janlul007

Aug 11, 2017
I'm afraid your graphics card does not meet minimum requirements. OpenGL 3.0 support is a hard requirement.
It's probably not your fault, but the fact that a game like this needs any decent and/or recent graphics card seems ridiculous.
It's a text-based game with cartoon style graphics and hardly any movement.
A Pentium II with a Trident graphics card should be able to run it...

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i force switch WTS to DirectX to run somewhat smoother. strangely though, the lag does get bigger with each update, as of 1.37.xx to most recent, despite whatever improvements had been done to fix it. it's not even fps drop. major part are saving, loading, rollback, and each and any transition. worst of it are the blend-to-dark parts (lack of better terms, sorry); and the lag increases with the time i run the game, from minimal at starting, to several (10+) seconds after playing an hour and up. i suspect there's some memory leak that stacks up, or something alike. might have to run some monitoring to catch that..
i do play other games based on Ren'Py, with comparable amount of graphics/content, and they don't have that.

Reactions: splamo

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
It's probably not your fault, but the fact that a game like this needs any decent and/or recent graphics card seems ridiculous.
It's a text-based game with cartoon style graphics and hardly any movement.
A Pentium II with a Trident graphics card should be able to run it...
It would be unreasonable to expect a pentium 2, which is a 23-year-old processor, to run modern games, whether or not they have cartoon style is irrelevant. Any graphics card from the last decade will run the game fine, maybe it's time for an upgrade?

Reactions: Sihn8 and Hjort

Steven7394

Feb 4, 2018
Hello, why the game crashed in the Android version?
I have this problem and I want help for this, because its close for nothing, thanks.

Tchernobyl

Dec 20, 2018
Any way to replay Cho's personal favours after her main storyline ended? I'm stuck with a screen saying that's all there is for now, seems a bit frustrating, especially when replaying Hermione's favours is just fine.

Reactions: blarg0192

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Any way to replay Cho's personal favours after her main storyline ended? I'm stuck with a screen saying that's all there is for now, seems a bit frustrating, especially when replaying Hermione's favours is just fine.
You can't, unless you got another save file before her sex scene.

VillyVonka

Jun 29, 2018
Hi all! Played this game for a very long time. I remember there was scene BJ with Luna when Hermione comes and talks to GG. Now, after a long time, I downloaded, and the last thing Luna has is a scene of playing with itself. What am I doing wrong?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi all The game has been in this version for a very long time. I remember there was scene BJ with luna when hermiona comes and talks to GG. Now, after a long time, I downloaded, and the last thing Luna has is a scene of playing with itself. What am I doing wrong?
nothing, 1.39.4 was last version where luna had more content, 1.4x will have those in future.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I found part of this scene -
here it is. How to get it? Or was it removed?
my reply above still stands. atm she doesn't have more content than stripping, if you want more then play 1.39.4 (not recommended if plays 1.4x at same time).

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
my reply above still stands. atm she doesn't have more content than stripping, if you want more then play 1.39.4 (not recommended if plays 1.4x at same time).
in order to play different versions, you can just alter the save path in the version you don't update anymore, so the saves don't mix up:

for 1.39.x it's in folder WT_Silver_1.39\game\_script_\ open (with notepad maybe) the file: options.rpy
you look for the line: define config.save_directory = "WT SILVER"
and change it into something like:
define config.save_directory = "WhateverYourSaveFolderIsNamed" (<-that is an example name)

and that older version will save into that folder, whatever name you give it; it will be created.
best to give it a plain name without special chars. i did with mine, WTS139x or the likes, easy to find.

yamadakun

Jul 4, 2018
in order to play different versions, you can just alter the save path in the version you don't update anymore, so the saves don't mix up:

for 1.39.x it's in folder WT_Silver_1.39\game\_script_\ open (with notepad maybe) the file: options.rpy
define config.save_directory = "WhateverYourSaveFolderIsNamed" (<-that is an example name)

and that older version will save into that folder, whatever name you give it; it will be created.
best to give it a plain name without special chars. i did with mine, WTS139x or the likes, easy to find.
mvp

gotta try this

Reactions: F1forhalp

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017

We've changed the save folder location in 1.43, so it should be fine to play older versions without worrying about saves being overwritten.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
We've changed the save folder location in 1.43, so it should be fine to play older versions without worrying about saves being overwritten.
i noticed ;)
still, keeping 3 different folders here, one for up to 1.39.x, another for the inbetween -before- 1.43.x and the last is the new one.
what's disk space problem nowadays, that was different back in the DOS age, where i'm rooted in. my first computer had a 40MB HDD and was considered very advanced because i already had a 8088 so there!
now i bet all except one reading this had to guurgle 8088 :D

Reactions: Zwart
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes