Ren'Py With Hermione [v0.3.3.0.alpha] [Kirill Repin Art]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Kirill Repin Art

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2019
I must say, if you want to just generate some pictures for your own entertainment — it's pretty easy, just google automatic1111 tutorial. It's free and unrestricted. A very fun rabbit hole to get yourself into.

In 2022 AI tools weren't available to the level that they are now, so all art in this game was made with a combination of 3d and photoshop.

When I started working as an illustrator and concept artist (2014 I think), I was just doing painting, then started introducing photos in the workflow, then 3d, and now I think AI could be very useful also.

Last edited:

Sihn8

Dec 26, 2017
I must say, if you want to just generate some pictures for your own entertainment — it's pretty easy, just google automatic1111 tutorial. It's free and unrestricted. A very fun rabbit hole to get yourself into.

In 2022 AI tools weren't available to the level that they are now, so all art in this game was made with a combination of 3d and photoshop.

When I started working as an illustrator and concept artist (2014 I think), I was just doing painting, then started introducing photos in the workflow, then 3d, and now I think AI could be very useful also.
The game creator for Confined With the Goddesses started the game with hand drawn art, and then finished the game with fully modeled 3D assets that were then painted over. After developing the models, simple posing them and finishing them with a painted texture massively increased his work speed. Another creator for Love of Magic learned how to use AI to generate nonspecific, regional atmospheric backgrounds so they wouldn't have to spend time making however many dozens themselves. the means Devs can use to improve their work is amazing.

Last edited:

ZuR3L0AD

Mar 8, 2022

New Update when>? its been so long

valkirie

Mar 13, 2018
No activity on his Patreon page since December 2022, so I'm thinking this project looks pretty dead.
Based on his/her's accounts he/she lives in Russia. The moment the shit with Ukraine started all of the accounts went silent.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
From Kirill Repin Art's Telegram, here are some tests at using AI (Stable Diffusion I believe) alongside Photoshop, to tweak the art of Hermione.

AFAIK this isn't to be taken that an update is coming soon, but more to show the direction the dev is likely to be going (and something of a teaser!)

View attachment 3201589
View attachment 3201581 View attachment 3201582 View attachment 3201583 View attachment 3201585 View attachment 3201586 View attachment 3201587 View attachment 3201588 View attachment 3201590
View attachment 3201584
An update with that face model would be pure perfection

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
An update with that face model would be pure perfection
Even just with the existing game, just a swap of the faces (I say "just", it's a bit like "Yeah, just do a week's work for no financial return, would you?")

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Even just with the existing game, just a swap of the faces (I say "just", it's a bit like "Yeah, just do a week's work for no financial return, would you?")
It depends, if he want to sell the game, having a close face proximity with Emma Watson would be a garantee. But that´s just me saying.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
It depends, if he want to sell the game, having a close face proximity with Emma Watson would be a garantee. But that´s just me saying.
Absolutely, but unfortunately as the dev is in Russia and Patreon etc. no longer operate there...

Basically, as long as Vladimir Vladimirovich's little excursion into his neighbour continues, this game's gonna be on hold.

Kirill Repin Art

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2019
Well, I've launched a page on Boosty , haven't posted there anything yet though. They work with PayPal (the PayPal was always the main issue), so I'm planning on deleting my Patreon page and starting to post content on Boosty instead. I have a few thoughts on how to proceed with the project now.
Also, I've used my existing 3d renders as the base for AI, I think that's pretty cool how AI can upgrade them for me.
Fun fact, I've also used the film accurate model of Hogwarts castle for the window view, you can see a bit of .
It's not super prominent, but definitely makes locations more fun for me, creates a better sense of emersion knowing that it's a 'real' place.

Hermione_AI_test_11.jpg Hogwarts renders 17.jpg

Last edited:

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
Well, I've launched a page on Boosty , haven't posted there anything yet though. They work with PayPal (the PayPal was always the main issue), so I'm planning on deleting my Patreon page
May I suggest you just use Patreon to broadcaast the new location. Always good to have backups in case something weird happens

edit yea for big tit hermione. I'm always very interested in seeing how your process with the texture less modeling paired with ai generation works

Reactions: Kirill Repin Art

Kirill Repin Art

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2019
I'm always very interested in seeing how your process with the texture less modeling paired with ai generation works
I think when I'll be doing new exterior backgrounds I'd do some simple texturing (adding brick wall materials, roof tiles, stuff like that), to give AI a better starting point. I think it would be a good compromise between doing UVs for the entire castle and just lighting a gray mesh. Then I would be able to make those renders more realistic and consistent, mixing real textures with some AI generated details, like moss, subtle variations in the texture and so on.
While it would be very cool to do proper UVs and put this castle in Unreal, I has to wait for now.

May I suggest you just use Patreon to broadcaast the new location. Always good to have backups in case something weird happens
I'll definitely do that, but the reason for me not keeping Patreon, is that I can't just pause billing there forever, I have to do it manually every month, and sometimes I forget to do that, meanwhile people who are still subscribed are getting billed. I wouldn't be able to use that money in a foreseeable future anyway, so the whole situation seems like a waist to me.

edit yea for big tit hermione.
I have a version with sort of 'normal' tits too, looks more like Emma Watson, but some choices have to be made, and big tits for Hermione is one of them!
Hermione_AI_test_12.jpg

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes