2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

ital

Jan 26, 2019
Damn it, how complicated everything is here, to understand where to run, you need the help of a developer, this game needs to be completely redefined so that everything is clear and accessible, now I’m literally trying to find some kind of ladder that should take me where I need it, and there are a lot of stairs here

Raknor

May 12, 2019
For the Autumn Ball, do I have to wait for a specific time to attend it. I've gone to the Great Hall and clicked on the door but it doesn't allow me to enter. The quest doesn't show that I need to do anything else than go to the hall.

ital

Jan 26, 2019
Its the codes for stat/rep/money increases.
As long as I’ve been playing it, I haven’t encountered such a problem as money, reputation, etc., you do a quest, watch the content, and of course you get what you need

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
For the Autumn Ball, do I have to wait for a specific time to attend it. I've gone to the Great Hall and clicked on the door but it doesn't allow me to enter. The quest doesn't show that I need to do anything else than go to the hall.
There appears to be a bug with that door. I reimported and lost a lot shit when I upgraded to Unity 3.35f1, which also affected the colliders and how selecting is handled. Try and angle the camera differently, or save and reload and see if it works then

Damn it, how complicated everything is here, to understand where to run, you need the help of a developer, this game needs to be completely redefined so that everything is clear and accessible, now I’m literally trying to find some kind of ladder that should take me where I need it, and there are a lot of stairs here
Just hover your mouse around. The range is pretty long and you'll find it fast

ital

Jan 26, 2019
There appears to be a bug with that door. I reimported and lost a lot shit when I upgraded to Unity 3.35f1, which also affected the colliders and how selecting is handled. Try and angle the camera differently, or save and reload and see if it works then

Just hover your mouse around. The range is pretty long and you'll find it fast
Is it in this room?

ital

Jan 26, 2019
A miracle happened, I got to the right place, and the question is, how was I supposed to guess this? Was this somewhere in the conversation?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
By the way, is this quest only available with a code?
Yup, Patreon only atm

A miracle happened, I got to the right place, and the question is, how was I supposed to guess this? Was this somewhere in the conversation?
It's not the most straightforward quest, I agree, and the walkthrough coming for it and other quests soon should rectify that, sorry! But I don't think it's entirely impossible to arrive at the location by reading 'Ravenclaw Commonroom', opening the map and finding that it is located at the top of the Grand Staircase, and then going to the Grand Staircase room to search around a bit

ital

Jan 26, 2019
There’s just a dead end that doesn’t lead anywhere, in order to guess that you need to turn into the void and click there, it’s only possible for someone who knows this, it’s logical, but the map will break the devil’s leg, the previous map that was on page 1 was more convenient, where did they put it?

Yog-Sloth

Jan 29, 2020
If they aren't there, check the script in your DMs in a moment, or reach out to me on discord

Cookiemonster's walkthrough is solid there. One thing though, you'll need to have done all of a day's classes / have Day's End in your questlog before you can sit in the chair in your room and wait to past curfew

It's there as a reward for increasing student reputation, and while there's nothing past 700 rep atm, it's definitely coming!
after the shop event quest can we still buy the dresses for may?

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
There appears to be a bug with the Conversation Room door during the Autumn Ball event as well - entering kicks you back out on the wrong side of the door. I managed to get to the stairs in the back via the Great Stairway letting me out into the 1st floor, but there's an invisible wall blocking entry into the Conversation Room from that route. Restarting and getting to the Ball again still results in getting stuck trying to get in the door, unable to complete the quest and blocking progress entirely.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Dont want to sound rude and i'm not even on the right to complain cause i dont support the dev on patreon, but i tried this game every update and this is still a mess, in this 0.65 versio n you cant even load your save without the game crashing to desktop, the optimization is terrible (rx6800xt having frame drops what ?) and navigation is worse the camera is bugged, i dont get why use unity instead the good and old renpy, or even rpgmaker if you want to have exploration
Good luck for the dev, but i just gave up on this one.

ital

Jan 26, 2019
Dont want to sound rude and i'm not even on the right to complain cause i dont support the dev on patreon, but i tried this game every update and this is still a mess, in this 0.65 versio n you cant even load your save without the game crashing to desktop, the optimization is terrible (rx6800xt having frame drops what ?) and navigation is worse the camera is bugged, i dont get why use unity instead the good and old renpy, or even rpgmaker if you want to have exploration
The most uninteresting and terrible games on the engine renpy, The problem is not with the engine, but with the developer who cannot make the game properly.
Moreover, how to make a game with the same format as this one using these engines?

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
The most uninteresting and terrible games on the engine renpy, The problem is not with the engine, but with the developer who cannot make the game properly.
Moreover, how to make a game with the same format as this one using these engines?
Well Hermione and Magic of Love uses rpgm and is set on HP universe like this one, AI art is not the problem as you can use it on rpgm as well. The problem with this is using unity with general assets where every single corridor looks the same, wich makes the navigation in a map that is unnecessarily big a boring mess

The only way to fix this atm is to add markers in every single quest pointing the player where to go, the dev could even make the players choice between help or not.

Reactions: harem.king

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
bluewitchgames Just started playing, lack of guidance is annoying at first, I like it as it forces the player to remember where everything is and the map is just the right size for that, but would it be possible to add a compas somewhere on the screen? Taking a wrong turn and not knowing which general direction I'm going is a massive pain.
The conversation room doors are bugged, I managed to get through by interacting with it while jumping around.

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
There’s just a dead end that doesn’t lead anywhere, in order to guess that you need to turn into the void and click there, it’s only possible for someone who knows this, it’s logical, but the map will break the devil’s leg, the previous map that was on page 1 was more convenient, where did they put it?
You just need to hover the mouse around, in the same way that you need to do everywhere else in the game. If you mean the old map, that's still in the game and can be accessed from the upper left corner when you have the map open!

after the shop event quest can we still buy the dresses for may?
Yup, it's a repeatable quest and will continue to progress as student reputation does

There appears to be a bug with the Conversation Room door during the Autumn Ball event as well - entering kicks you back out on the wrong side of the door. I managed to get to the stairs in the back via the Great Stairway letting me out into the 1st floor, but there's an invisible wall blocking entry into the Conversation Room from that route. Restarting and getting to the Ball again still results in getting stuck trying to get in the door, unable to complete the quest and blocking progress entirely.
Yeah, the doors were a bit wonky there and have been mostly fixed. Got to look at the Great Hall door still, but the ones around the Autumn Ball should hopefully work now!

bluewitchgames Just started playing, lack of guidance is annoying at first, I like it as it forces the player to remember where everything is and the map is just the right size for that, but would it be possible to add a compas somewhere on the screen? Taking a wrong turn and not knowing which general direction I'm going is a massive pain.
The conversation room doors are bugged, I managed to get through by interacting with it while jumping around.
Yeah, I like that idea. Having an actual pin on the map of your current location will be very difficult to implement with how everything's built atm, but a compass + shaded area of the currently loaded area should hopefully be almost as good and will be much easier to implement

Haven't heard about any crashes when loading saves so far. Are you using windowed mode? And is this saves loaded in game, or from the menu? If there is weird flickering, or the camera is bugged, it might be because you have another input device plugged in and it is reading both. For frame drops, you can enable occlussion culling and it should mostly solve frame drops with the exception of the room at the bottom of the serpent staircase which is still very heavy, yeah

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes