL:

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Just to clarify my initial point since I got lumped in with others that may be fighting a completely different battle...

1. I dont mind Draco IF he was a good Draco...
2. I dont mind pretty boys as the MC, in fact I prefer them as they get more tail than douchebag dude-bros regardless what people think.

My initial point was me having a problem playing Draco as... well Draco !!

Nowhere in the top tags is the "corruption" tag present, so I thought it was going to be a "play as you want" game, where you can either seduce or corrupt or force the female students of Hogwarts... therefore seeing Malfoy as the MC made me think that it was going to be straight corruption game where he was gonna use magic or mind control to "bring out their inner slut"...

I mean if the game is going to be straight corruption where you play a rapey asshole, than Draco fits just fine, I prefer that than an OoC Harry or Ron... Heck I can even see Collin and Rolf being better fits than Harry and Ron... Collin always stuck me as a perv with his camera, and Rolf is into bestiality probably.

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
I dont know much about Harry Potter, havent read any books, watched only the first movie. I dont care if we play as Draco or some other guy... as long as we can play as villainous protagonist who abuses his mind control powers and turns sexy witches into sluts, i will be happy.

Reactions: strenif

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Thumps up for OC nameable MC. Devs say Draco can like romance or something? Well he doesnt strikes me as someone that works for romance paths, neither Harry. So an OC MC fixes that, even better if he doesnt talks which leaves much more room for asshat and nice guy playthroughs.

junuvoyoze

Nov 14, 2018
First of all I would like to say I'm sorry about how harshly you're being criticized by me and others here, as I said I think the game has a lots of potential and the artstyle is distinctive and pleasant, I really do believe in this game, but...

I really don't care if the protagonist is girly, a femboy or even a futanari!

The problem really is as some have said above: "
although Draco seems a logical pick, he's actually the worst to pick. He's a spineless dick and just about every fanfic on earth has him take it up the pooper.
"

I imagine that a lot of people that will play this will be Harry Potter(the franchise) fans, and among them pretty much the only fans of draco are fangirls/fujoshi that make yaoi fanfics with him.

Harry on the other hand is super malleable, there are lots of fanfics where he has absolutely nothing to do with canon Harry and people just accept it, pretty much as a blank slate/self insert character much more easily, the term for that even is called 'Possession Fic' by some to show that the character is nothing like canon, so either Harry could could go to the Potter family vault and find some ancient magic tome or artifact there, possibly corrupting him, or as some people said above, he could pretty much be possessed, and then there is the possibility of an OC character just having whatever magic/powers that you'd like him too.

MadExx

Dec 24, 2018
On the forum, you can use tags, only those that are already in the game. Well, I understood so. Corruption, and mind control in any case remains the main theme of the game. The poster hints at this.

Without brainwashing, even though partial, I personally don’t see the relationship between Draco and Hermione, or any other witch.

Reactions: strenif

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'd be fine with an OC character don't get me wrong but wouldn't the fact that draco is so hated (by the in game characters) not add to the appeal? Maybe it's down to what floats your boat but for me at lest, having the girls hate that they love being bent to dracos will is more impactful because of their history together.

Now granted I don't read HP fanfic and it's been years since I've seen the movies so maybe my view of Draco is different the his critics.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
If the game is going to be a trainer game like witch trainer, draco is a good choice for a MC, it doesn't really matter to me anyway who is the MC, my only preference is that the MC is a student, which Draco is

Reactions: genthrow

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
I hope they actually cahnge the names slightly so it doesnt get shut down immediately.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes