2.60 star(s) 12 Votes

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Excellent Art but I am really not able to understand the introduction of sandbox element. A rework was necessary for their other game "Lust of pain" which afterwards was remarkably improved. "Silent House" was already a great and very refreshing game and IMO any remake was not required. I hope we are not going to be disappointed.

Last edited:

skrusher

May 11, 2019
Let's see if I get this straight since the game is very confusing.

The MC was adopted, or fostered, by Simon, who paid for his scholarship. He went to live with Simon, his wife Monica and their children Jack and Jenny.

If that is the case some things are still unclear. Jack and Jenny call their mother by name. Is she actually their stepmother? If not, then Jack jerks off watching his mom and Simon also likes to spy on his daughter. Is that right?

Jul 1, 2018

The MC was adopted, or fostered, by Simon, who paid for his scholarship. He went to live with Simon, his wife Monica and their children Jack and Jenny.

If that is the case some things are still unclear. Jack and Jenny call their mother by name. Is she actually their stepmother? If not, then Jack jerks off watching his mom and Simon also likes to spy on his daughter. Is that right?
...how is it confusing? Simon and Monica are married, Jack and Jenny are their children. The maid is MC's mother, we weren't adopted, we just live there with them. That's it.

• Haha
Reactions: McZoy and Chaosguy

Chaosguy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2022

Someone isn't reading the story. ;) (I tend to do the same myself when the beginning is boring.)

skrusher

May 11, 2019
...how is it confusing? Simon and Monica are married, Jack and Jenny are their children. The maid is MC's mother, we weren't adopted, we just live there with them. That's it.
The maid was the mother in Silent House not here. The MC is an orphan. In fact. he/she mentions that Anna is like a sister to him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Someone isn't reading the story. ;) (I tend to do the same myself when the beginning is boring.)
I not only read everything, but I also take notes. The Dev changed the story from Silent House to this one. Here the MC is an orphan who got a scholarship and went to live with a family for some reason. Then we got a family with incestuous behavior, or a father (with incestuous behavior) and his kids and their stepmother. Since the kids don't call Monica "mom" and neither does the MC refer to her as their mother I assumed that she could be their stepmother.

You guys probably play Silent House before and are assuming it's the same story but it's not. The whole intro with the orphan thing and how the MC, Jack, and Jenny address Monica. The whole scholarship to "university" and accommodation from Simon is also not very clear.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I was wondering if I was having a deja-vu. The MC and some girls looked similar but slightly different. The premise of the story wasn't bad and looked promising, but the dev got too much hate for the MC looking too femenine and because in some renders you could clearly see the reduced female breasts under his t-shirt.
Gonna follow this closely now, though. I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I liked the original concept.
so, he got criticized about the mc looking weird and created and even weirder one? Also his other game seems to receive backlash for ugly looking LIs, I guess he can't help stop modifying them until they resemble a prolapsed asshole.

Bobainox

Jan 1, 2022
Mc still has a sissy look, that was awful before, but now this horrendous sandbox style gets the top problem to solve in this game. sandbox should be optional, play like a vn or sandbox if devs like to put sandbox too much.

• Sad
Reactions: xXwankerXx

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
So they restart the game with the MC now grows up without a mother and father. His previous mother is now just the housekeeper that's like a "sister" to the MC. And then the first words out of the MC's mouth to the teacher after class... "I just... help my mother out with household chores when I get home".........
/smh
You are, like almost everyone here, plus myself, CONFUSED! :cautious: The team really messed up this remake. Instead of easily fixing the main problem. (The feminine looking MC) they make everything else worse. Now the origin story is confusing, and now it's a sandbox. I've talked to a couple of the team members and can't get a coherent answer from them. I even helped with proofreading, but they did not use 90% of my work. They are not Native English speakers, but there is a real disconnect here somewhere.

This is what, IMO, they should have done. Leave the story as is, make the MC a normal-looking male, and then, as per the player's choices, change his appearance or not. That is a lot of redoing of the art, but that really the only way to go.
I think the DEV wanted to go with the MC changing into a female but thought giving the player the choice not to would get more players. However, he didn't plan that out well and ended up as we are now a mess.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
You are, like almost everyone here, plus myself, CONFUSED! :cautious: The team really messed up this remake. Instead of easily fixing the main problem. (The feminine looking MC) they make everything else worse. Now the origin story is confusing, and now it's a sandbox. I've talked to a couple of the team members and can't get a coherent answer from them. I even helped with proofreading, but they did not use 90% of my work. They are not Native English speakers, but there is a real disconnect here somewhere.

This is what, IMO, they should have done. Leave the story as is, make the MC a normal-looking male, and then, as per the player's choices, change his appearance or not. That is a lot of redoing of the art, but that really the only way to go.
I think the DEV wanted to go with the MC changing into a female but thought giving the player the choice not to would get more players. However, he didn't plan that out well and ended up as we are now a mess.
The game was very good but the remake had a catastrophic impact. I believe it is not too late for a fresh start based on "silent house" plot. The art is truly exceptional.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Regarding the MC, the DAZ asset is still the same of Silent House, clearly a girl, modified to be a little more boyish. Still, he looks very feminine. It's a bit weird. That can be acceptable if the story and graphics are really good, but as I don't like gay or trans stuff, won't fit my tastes if the story goes on that path. In the abandoned VN (Silent House) there was a path for the MC to become more manly, that's where I had my hopes for the game. It seems also this one maintains a heterosexual path.

A many noticed, the dialogues need a heavy rework and fixing, too many errors. They are really a problem.

2.60 star(s) 12 Votes