2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

userone1

Nov 8, 2017
Noted and fixed. And an easy one to find is in the abandoned corridor that you go to during the Slytherin quest
As mentioned in previous posts by others the path to the abandoned corridor is broken :(
Btw is this what the chest(s) look like? (Asking since I can't interact at with it) I've taken the ladder to the room above the First American

1684817493184.png

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
As mentioned in previous posts by others the path to the abandoned corridor is broken :(
Btw is this what the chest(s) look like? (Asking since I can't interact at with it) I've taken the ladder to the room above the First American

View attachment 2642983
It's a small satchel leaning against the wall that's near the ladder when you go up! Opposite way of the room you're in

absolutely love the game , keep at it :)
Very appreciated, seriously!

When will the hotfix release ?
Today or tomorrow, most likely. Trying to squeeze a bit of actual new content into it too

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
why do i keep dropping out of the map when i try to enter the abandoned corridor.
That teleport has got some problems, yeah

is the during the photograph event or after ?

and also can you give a rough location for all the stone scripture
Yes, during it. And they are pretty much scattered all across the place. No need to go looking for them rn because the scene is only coming up on beta today or tomorrow, and won't hit public for two weeks' time -ish

userone1

Nov 8, 2017
welp, caught up to the release, had a lot o fun so far (thanks for all the tips/replies btw)

Thinking about starting another run but i want to keep my current saves in another folder, where is it usually stored?

season12345

Mar 15, 2018
Yes, during it. And they are pretty much scattered all across the place. No need to go looking for them rn because the scene is only coming up on beta today or tomorrow, and won't hit public for two weeks' time -ish
I can only get the flashing scene, did I miss something ?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
welp, caught up to the release, had a lot o fun so far (thanks for all the tips/replies btw)

Thinking about starting another run but i want to keep my current saves in another folder, where is it usually stored?
Thanks for playing! There isn't any easy way to extract the save data. I recommend starting a new game from the menu and saving it to another slot, provided you have one available. Otherwise, you might have to download an entirely new build

I can only get the flashing scene, did I miss something ?
You need a pretty high student rep to unlock it

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Hnn, Dev. Another idea which has a dual purpose. People are still, at least looking at this thread, getting lost in Hogwarts, and the complaints about this not being a real school sim since everything is static is, honestly, a valid point.

You could fix both those things with some rudimentary AI, I think. Just have each given student select between three states: Standing Around, Chatting, and Going Somewhere. If they're standing around they just find a wall and stand near it, loitering. If they're Chatting they walk up next to another student and loiter near them. And if they're Going Somewhere, they select a certain room and go there.
Then you broadcast which state they're in by making it so that when they change states (which should happen with decent regularity), they pop up a little billboarded dialogue bubble with a randomly chosen string in it, which might have a variable for wherever they're going.

The idea being that if someone's lost, they might notice a student say "I'm going to the Great Hall", and then they can just follow that student as they wander to the Great Hall. This would help people find their way around. And, by giving the students even rudimentary dialogue and having them occasionally move around, you're giving a much better impression that the school is alive and the students have schedules... Even if they really don't.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

Masterjaxx

Nov 30, 2017
Does this game have some kind of monstrous hardware requirements or perhaps the Mega file is corrupted? Because i cant get it to start without unity crashing immediately.

Reset my system. Didn't work.

Deleted and redownloaded the file. No change.

Is my laptop just too weak for this game?

I dont think thats it since this is the first time ive ever had this kind of problem.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Hnn, Dev. Another idea which has a dual purpose. People are still, at least looking at this thread, getting lost in Hogwarts, and the complaints about this not being a real school sim since everything is static is, honestly, a valid point.

You could fix both those things with some rudimentary AI, I think. Just have each given student select between three states: Standing Around, Chatting, and Going Somewhere. If they're standing around they just find a wall and stand near it, loitering. If they're Chatting they walk up next to another student and loiter near them. And if they're Going Somewhere, they select a certain room and go there.
Then you broadcast which state they're in by making it so that when they change states (which should happen with decent regularity), they pop up a little billboarded dialogue bubble with a randomly chosen string in it, which might have a variable for wherever they're going.

The idea being that if someone's lost, they might notice a student say "I'm going to the Great Hall", and then they can just follow that student as they wander to the Great Hall. This would help people find their way around. And, by giving the students even rudimentary dialogue and having them occasionally move around, you're giving a much better impression that the school is alive and the students have schedules... Even if they really don't.
Yeah it's not at all a bad idea and it's probably time I had a look at a couple of those things. Most of the code for NPC movement and barks is already there, just needs to be combined into one "AI" that switches between states. Probably won't make it in this mini release, but perhaps maybe in the one after!

Does this game have some kind of monstrous hardware requirements or perhaps the Mega file is corrupted? Because i cant get it to start without unity crashing immediately.

I dont think thats it since this is the first time ive ever had this kind of problem.
There are parts of the game that are a lot more demanding than they should be, but very little of that is in the menu scene that is loaded on start up, so I'm not really sure what it could be

View attachment 2646107
is that retangle a stone scripture ?
It's possibly it was hidden behind another collider. Fixed now if so

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019

When you're asking about stuff like that, you're usually supposed to post specs too.
It could also be that you just don't keep things up to date. Laptop users quite often don't bother updating drivers and support software too. Or if your Laptop has Integrated GPU, it might not be able to run.
Additionally it might also depend on your Operative System. Linux and or Apple OS can have different issues. Win 11 might also have problems due to how new and optimized it still is.

I'm running the game without issues on
Win10Pro
Intel i5-6600 @ 3.3Ghz
16GB RAM DDR4 or 5, not sure X_x
GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB

On Win based system, open My Computer/This PC, just right click on empty space, and choose Properties, you'll get System window opened, where you'll be able to see most specs.
On there you can also find Device Manager option (or just type Device Manager when you open Start button), and expand Display Adapters, to see which GPU you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluewitchgames
2.90 star(s) 31 Votes