apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
Github got taken down, I can't access the discord to ask what happened. Please let us know if you know what's going on! Best of luck to the team.
Last I heard GitHub was getting pissy about adult games on their platform so the team took it down. Idk if there was ever a purge or not but they said they were trying to get out ahead of any such thing. That's what I remember, anyway, it's been a while since that happened

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Can someone tell me why it says 'NO DC' in the top left corner of the game? Its barely visible but still irrationally annoying...

And is there something like an archive for older versions somewhere? Id like to play the latest 1.39 version since it seems a bit of content got stripped for 1.40

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Can someone tell me why it says 'NO DC' in the top left corner of the game? Its barely visible but still irrationally annoying...

And is there something like an archive for older versions somewhere? Id like to play the latest 1.39 version since it seems a bit of content got stripped for 1.40
do you have nvidia graphics?

you can find some 1.39.x from svscomics but all behind slow hosts.

Reactions: mehmeme

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
do you have nvidia graphics?

you can find some 1.39.x from svscomics but all behind slow hosts.
Yeah, I do.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. Not sure if its worth downloading, I only played version 1.4 up until tonks yet, but Im fairly certain she had sex content before, and now it seems she doesnt. Is there actually much less content in the newer version or not?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I do.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. Not sure if its worth downloading, I only played version 1.4 up until tonks yet, but Im fairly certain she had sex content before, and now it seems she doesnt. Is there actually much less content in the newer version or not?
1. nviidia causes that no dc, no affects to game
2. no sex content with her besides her popping into office nekkid, she had favors in 1.39.x but none was sex related (visually).

Reactions: mehmeme

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
It's not the game, it's nvidia bullshit.

Go to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" and delete the file named "nvdrssel.bin"

Edit: You might want to write that down too as that file comes back everytime you update your nVidia drivers and there's a chance that it will do it again. You can also try going to nvidia control panel, then manage 3d settings, then change "Threaded Optimization" to "Auto" (although that never worked for me, it does work for others to get rid of the NO DC).

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
Yeah, I do.

Tonks has some public favors where she reports back to you about messing with students, that's all the content she's ever had. The only content removed between last version and this one is them replacing Luna's janky old storyline with the new but unfinished Luna story.

cogdoctor

Nov 20, 2017
Last I heard GitHub was getting pissy about adult games on their platform so the team took it down. Idk if there was ever a purge or not but they said they were trying to get out ahead of any such thing. That's what I remember, anyway, it's been a while since that happened
I use github a lot as a developer. A notice like that indicates it was pulled without the team's involvement and quite clearly by github itself. Hopefully we will get some info on what happened soon. Having access to source is very important, especially since the team uses the patreon incentive of influence over what direction the game takes over access to early builds etc.

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
I use github a lot as a developer. A notice like that indicates it was pulled without the team's involvement and quite clearly by github itself. Hopefully we will get some info on what happened soon. Having access to source is very important, especially since the team uses the patreon incentive of influence over what direction the game takes over access to early builds etc.
Yeah I remember it being discussed in the discord a lot back when they stopped using the GitHub, but I wasn't really paying attention because development is all Greek to me lol. I imagine they'd answer questions on the subject, they're pretty active there.

Edit, found their announcement on the subject from back in May:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Euh, I'm in a bind, It's the popup warning for Hermione public route vs private route.
Hermione is at:
Favour tier 3
Whoring level 12
Reputation level 16
Tutoring level 8
What is the threshold level for public route and private route ?

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
TLDR; We've got an ultimatum with no way to appeal so we had to move out. Unfortunately, we could not find a git-like hosting service allowing adult content (all of them follow Atlassian rules), and managing our own git service with public access would be a nightmare.

We are still looking for alternative ways to share our work, but in the meantime, access to source files from release build and our changelogs will have to suffice.

In case anyone mentions gitgud.io, it is NOT an option for us because of the type of content hosted there.

• Wow
Reactions: Yukihirou

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Been playing straight for 1 and a half day now, I read everything. I very much like the direction and the writing. A shame I can't find 1.39.4 to test out the changed assets but for now i'll have faith in the team delievering an even better experience.

Feyn

Sep 25, 2017
In case anyone mentions gitgud.io, it is NOT an option for us because of the type of content hosted there.
From GitGud's website:
GitGud.io was created October 2014 in response to other popular git hosting services active participation in user politics.
Yeah, I can see how you'd want to avoid such an evil group. How dare they host people who disagree with popular political views!?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Been playing straight for 1 and a half day now, I read everything. I very much like the direction and the writing. A shame I can't find 1.39.4 to test out the changed assets but for now i'll have faith in the team delievering an even better experience.
still at svscomics.

Reactions: Yukihirou

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Yep, and HEY WITCH TRAINER SILVER PEOPLE: There's no reason you can't incorporate Akabur's artwork from Star Channel 34 into this game! :D
We refuse to use Akabur's assets from other games, we prefer to provide our own. Stay tuned.

Yeah, I can see how you'd want to avoid such an evil group. How dare they host people who disagree with popular political views!?
Everyone knows what's being hosted there. We want nothing to do with it. Please respect our choice.

Edit: To elaborate, we do not think gitgud.io is bad as an idea or by itself, it's the lack of clear rules, privacy policy, and user abuse, that makes us not consider it as an alternative to github.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes