2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

kerberus

Apr 29, 2018
the game appears to be extremely promising, but for God's sake, it limits what can't be used yet, the scenario is very large and without a map or guidance, it's very vague what to do. And the art is wonderful! congratsss!

Reactions: Kingdomless

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Sure thing and thanks to you for the work you put in. (y)

Hey so now that I have you on the line so to speak, what does Charm do?
It is not listed on your stats screen but you get - charm and + presence if you switch robes. And does it have an effect during the party? Don't think I noticed any. Also, were you able to meet up with the Slytherin girl during the party?
Oops, really good catch, surprised someone found the wardrobe. Charm is a discarded stat and was worked into the others. Fixing it now, thank you! Shouldn't have changed any outcomes at the party and, /most of the time/, the big, mainstory events won't have /too/ many stat checks because I don't want players to feel that they have to postpone these until they have done every single last sidequest or else they'll miss out on content. They're going to have a bit of influence during them in the future, but mostly will be for progressing side-romances and events in general. It's more the other way around where choices during these events will grant the big stats for sidequests. And Slytherin girl can't turn up at the party under any circumstances, nope! Without spoiling too much, she's probably going to be the slowest romance. She gets a couple of mentions later and you can meet her tho!

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
the game appears to be extremely promising, but for God's sake, it limits what can't be used yet, the scenario is very large and without a map or guidance, it's very vague what to do. And the art is wonderful! congratsss!
Map coming! And thanks and thanks a lot for playing!

Aug 8, 2016
Oops, really good catch, surprised someone found the wardrobe.
Glad I could help. Found it by accident after the party :p Sounds sensible, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a requirement for anything, seeing as how the slytherin girl suggested finding spare clothes and some dialogue specifically mentioned your ragged clothes so wondered if getting new ones would matter.

Also, are you able to find the griffindor girl you are sent to find who had drink splashed on her by the girl who give you the password?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Glad I could help. Found it by accident after the party :p Sounds sensible, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a requirement for anything, seeing as how the slytherin girl suggested finding spare clothes and some dialogue specifically mentioned your ragged clothes so wondered if getting new ones would matter.

Also, are you able to find the griffindor girl you are sent to find who had drink splashed on her by the girl who give you the password?
Lmao good point actually. Might have to work in a little something for those few that do find the wardrobe before the party

And yup, there is a scene with that girl! She's in one of the rooms during the party

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
The game looks promissing to me.

But it could be best helpful, if there would be an advice in main menu or a readme how to navigate in game or how to run or use the game.

Allthough a warning or test obtion in start menu if the game will not run on your hardware could be nice.
A hint what minimum PC hardware is needed for the game will be useful.

Some I found out by myself:

The game needs a lot of graphic and CPU power, a standard office laptop with 2,4 GhZ CPU, onboard graphic and 4 GB RAM is useless to run the game. A gamer PC will be best.

Using keyboard: Arrow keys = left, right, forward, backward to move; ESC = menu to save, load, end game, stats

Using mouse wheel for zooming.

My lame hardware is not able to run more as the first scene in game. The main character moves very slowly and allways runs against the walls. LoL

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Multiple save slots, main character name change (click on the wardrobe in your room) and some bug fixes up on itch. If you're loading an old save, it's on 1. Dislike how the map came out and it practically wasn't better than just having some Hogwarts castle screenshot open, so that's on hold again until I find another solution. Some announcements about the project ahead tomorrow!

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
The game looks promissing to me.

But it could be best helpful, if there would be an advice in main menu or a readme how to navigate in game or how to run or use the game.

Allthough a warning or test obtion in start menu if the game will not run on your hardware could be nice.
A hint what minimum PC hardware is needed for the game will be useful.

Some I found out by myself:

The game needs a lot of graphic and CPU power, a standard office laptop with 2,4 GhZ CPU, onboard graphic and 4 GB RAM is useless to run the game. A gamer PC will be best.

Using keyboard: Arrow keys = left, right, forward, backward to move; ESC = menu to save, load, end game, stats

Using mouse wheel for zooming.

My lame hardware is not able to run more as the first scene in game. The main character moves very slowly and allways runs against the walls. LoL
Can get around to making an actual settings menu but honestly the real drag are the character models. I'm definitely not a 3d modeller and those models have far more polygons than they have any reason to lol. Thanks for giving it a shot tho!

Jun 20, 2022
Can get around to making an actual settings menu but honestly the real drag are the character models. I'm definitely not a 3d modeller and those models have far more polygons than they have any reason to lol. Thanks for giving it a shot tho!
you need to optimize the game more and fix the bug that falls out of the map

May 8, 2017
Alright, new builds should be up and you can now safely save! Can anyone tell me how to take control of the thread here so I can push the updates here as well?
I think if you ping the person who made the thread or if you ask the devs for game developer tag you can get control. I'm not really sure how it works but I've seen posts from certain posters to devs. I believe BaasB who posted this thread is the person I've seen who usually tells developers how to do it. So if you get ahold of them they can probably lead you in the proper direction.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I think if you ping the person who made the thread or if you ask the devs for game developer tag you can get control. I'm not really sure how it works but I've seen posts from certain posters to devs. I believe BaasB who posted this thread is the person I've seen who usually tells developers how to do it. So if you get ahold of them they can probably lead you in the proper direction.
Appreciated, ty!

Lucid Lust

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Very promising game!
It looks like you are using SamDoesArts (Sam Yang) Style LoRA if I'm not mistaken, it's own of my all-time favorite Stable Diffusion style, so I'm really fond of this game 2D art.
Best of luck with your project!

Reppumaru

Feb 7, 2018
Multiple save slots, main character name change (click on the wardrobe in your room) and some bug fixes up on itch. If you're loading an old save, it's on 1. Dislike how the map came out and it practically wasn't better than just having some Hogwarts castle screenshot open, so that's on hold again until I find another solution. Some announcements about the project ahead tomorrow!
So i downloaded new version and there are improvements.

First my neck is not so sore of instinctively looking down on my monitor in relation to the old camera,
Second: the movement is better,
Third: multiple save slots are great (If only I could name them myself)
Fourth: The old save works but it got pretty buggy after loading, if you want I can send you a video i recorded, its nuts (hope its just an issue with the v0.1 save)
Fifth: its great that you issue fixes so fast, i know this is very early development faze and you are very susceptible to ideas (bullying into some changes) but the fact that you are so passionate it gives hope for this project.

Now, the good thing out of the way, its time for some productive critisism:

Movement - it's great that it's fixed, and I can move camera, but WSAD works as earlier (W forward, S backwards, A roll left, D roll right) if I'm not holding right mouse button, when holding the RMB to move camera, the WSAD works better (W forward, S backwards, A go left, D go right). It should be one or the other. In my opinion WSAD should work (W forward, S backwards, A go left, D go right), mouse cursor should "disappear" as it would not hover over to 2nd or 3rd monitor (I use 2 monitors), mouse should control camera by default, and mouse could be used to interact while holding ctr or something.

Heaven stairs - in the tower with library, if you go to the second floor, you can see heaven beneath the floor, its REALLY bright and it looks like the floor is missing chunk of floor texture.
1679531246287.png

FemaleSlythHint - One girl in Gryffindor common room have very inconspicuous name. She probably says some important information about some quest or secret, but showing this instead of "interact" is a nice blooper.
1679531368625.png

Teleports - I think a good idea to help with traversing this big castle would be floo network (teleporting fireplace). By strategically placing (randomly) in rooms like Gryffindor common room, trophy room, grand hall, mb 2 other places, would avoid this running around the map. Mb at 2nd or 3rd day some character (like Luna) could introduce this "secret" pathways to character in exchange for running an errand, mb long one in that.
0a4696f39c3c1356_1481233650-floo-powder-diagonally-by-roobarbcrumble.gif

Map - I don't know if map works (u said you implemented one, but the menu won't show it to me). Mb for a later version, you could wind up a marauder map for the player, a very simplified version, just with painted walls, and steps signifying where the players stand.
giphy.gif

Hoping that this wall of text wont scare you and you will continue with the work on this aspiring project. Keep up with the good work and stay amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: that1guyno1knows

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Very promising game!
It looks like you are using SamDoesArts (Sam Yang) Style LoRA if I'm not mistaken, it's own of my all-time favorite Stable Diffusion style, so I'm really fond of this game 2D art.
Best of luck with your project!
As I think some others have mentioned, that one is in the mix too. Depends a bit on the character

So i downloaded new version and there are improvements.

First my neck is not so sore of instinctively looking down on my monitor in relation to the old camera,
Second: the movement is better,
Third: multiple save slots are great (If only I could name them myself)
Fourth: The old save works but it got pretty buggy after loading, if you want I can send you a video i recorded, its nuts (hope its just an issue with the v0.1 save)
Fifth: its great that you issue fixes so fast, i know this is very early development faze and you are very susceptible to ideas (bullying into some changes) but the fact that you are so passionate it gives hope for this project.

Now, the good thing out of the way, its time for some productive critisism:

Movement - it's great that it's fixed, and I can move camera, but WSAD works as earlier (W forward, S backwards, A roll left, D roll right) if I'm not holding right mouse button, when holding the RMB to move camera, the WSAD works better (W forward, S backwards, A go left, D go right). It should be one or the other. In my opinion WSAD should work (W forward, S backwards, A go left, D go right), mouse cursor should "disappear" as it would not hover over to 2nd or 3rd monitor (I use 2 monitors), mouse should control camera by default, and mouse could be used to interact while holding ctr or something.

Heaven stairs - in the tower with library, if you go to the second floor, you can see heaven beneath the floor, its REALLY bright and it looks like the floor is missing chunk of floor texture.
View attachment 2488230

FemaleSlythHint - One girl in Gryffindor common room have very inconspicuous name. She probably says some important information about some quest or secret, but showing this instead of "interact" is a nice blooper.
View attachment 2488233

Teleports - I think a good idea to help with traversing this big castle would be floo network (teleporting fireplace). By strategically placing (randomly) in rooms like Gryffindor common room, trophy room, grand hall, mb 2 other places, would avoid this running around the map. Mb at 2nd or 3rd day some character (like Luna) could introduce this "secret" pathways to character in exchange for running an errand, mb long one in that.
View attachment 2488266

Map - I don't know if map works (u said you implemented one, but the menu won't show it to me). Mb for a later version, you could wind up a marauder map for the player, a very simplified version, just with painted walls, and steps signifying where the players stand.
View attachment 2488258

Hoping that this wall of text wont scare you and you will continue with the work on this aspiring project. Keep up with the good work and stay amazing.
Don't worry about the wall of text at all, I actually seriously appreciate it

Still a few last things to polish on the movement yup. Need to find out what feels just right

And haha the flashbang staircase is just a placeholder until I find out how best to visualise it dw, either by building it all the way up or getting a better looking fogwall. It definitely looks wrong though, or like a texture is missing, you're right lol

That's a nostalgic gif and I honestly kind of forgot those even existed even tho I rewatched the movies recently leading up to the start of the project. Was thinking of just secret "pathways" through the castle that instantly teleport people around, like the one introduced at the friday party, but maybe just keeping all of the fireplaces as the fast travel locations would be a fun idea. Something to think about

And made the map unavailable again because I wasn't really happy with it. Pic here was the mock-up and then just arrows pointing to the current location, but it's just more confusing than helpful and might have to make something with an actual floor plan for each

Good catch on the Slytherin thing. Forgot to change it. Thanks a lot for the thoughts and the interest in general, it's really appreciated

Reppumaru

Feb 7, 2018
Also just replaying the story, I can't enter the gryfindor changing girl room during the ball.
Got "key appears to fit the keyhole"
But "Enter" wont work
"Listen" then "Enter" wont work either.
Last update I got the scene, now Its not activating.

bloxxy

Jul 2, 2018
Itch.io is already on version 0.5 creator seems to be pushing out bug fixes and patches fast. And I think I've found all 8 nsfw scenes but yeah the game looks great for AI art, What surprises me the most though is the continuity how each character remains the same and you can create scenes with identical characters

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Also just replaying the story, I can't enter the gryfindor changing girl room during the ball.
Got "key appears to fit the keyhole"
But "Enter" wont work
"Listen" then "Enter" wont work either.
Last update I got the scene, now Its not activating.
Ty for pointing it out. Will have a look. And without going into it too much because it feels self-masturbatory to talk story and ideas like that, I wanted a somewhat boyish ish look for a carelessly boyish character

Itch.io is already on version 0.5 creator seems to be pushing out bug fixes and patches fast. And I think I've found all 8 nsfw scenes but yeah the game looks great for AI art, What surprises me the most though is the continuity how each character remains the same and you can create scenes with identical characters
Thanks for playing and thanks a lot for the review! Means a lot! Hopefully will have gotten ridden of the last bugs today, and then it's on to more major content releases

Reppumaru

Feb 7, 2018
Ty for pointing it out. Will have a look. And without going into it too much because it feels self-masturbatory to talk story and ideas like that, I wanted a somewhat boyish ish look for a carelessly boyish character
Not gonna like, he looks like a girl-nobody-knows-its-a-girl-until-later-on.
Also, loading the game from menu is funky, the character is stuck in the-thinking-position, and moving the camera creates wierd effect. Going for menu > Quest log > exiting quest log fixes it.

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes