Connoisseur NTR

Nov 17, 2020
Amazing game but I wasn't expecting that girl in the mirror also is it possible to get content with her? :KEKW:

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Content with a death omen, that would be interesting, they are pretty much grim reapers as far as I know.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
What?....only 3 reviews?.....was that always the case? or is F95Zone fucking with us?
You know, this makes me think :unsure: - when I'm sober I should write a review for this game seeing as how I like it. Col. Bourbon has been visiting me this evening from Kentucky and I'll write better after he goes away. :ROFLMAO:

I probably ought to write reviews for more of the 150-175 or so games/VNs I've got on my computer (shit I don't know) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I usually only do it for the shitty one's I erase :eek::eek: or the absolute blockbusters. Need to take care of all the good ones like this too. (y):cool::coffee:

Hey VictorSeven, I downloaded this first of your books off Amazon. So far so good. (y)(y)

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Is this goddamn forum gonna finally let me post? Yeah? Nah?

Sorry, all. I've been unable to respond because of F95 CONNECTION ERROR. I swear to god.

only 3 reviews?
Yup. Always been that way. I would LOVE more, if people could find time to write a quick blurb. I'm certain it would help the game get eyes here on F95. More eyes = more support and more support = faster updates. Fingers crossed.

Amazing game but I wasn't expecting that girl in the mirror also is it possible to get content with her? :KEKW:
Content with a death omen, that would be interesting, they are pretty much grim reapers as far as I know.
;)
1638375102250.png

Hey @VictorSeven, I downloaded this first of your books off Amazon. So far so good.
Ahhh thank you so much! Funny thing is... that series is where Maika, Saarya, and Wither are from. Here's original art for two of them:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Artist: Asht0x on Twitch

I have several other characters I was considering adding from my book series. I've also been considering making VNs out of the books, as well, but I don't think non-lewd games take as well as lewd games, and there are certain characters in the series that I cannot bring myself to lewd. Kiriya is the perfect example. She's such an emotional part of the story that it just feels wrong.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my rambles lol

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Goals for Next Build

1638918720776.png

Hey, all!

This has been a wild ride so far, and as a brand new dev, there's been a lot of learning involved. I wanted to talk a bit about the goals I have for next build and how they relate to the feedback I've been getting.

First off, thanks to everyone who has been filling out the feedback form at the end. This is where you get your chance to influence the game direction, and I'm super happy that so many of you are taking the time to tell me how you feel. Last build, we had nearly 900 submissions on the feedback form, and this build, we're up to 200 already. This is PLENTY of feedback for me to see what the majority of the playerbase is requesting, and one thing is very, very clear. YOU GUYS WANT MORE CHOICES.

1638918774739.png

Now, this is 100% my fault. I'm an author. I've never been a game designer before. This is new to me, so the few choices that ARE in the game already took a lot of work to put in. But I'm going to try to have at least 1 dialogue choice per conversation this time around, and I'm having a system made that will make the game feel a lot more interactive, while allowing me to write the linear story I want to write. Well, actually, there are gonna be 2 features that should amp up the interactivity. My feature coder, Xaos, is putting them together and teaching me how to use them. So standby for reveal hopefully sometime this month.

First, what I want to do is give the player free time after work every weekday to do an activity. In my mind, this could be "feeding the Harpy," studying the Dryad language, reading the book you found, or choosing to spend time with one of the girls. I want to make a lot of the intimate interactions optional so that the player can choose who they want to go after first.

Second, I want to introduce a couple of BIG story choices that absolutely will affect the game and your relationships. These won't come for a while, as they'll be reserved for the climax of the stories they're featured in.

1638918791447.png

These are pretty lofty goals for WCA, and you'll kinda get to see the game change as time goes on, especially as we change story arcs. I have a lot of aspirations for the game and a ton of story to get to, so I appreciate everyone's patience, and I hope that me taking the time to learn how to use these new features doesn't slow the game development down too much.

Thank you all for your support!

-Vic

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
holy crap, 200 responses... that's a lot of reading, just remember that while is nice to be open to our inputs and be willing to make adjustments to improve the user experience, only make changes if you are presented with a reasonable argument that convince you it will make the game better, in the end, this is your game, you are the developer, never compromise your vision to appeal to the masses (the masses usually have shit taste anyways :KEK:).

Now when talking about options, I know is weird, since Aurum is an actual character and not a void puppet without strong personality to allow the player to self insert, so is normal to struggle with choices, since in your head, one option usually makes sense for the type of person who Aurum is and adding another one could be seen as weird coming from him. By example having the option to peep on women's bathrooms, that's an old trope on the AVN genre that has been normalized to the point most people wont bat an eye when presented the option, but I just can't imagine Aurum doing that, after all he is not a creep.

Now speaking of options. Have you ever played Exiles?, is a pretty cool AVN 100% recommended, but anyways that game has a feature I REALLY liked, at some point of the story you get to choose different masters to train with and when choosing you develop a specific combat style: fist (strength), swords (technique) or daggers (agility) and then you are thrown in a fight and during the combat you get to choose from different options depending on what the enemy does and some options would be more effective depending on your style, by example, the enemy jumps and attacks you, you have the option to dodge or parry the attack, if your style is swords (technique) you would succeed in the parry and get a hit on the enemy, but if your style is fist (strength) or daggers (agility) you would miss and get hit if you try to parry (so in those cases the best option would be dodge and wait another opportunity), of course in the end, if you choose all the wrong options and lose the battle, there will appear someone to help you so it wont be a game over, but it adds a lot of flavor and interesting choices to the fights.

Now how to implement something like that in a WCA? of course Aurum is a martial artist so opportunities to get into fights will eventually come, but is not like Aurum will ever use weapons to develop a style, in fact he already has a combat style so I think going in detail about the strengths and weakness of his current combat style would help develop cool options during the fights, and of course depending on the enemies some options would be more effective than others, if the enemy is visually angry, making a feint would be more effective, or if the enemy is a orc or a knife wielding waifu maybe blocking attacks would be unwise. Also it could be a cool outlet to add more options with consequences during normal conversations with the girls, by example, Nook wanted to share with you a tipical goblin food, but said food smells and tastes foul for humans, you can choose between eat it or not, if you eat it, nook will be happy and that's nice, but then in the next fight you will be have stomachache and would be able to take 1 less hit before "losing".

Another example, if you go to a bar with the Scottish lass, and she challenge you to see who can drink more beer without getting wasted, you can choose to fold before getting too drunk and lose the challenge, or drink all you can (and still lose because scottish lass too strong :KEK:), now let's say you get confronted by a bunch of thugs outside the bar, if you got wasted your reaction time will be slower so you would be bad at dodging attacks, but maybe you would be better at making feints since your movements are more erratic anyways.

those are a few examples on how you can add light choices that will have consequences but wont alter the whole personality of Aurum.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
holy crap, 200 responses... that's a lot of reading, just remember that while is nice to be open to our inputs and be willing to make adjustments to improve the user experience, only make changes if you are presented with a reasonable argument that convince you it will make the game better, in the end, this is your game, you are the developer, never compromise your vision to appeal to the masses (the masses usually have shit taste anyways :KEK:).

Now when talking about options, I know is weird, since Aurum is an actual character and not a void puppet without strong personality to allow the player to self insert, so is normal to struggle with choices, since in your head, one option usually makes sense for the type of person who Aurum is and adding another one could be seen as weird coming from him. By example having the option to peep on women's bathrooms, that's an old trope on the AVN genre that has been normalized to the point most people wont bat an eye when presented the option, but I just can't imagine Aurum doing that, after all he is not a creep.

Now speaking of options. Have you ever played Exiles?, is a pretty cool AVN 100% recommended, but anyways that game has a feature I REALLY liked, at some point of the story you get to choose different masters to train with and when choosing you develop a specific combat style: fist (strength), swords (technique) or daggers (agility) and then you are thrown in a fight and during the combat you get to choose from different options depending on what the enemy does and some options would be more effective depending on your style, by example, the enemy jumps and attacks you, you have the option to dodge or parry the attack, if your style is swords (technique) you would succeed in the parry and get a hit on the enemy, but if your style is fist (strength) or daggers (agility) you would miss and get hit if you try to parry (so in those cases the best option would be dodge and wait another opportunity), of course in the end, if you choose all the wrong options and lose the battle, there will appear someone to help you so it wont be a game over, but it adds a lot of flavor and interesting choices to the fights.

Now how to implement something like that in a WCA? of course Aurum is a martial artist so opportunities to get into fights will eventually come, but is not like Aurum will ever use weapons to develop a style, in fact he already has a combat style so I think going in detail about the strengths and weakness of his current combat style would help develop cool options during the fights, and of course depending on the enemies some options would be more effective than others, if the enemy is visually angry, making a feint would be more effective, or if the enemy is a orc or a knife wielding waifu maybe blocking attacks would be unwise. Also it could be a cool outlet to add more options with consequences during normal conversations with the girls, by example, Nook wanted to share with you a tipical goblin food, but said food smells and tastes foul for humans, you can choose between eat it or not, if you eat it, nook will be happy and that's nice, but then in the next fight you will be have stomachache and would be able to take 1 less hit before "losing".

Another example, if you go to a bar with the Scottish lass, and she challenge you to see who can drink more beer without getting wasted, you can choose to fold before getting too drunk and lose the challenge, or drink all you can (and still lose because scottish lass too strong :KEK:), now let's say you get confronted by a bunch of thugs outside the bar, if you got wasted your reaction time will be slower so you would be bad at dodging attacks, but maybe you would be better at making feints since your movements are more erratic anyways.

those are a few examples on how you can add light choices that will have consequences but wont alter the whole personality of Aurum.
This is extremely detailed and helpful feedback, and I love it. Funny thing is, the original game was going to have a combat system in it, and Aurum was originally going to be a swordsman, not a Taekwondo artist. I had a stances system designed and specific moves you could use from those stances that would transition you to other stances.

Then I realized I had no idea how to code it. So I scrapped it lol

But I do like the idea of these little localized consequences. I've done small variable work like this already, with complimenting Nook's dress. So having these small-impact choices shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I'll have to think on it.

Thank you for your feedback and ideas!

Nov 24, 2019
This is extremely detailed and helpful feedback, and I love it. Funny thing is, the original game was going to have a combat system in it, and Aurum was originally going to be a swordsman, not a Taekwondo artist. I had a stances system designed and specific moves you could use from those stances that would transition you to other stances.

Then I realized I had no idea how to code it. So I scrapped it lol

But I do like the idea of these little localized consequences. I've done small variable work like this already, with complimenting Nook's dress. So having these small-impact choices shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I'll have to think on it.

Thank you for your feedback and ideas!
Just as a reminder:

"Variables" set with define are meant to be constants, and should be treated as immutable whenever possible.

Variables set on the run (with $) are temporary, last whole playthrough or until del is used. If defined during init, they'll behave as constants once game starts.

Variables set with default last during the whole playthrough.

Variables set with persistent last during multiple playthroughs.

Variables set with multipersistent last during multiple games - It is the easiest way to divide a game in books which are standalone, but it has no concept of playthrough, there are better methods (including reading the variable dictionary from savefiles) for this specific scenario.

Note: Python itself has no concept of constants, you can edit them but behavior is undefined.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Just as a reminder:

"Variables" set with define are meant to be constants, and should be treated as immutable whenever possible.

Variables set on the run (with $) are temporary, last whole playthrough or until del is used. If defined during init, they'll behave as constants once game starts.

Variables set with multipersistent last during multiple games - It is the easiest way to divide a game in books which are standalone, but it has no concept of playthrough, there are better methods (including reading the variable dictionary from savefiles) for this specific scenario.

Note: Python itself has no concept of constants, you can edit them but behavior is undefined.
This is INSANELY helpful.

Though, on the Github side of things, any idea how I can fix this?
1639060948503.png

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Seems like a good idea.

In any case, as I don't like to lose fights, I always save and repeat it if I see that I'm going to lose. I never wait to see the consequences of losing. So in my case it will just make me spend more time repeating the fight if it becomes something difficult to win.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just as a reminder:

What is the URL of your Ren'Py/Python instructional channel? I want to subscribe ;):cool: :LOL:

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Seems like a good idea.

In any case, as I don't like to lose fights, I always save and repeat it if I see that I'm going to lose. I never wait to see the consequences of losing. So in my case it will just make me spend more time repeating the fight if it becomes something difficult to win.
the idea is to have no way to "lose" a fight, but change how the fight occurs, it would be like, if you make all the right choices it would be a steamroll battle were you dominate your opponent and win without a scratch, but if you make mistakes or for some choices made earlier during the day you aren't at 100% effectiveness, you will still win the fight, but you will also struggle to overpower your opponent and the fight will be less one sided.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
the idea is to have no way to "lose" a fight, but change how the fight occurs, it would be like, if you make all the right choices it would be a steamroll battle were you dominate your opponent and win without a scratch, but if you make mistakes or for some choices made earlier during the day you aren't at 100% effectiveness, you will still win the fight, but you will also struggle to overpower your opponent and the fight will be less one sided.
I guess I'm weird, but being a VN I would repeat the fight until I get the best possible result. In this case, it isn't just winning, I have to win in the most perfect way possible.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
It seems like an internet error (Connection was reset - happens when server is overloaded, loose cables, troublesome ISPs, etc.), usually trying to retry later™ solves it.

If it doesn't, though, you ought to report to GitHub, it is likely on their end.
It happens on my laptop at work and on my gaming pc at home, 2 different net providers. 1 wifi, one hardlined over Ethernet. I uploaded my Renpy stuff just fine but when it came time to push my Ai Shoujo stuff, it says Nah. I just want my damn UserData/Cap folder for all the shots I've taken to be synced.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes