2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Fat_Vice

Jan 16, 2019
not simply add grinding dude, but add some purpose for the roaming. We wander to much to do not that much at all. Any mechanics that gives some kind of reward could be welcome.

The first thing you should do is to make a better navigation system.
The idea of any kind of grind was about skills that should be useful somehow, better than roaming to nowhere.
I do not meant to be rude in any way, i just think that you are putting much effort in some areas and the gameplay at all is not being focused. The project looks amazing at all, and i hope you understand that i was just trying to help. Will try it again in the future, keep up the good work.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I do not meant to be rude in any way, i just think that you are putting much effort in some areas and the gameplay at all is not being focused. The project looks amazing at all, and i hope you understand that i was just trying to help. Will try it again in the future, keep up the good work.
It's all good man! I understand where you are coming from and you're not the first who wants "easier navigation", for a lack of a better word. Working on a top-down map at the moment that'll hopefully make it a bit easier to find classrooms etc. That said, I do want to retain a bit of that sense of getting lost in a big castle

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Yeah, looks like there might have been a problem. Fixing it now. Until then, you can fix it by entering fActiveRemote,class2_charms_BEGIN,true in the console after pressing i

I pressed i, copy and pasted "fActiveRemote,class2_charms_BEGIN,true" (no quotes) into the console, pressed enter
Game froze for a while. Then I clicked esc, return to class, the door is still opened and the classrooms empty.

Perhaps Im not doing it right, or is there something else Im not doing?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Lmao yeah dw she doesn't take THAT long to do the job that you can miss out on the banquet. To find it, you have to go to the back of the castle, at the bridge out to the tree, and then jump on the pieces of wood to climb up on the roof, and then from there jump onto one of the archer houses attached to the big tower. It's very much not intuitive and I'll probably get some better pointers in for this quest
:D Hehe. OK, thanks. I wandered all along the halls near the room I described before (which is how I found the girl), and I'd even visited that tree when there was still daylight. I suppose it makes sense that I didn't go back again. LOL. I appreciate the help.

JRK0101

Jun 2, 2020
I'm having trouble with the very first quest. I made it to the room and in the youtube video there's supposed to be a conversation that triggers but nothing's happening for me and I can't leave the room.

Mar 14, 2018
After playing a few hours I defenitely enjoyed the game quite a bit and I like the art as well. I think Ill parrot a lot of people here that some QoL features such as better navigation and quest markers would go a long way to making it more enjoyable.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

DStell900

Mar 17, 2019
So I got to the quest Evening in the Water, and then went through the world, did the whole unstuck thing and walked back to the bath and then when I had to walk down the stairs into the other section, it wouldn't let me and the quest just bugged out, as if everyone left the bath and I couldn't do anything

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
I'm having trouble with the very first quest. I made it to the room and in the youtube video there's supposed to be a conversation that triggers but nothing's happening for me and I can't leave the room.
Might be a problem with BepInEx, as mentioned in earlier posts. Try and disable it

So I got to the quest Evening in the Water, and then went through the world, did the whole unstuck thing and walked back to the bath and then when I had to walk down the stairs into the other section, it wouldn't let me and the quest just bugged out, as if everyone left the bath and I couldn't do anything
You may have to download the newest build in the OP. The stairs were bugged but have been fixed now

Reactions: DStell900

UnitedRed

Mar 10, 2018
my guy just keeps falling through the map when you watch the stars with hermione and i cant do anything about it anybody know how to fix past this please?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
my guy just keeps falling through the map when you watch the stars with hermione and i cant do anything about it anybody know how to fix past this please?
Been fixed in the newest build and I recommend you dl that, apologies, but yes, you can also use unstuck!

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
So far this games biggest weakness is it's confusion open world. It is hard to find anything, every place looks the same and the whole press activate to do anything is annoying. Please dev put in a good map that lets you move while using it or even better. Put in a line of light that showes you the way to your objective like they do in Dead Space. That way the biggest flaw is already fixed. The rest is the bad performance and of course making the castle more interesting, but that stuff is not as essential for the beginning.

pozertron

Nov 7, 2019
At this point, i'm pretty sure the whole map thing is made more convoluted for the sole purpose of selling patreon rewards to skip all that jank. There is no way someone actually looked at that exploration gameplay and said "Damn, that is some good (adult) game design right there!"

• Angry
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
At this point, i'm pretty sure the whole map thing is made more convoluted for the sole purpose of selling patreon rewards to skip all that jank. There is no way someone actually looked at that exploration gameplay and said "Damn, that is some good (adult) game design right there!"
Very interesting theory lol. The map is perhaps a bit bigger and more convoluted than it should have been, but if you REALLY reduce it, it's just 2 separate buildings, each with 4 floors, and with 2 bridges between them. It tells you what floor you're on and shows a general location on the map too. That said, top-down map is coming for those that don't care too much for the school/castle part!

DStell900

Mar 17, 2019
Got a new one, after completing Slytherin Mischief and returning from their common room, I guess I fall out of the map and when I unstuck myself its like I'm seeing the map from far away. Any ideas?

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Got a new one, after completing Slytherin Mischief and returning from their common room, I guess I fall out of the map and when I unstuck myself its like I'm seeing the map from far away. Any ideas?
Yup, that quest is unfortunately bugged and there will be a fix up here tomorrow. Really got to go and sleep now

i know, but where?
They should be up in your room and it'll start from there!

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes