4.00 star(s) 25 Votes

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i'm really in the mood to replay this classic but i know there is also a silver mod out there. so my question is this: would you guys recommend playing the original version or the silver mod? my worry is that if siver adds stuff to the game that's not up to par to the original artwise or in terms of writing i'd probably rather play the original. does the silver mod remove anything from the original game or is it just added stuff on top?

Reactions: kaiseguru

kaiseguru

Dec 19, 2019
i'm really in the mood to replay this classic but i know there is also a silver mod out there. so my question is this: would you guys recommend playing the original version or the silver mod? my worry is that if siver adds stuff to the game that's not up to par to the original artwise or in terms of writing i'd probably rather play the original. does the silver mod remove anything from the original game or is it just added stuff on top?
It's added stuff.
But there are changes in the art since the latest updates. No biggie, thought.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
silver got graphics revamped (no akabur style artists for game available).

Willhelmcz

Apr 11, 2021
get out of here.

needs quite big jump in technology.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Witch trainer was my first "trainer" game, and despite some grindy game mechanics become my favourite game.
Generally I was mostly dissapointed by all available "mods" for original Witch trainer, despite that some improving some aspects of original game. In some moment SadCrab finnish with modding and started creating new game "Innocent Witches" - it have nice graphics, same enviro setup, but somehow I lack some "magic" of original.

I bought VR and after HF:Alyx realized, that there is not much to do with VR, but I found some simple erotic games which experiment with VR possibilities. I also tried V-A-M and this is where I do not agree with you - technology is already here, despite being still in development. Original Witch trainer is basically one room setup, which is ideal for VR. Even Hermione character and some other Hogward´s gilrs 3D models are available. I also tried one simple game in V-A-M where you triggered different scenes via dialog bubbles. So basically I´m convinced it would be possible to do it.

Reactions: Uqille

Uqille

May 11, 2017
Witch trainer was my first "trainer" game, and despite some grindy game mechanics become my favourite game.
Generally I was mostly dissapointed by all available "mods" for original Witch trainer, despite that some improving some aspects of original game. In some moment SadCrab finnish with modding and started creating new game "Innocent Witches" - it have nice graphics, same enviro setup, but somehow I lack some "magic" of original.

I bought VR and after HF:Alyx realized, that there is not much to do with VR, but I found some simple erotic games which experiment with VR possibilities. I also tried V-A-M and this is where I do not agree with you - technology is already here, despite being still in development. Original Witch trainer is basically one room setup, which is ideal for VR. Even Hermione character and some other Hogward´s gilrs 3D models are available. I also tried one simple game in V-A-M where you triggered different scenes via dialog bubbles. So basically I´m convinced it would be possible to do it.
Yeah, technology is here, but it's require a ton load of work, for it to look good and work right.
But nevertheless, if you can mix it with trainer mechanics (like corruption and reactions) it would be something interesting, but that even more work. And maybe an entirely different game.

And without Akabur writing it would be certainly loss it's magic.

Reactions: Willhelmcz

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
All the scenes in this game are trash, why are they animated in the small form? waste of time tbh
this is old game and at that time resolutions weren't at 4k resolution and also sprites limited it too and animations are just moving pics not real animation.

if you want better graphics then play innocent witches (same theme, different dev) or star channel 34 (2 main chars from this are on it and 1 sidechar makes appearances, same dev as this) or witch trainer silver (same theme, diff dev).

May 1, 2018

The Villain Simulator which you can find on f95 already proves this is a feasible concept, would just take someone porting the 3d models into unity and making a makeshift version of Genies room. Also play H3VR if you're bored of Alyx and don't want to feel like you only bought a headset for that.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Really like akaburs art, even though things can be ab it grindy sometimes

Infernium

Feb 2, 2020
I have a really dumb question, but this seems like the best place to ask.

A few years back there was a site that had the assorted assets from WT available as a dress-up expy. You could choose your girl, bust size, pregnancy, clothing, etc. I lost the link in a regrettable SSD crash. Does anyone else remember this?

HailToTheDock

Mar 2, 2018
I think I broke the game. So far the Gryffindor is constantly getting ahead of Slytherin, and Raven Claw is like 100 points ahead of everyone. Also Slytherin only gains like 11 points every once in a while while Gryffindor constantly gets 11-15. Did I fuck up by skipping text? Is this some sort of glitch?

Reactions: ELkekikes

shadowhad42

Sep 30, 2018
I think I broke the game. So far the Gryffindor is constantly getting ahead of Slytherin, and Raven Claw is like 100 points ahead of everyone. Also Slytherin only gains like 11 points every once in a while while Gryffindor constantly gets 11-15. Did I fuck up by skipping text? Is this some sort of glitch?
yeah you need to "hang out" with snape at night a few times to raise the point level for Slytherin

Last edited:
Reactions: plexstormer
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes