ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
If you're trying garner interest in your game, that ass image is just Awful! It could be female or a male wearing women's panties. Not very well defined... Very FLAT. Try a Kardashian butt, perhaps a bubble butt? Maybe a woman who's actually been to a gym? 2 Stars should be your 1st clue.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Winterfire do you have a timetable for things like pregnancy and birth, or are they a ways off?
Not way off, R18 adds the noble district map: It will be the map in which the Chronomancer will reside in.
Since the whole game will take place in weeks time, actual pregnancy mechanics will be impossible to make but if you get pregnant, the Chronomancer will be able to fastforward the various stages (Big belly/actually giving birth).

Not sure how long it will take me, I have been focusing on other stuff in R19 and R20 and I was actually thinking about adding achievements (which is the last "core thing" needed to support saves throughout all versions) but since you have reminded me, I think I will start writing some code for that.

If you're trying garner interest in your game, that ass image is just Awful! It could be female or a male wearing women's panties. Not very well defined... Very FLAT. Try a Kardashian butt, perhaps a bubble butt? Maybe a woman who's actually been to a gym? 2 Stars should be your 1st clue.
It is actually 3 Stars, the other two reviews are old and no longer valid (For the most part):

The first review by Kawus:
-The game no longer has large empty maps, at the moment of writing the market district was missing a building and some decorations.
-Movement speed can be changed (Default: 0.7, Maximum: 3)
-Overworld art has been improved by adding lighting and shadows.

The only valid stuff from that review as of R18 are the bad menu sprites and the quality of the animated scenes.

The second review by Nimbuscloud:
Most of the review is actually a bug report which literally saved me: Half of it I had not noticed until he pointed it out, as for the other half it would have been noticeable only in the older versions as in the new ones the UI was always visible and therefore the code assuming that there was "something" from which to move from and to was correct.
I had promised a bug fix the week later (I release weekly) but instead decided to release a quick patch 3 hours later as those bugs were really nasty. This was back in R4, I believe.
While since then I have added a lot more content, the lack of customization is still true to this day as I have been focusing on adding other stuff.

As for the butt, I like the ambiguity between female and male even if it was not done on purpose, it fits the game.

mort89

Nov 13, 2017
Not way off, R18 adds the noble district map: It will be the map in which the Chronomancer will reside in.
Since the whole game will take place in weeks time, actual pregnancy mechanics will be impossible to make but if you get pregnant, the Chronomancer will be able to fastforward the various stages (Big belly/actually giving birth).

Not sure how long it will take me, I have been focusing on other stuff in R19 and R20 and I was actually thinking about adding achievements (which is the last "core thing" needed to support saves throughout all versions) but since you have reminded me, I think I will start writing some code for that.

It is actually 3 Stars, the other two reviews are old and no longer valid (For the most part):

-The game no longer has large empty maps, at the moment of writing the market district was missing a building and some decorations.

The only valid stuff from that review as of R18 are the bad menu sprites and the quality of the animated scenes.

Most of the review is actually a bug report which literally saved me: Half of it I had not noticed until he pointed it out, as for the other half it would have been noticeable only in the older versions as in the new ones the UI was always visible and therefore the code assuming that there was "something" from which to move from and to was correct.
I had promised a bug fix the week later (I release weekly) but instead decided to release a quick patch 3 hours later as those bugs were really nasty. This was back in R4, I believe.
While since then I have added a lot more content, the lack of customization is still true to this day as I have been focusing on adding other stuff.

As for the butt, I like the ambiguity between female and male even if it was not done on purpose, it fits the game.
I`m stuck on a 3-rd day,when my protagonist character ,don`t sleep in the bed/

Reactions: zadj
Apr 24, 2018

Sorry for not up-dating, I just haven't gotten around to playing the new version yet.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Sorry for not up-dating, I just haven't gotten around to playing the new version yet.
Thank you for updating the review! I have sent you a reply via PM since it was pretty long.

One thing I would like to mention here so everyone interested in the game can read is that movement speed can be altered both in the main menu and in-game, default is the lowest value (0.7) but it can be easily altered to a higher value and the value will persist even when playing newer versions of the game as far as the settings.ini is not deleted (Location: My Documents/My Games/Workers of Kartedhir).

I would also like to let you know that I have already implemented two of your suggestions in the upcoming R21, namely auto sorting and left click to show the next dialogue text.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Winterfire do you have a timetable for things like pregnancy and birth, or are they a ways off?
I began developing pregnancy, here is a screenshot (content is not yet in game):

Fertility and actual pregnancy are working in R21, however, since the fertility is balanced around 30 days and only 3 days are available, it is quite hard getting pregnant and even if you do, belly inflation and birthing are not yet available.

I think I will be focusing on adding content for the protagonist from R22 on so I can increase the maximum days by a few and then add the last few things regarding pregnancy.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Nimbuscloud

In R21 I have added two of the things you had mentioned: Inventory auto-sorting and Left click, walking speed is as always editable from the settings and the issue with not being able to speak with the innkeeper from the other side of the counter was fixed in previous releases (R20 I believe?).

I have decided to not include a skip button because most of the dialogue is unique and the rest is relatively short as it is not a visual novel, so you can get away with simply spamming a key to get to the end.

If I remember well, those were all the points I had the ability to address, thanks once again for the review and the suggestions! =)

howdypardner

Mar 26, 2019
Whenever I get past the initial new game setup, and my character is put into the world, my character does not move. I'm on a laptop using a keyboard. Am I doing something wrong?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Whenever I get past the initial new game setup, and my character is put into the world, my character does not move. I'm on a laptop using a keyboard. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello, in both secondary characters and protagonist, once you are put in the world an event auto executes and you should see a dialogue box whose next message can be viewed by pressing default key Z.
Did you get at the end of the dialogue?

Default key X hides the dialogue message, so if you cannot move, you may have pressed X by mistake, you can change controls from the settings (both in-game and from the main menu).

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes