4.00 star(s) 25 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
don't need cheats and if you want to cheat then same cheats as on computer version.

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
I made the terrible mistake of enabling full screen and now im locked out of the game and cannot revert to default settings ingame because of broken resolution, reinstalling and clearing the recycling bin keeps changed settings so i tried to find where the game was storing that information but to no avail. I tried to use the console or modify game files to just outright delete fullscreen and force the game to run in windowed mode, again to no avail.

I am completely stumped and cant play the game regardless of what I do, if anyone has even a vague idea of a possible solution im all ears, im not exactly willing to reinstall my operating system to play a H game.

(tbh game files/data should never be stored outside of its own folder, filthy practice)

EDIT: i also used SHIFT+G to open hardware acceleration settings and try all the different settings there, still no success.

Last edited:

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
I made the terrible mistake of enabling full screen and now im locked out of the game and cannot revert to default settings ingame because of broken resolution, reinstalling and clearing the recycling bin keeps changed settings so i tried to find where the game was storing that information but to no avail. I tried to use the console or modify game files to just outright delete fullscreen and force the game to run in windowed mode, again to no avail.

I am completely stumped and cant play the game regardless of what I do, if anyone has even a vague idea of a possible solution im all ears, im not exactly willing to reinstall my operating system to play a H game.

(tbh game files/data should never be stored outside of its own folder, filthy practice)
Try deleting the persistent file in the game folder found in %appdata%\renpy\

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
pressing esc doesn't help? tried preferences that run in window?

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
deleting/reinstalling files inside the game folder has no affect, (I also already tried that) thanks though.
Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. I didn't say the "game" folder. I said the "persistent" file in the %AppData%\RenPy\WitchTrainer-1.6f\ folder

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
Did you delete the persistent file in AppData?
Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. I didn't say the "game" folder. I said the "persistent" file in the %AppData%\RenPy\WitchTrainer-1.6f\ folder
I understood you perfectly, and I already tried that, removing the persistent file in appdata does not fix the problem, the relevant files are being stored somewhere else, this wouldn't be a hassle if renpy had up to date documentation

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
when you start game or right click in game you see preferences and under there you can choose size of gamescreen, either full window or windowed.

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
when you start game or right click in game you see preferences and under there you can choose size of gamescreen, either full window or windowed.
Thats common sense, I cant even reach the preference screen because of broken resolution, I'm pretty competent if the solution was that simple i would have figured it out by now...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I understood you perfectly, and I already tried that, removing the persistent file in appdata does not fix the problem, the relevant files are being stored somewhere else, this wouldn't be a hassle if renpy had up to date documentation
There are 2 persistent files - the one in AppData and the one in the save folder in the game. Make sure both are gone. If one exists, it will be copied to the other location.

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
There are 2 persistent files - the one in AppData and the one in the save folder in the game. Make sure both are gone. If one exists, it will be copied to the other location.
I just tried again and made sure both files were deleted and deleted again from the recycling bin, I don't understand where renpy is storing the preferences, its like there is a cloud backup but there obviously isn't

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I just tried again and made sure both files were deleted and deleted again from the recycling bin, I don't understand where renpy is storing the preferences, its like there is a cloud backup but there obviously isn't
I'm pretty sure it's in persistent. I just changed the resolution of a game, loaded and it was the new resolution. Quit, deleted persistent, ran it, and it was the original resolution.

Can you get to the console? If you can, run this:
renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = False

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's in persistent. I just changed the resolution of a game, loaded and it was the new resolution. Quit, deleted persistent, ran it, and it was the original resolution.

Can you get to the console? If you can, run this:
renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = False
> renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = False
This finally worked, thank you! how did you come about the information necessary to use the console? I tried looking for documentation of console keywords and just generally how to use it but cant find anything that isn't obsolete. To clarify, I always knew it was possible with the console I just couldn't figure out what the command line was.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
> renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = False
This finally worked, thank you! how did you come about the information necessary to use the console? I tried looking for documentation of console keywords and just generally how to use it but cant find anything that isn't obsolete. To clarify, I always knew it was possible with the console I just couldn't figure out what the command line was.
You're welcome!

I was looking through the python code in the renpy directory trying to figure out how to decode the persistent file. Finally did, but didn't see anything useful there. Then I searched for things like resolution and fullscreen, and found that variable. I tried it on the console and it was available.

Reactions: ArmSpaghetti

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
only continuations are witch trainer silver (gets updated occasionally) and innocent witches (basically that is it's own game in same world and annoying gameplay aka a lot wall of text) and feodosiys mod (completed).

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes