2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

ital

Jan 26, 2019
I completed all the kv that I could, except for the class, which will be fixed only in a future update, but I never met the scenes that are shown on page 1, not an elf, not sex with Hana, not a lesson in a place like a circus, not a bathhouse where there are a lot of people, all this is available only after the quest with A class?

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
bluewitchgames you need to set vsync to adaptive instead of off by default.
And ideally expose that setting to the user in your config page for those who want to turn it off, force on, set a different framerate, or whatever.

Also why is plain text over a black background taking up so many resources?
just text: 80 fps on a 60 hz monitor. GPU is hammered at 95%
text.png
This is terribly optimized. it is literally just displaying a 2d image. it should not require any meaningful amount of GPU

high quality graphics. 32 fps. maxed out GPU
graphics high.png

low quality graphics. 88 fps on 60hz monitor. maxed out GPU
graphics low.png

If I force adaptive vsync then on low quality graphics it correctly reduces FPS to 60 fps (perfect for my monitor) and 75% GPU utilization.

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Also why is plain text over a black background taking up so many resources?
just text: 80 fps on a 60 hz monitor. GPU is hammered at 95%
View attachment 3273493
This is terribly optimized. it is literally just displaying a 2d image. it should not require any meaningful amount of GPU
Dw, of course it is not using 95% of your GPU to render just an UI element. It's still rendering the castle in the menu background, and the canvas is just an overlay. The computation cost difference between disabling all those 3D objects or simply leaving them rendered for the 10 seconds the player takes to read the text before pressing next is completely negligible

As for more control over graphic settings, that's definitely coming soon. The LODs for the low and medium settings will also have to be looked at. Also, occlusion culling was disabled for this release which is why the performance has tanked in a couple of places where the world is "deep", since it's rendering everything in view. It'll come as an option in the next release again too

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Dw, of course it is not using 95% of your GPU to render just an UI element. It's still rendering the castle in the menu background, and the canvas is just an overlay. The computation cost difference between disabling all those 3D objects or simply leaving them rendered for the 10 seconds the player takes to read the text before pressing next is completely negligible
It takes way more than 10 seconds to read that much text.

Not rendering what is not visible is the very basics of making a 3d game playable.
As per sample images this game is absolutely loaded with 2d overlays that block parts of the screen.

To be honest. just before a 2d overlay interaction begins (eg: a conversation) you could raise all settings to max for a moment. screencap. and use that screencap as the background for the 2d overlay. to get an entirely 2d overlay for the entire duration of the conversation. Before returning to the 3d.
Which would massively improve both looks and performance.
As for more control over graphic settings, that's definitely coming soon. The LODs for the low and medium settings will also have to be looked at. Also, occlusion culling was disabled for this release which is why the performance has tanked in a couple of places where the world is "deep", since it's rendering everything in view. It'll come as an option in the next release again too
This is a rather big deal as the game is barely playable without such critical graphical settings

Last edited:

Dragonbait

May 11, 2017
I pressed i, copy and pasted "fActiveRemote,class2_charms_BEGIN,true" (no quotes) into the console, pressed enter
Game froze for a while. Then I clicked esc, return to class, the door is still opened and the classrooms empty.

Perhaps Im not doing it right, or is there something else Im not doing?

Thank you for this it saved my game, I was wondering if there is a working list of console commands? Game is a bit to buggy atm for me to enjoy a normal playthrough first time trying it out. greedisgood5 i saw earlier didnt work and I have yet to try the save command though it won't be long for that to happen.

Also i didnt get my knowledge/vitality/ student rep when using this command for the class

Reactions: MrMax

arrepio

Sep 3, 2021
In the regards to the "Prevented from saving by event", if you only travel between the west and east wing through the portrait shortcut within the dorm then it doesn't block you from saving.

Korotic

May 29, 2021
After finishing the friday event i ot a popup saying i have another meeting with someone. My guess was that I was meeting Ava for the Designs in the Dark quest, but when I go there I can't interact with her. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Dragonbait

Dragonbait

May 11, 2017
Help: Just finished the Friday night quest event and can't sleep and not sure what to do? Anyone else with this issue or am I missing something?

Lol just saw another post two up so I guess I am seconding it...

Is there a code for resetting May's trip through the boys window? I am wondering if that will help reset this issue.

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
After finishing the friday event i ot a popup saying i have another meeting with someone. My guess was that I was meeting Ava for the Designs in the Dark quest, but when I go there I can't interact with her. Am I missing something?
Help: Just finished the Friday night quest event and can't sleep and not sure what to do? Anyone else with this issue or am I missing something?

Lol just saw another post two up so I guess I am seconding it...
Yeah, there's a bug and I'm investigating it. Until then, you can enter fActiveRemote,avanude,true and she should appear in her bathtub in the room!

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Thank you for this it saved my game, I was wondering if there is a working list of console commands? Game is a bit to buggy atm for me to enjoy a normal playthrough first time trying it out. greedisgood5 i saw earlier didnt work and I have yet to try the save command though it won't be long for that to happen.

Also i didnt get my knowledge/vitality/ student rep when using this command for the class
Yeah, the new controller introduced a lot of bugs this time around, along with some other ones from the sequence of quests getting changed slightly. Will be fixed asap

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
It takes way more than 10 seconds to read that much text.

Not rendering what is not visible is the very basics of making a 3d game playable.
As per sample images this game is absolutely loaded with 2d overlays that block parts of the screen.

To be honest. just before a 2d overlay interaction begins (eg: a conversation) you could raise all settings to max for a moment. screencap. and use that screencap as the background for the 2d overlay. to get an entirely 2d overlay for the entire duration of the conversation. Before returning to the 3d.
Which would massively improve both looks and performance.

This is a rather big deal as the game is barely playable without such critical graphical settings
That'd sort of ruin the entire point of creating it in an engine like Unity instead of just using Renpy. The conversation sequences need to feel alive by having actual movement in the frame, even if it's just tiny, little details

Yes, it would slightly increase performance to not have it render the 3d elements for that particular 2d screen, but since you are viewing just an 2d overlay, performance doesn't matter since there's no stutter. At that point, the only concern is straining your PC when it doesn't need to, but a modern machine can handle that. The other 2d overlays in the game being viewed on top of the rendered 3d models allow for smooth transitions between menus and the game, instead of having to load the world every time the menu is exited. Yes, it's possible to minmax little things like that to max out performance, but at that point it's just a distraction and my time is much better spent on more performance increasing things like better occlusion culling and enabling/disabling of characters (who are the big performance hit atm because I suck at 3d modelling)

All that said, better options for graphic settings are definitely coming soon! Should hopefully make things run a bit smoother on slower machines, and I do appreciate the input

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
That'd sort of ruin the entire point of creating it in an engine like Unity instead of just using Renpy. The conversation sequences need to feel alive by having actual movement in the frame, even if it's just tiny, little details

Yes, it would slightly increase performance to not have it render the 3d elements for that particular 2d screen, but since you are viewing just an 2d overlay, performance doesn't matter since there's no stutter. At that point, the only concern is straining your PC when it doesn't need to, but a modern machine can handle that. The other 2d overlays in the game being viewed on top of the rendered 3d models allow for smooth transitions between menus and the game, instead of having to load the world every time the menu is exited. Yes, it's possible to minmax little things like that to max out performance, but at that point it's just a distraction and my time is much better spent on more performance increasing things like better occlusion culling and enabling/disabling of characters (who are the big performance hit atm because I suck at 3d modelling)

All that said, better options for graphic settings are definitely coming soon! Should hopefully make things run a bit smoother on slower machines, and I do appreciate the input
Thank you. I will wait for these options then.
A bit too poor for a new GPU right now.

ital

Jan 26, 2019
There is an armchair in the room that can skip the day until night, but it does not work more often

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes