hrm

Jul 24, 2017
Playing this for the first time, and I noticed an error if you choose to do the overtime tomorrow instead of today. In 01 Chapter 1.rpy (Season 1/0.1.5.8), line 1711 should be "jump morning3" instead of "jump makesomefriends". As it is now, the conversation with Nook about hanging out in the Witherwood gets skipped. Also a small thing, but when meeting Aoibheann, her "golden child" joke doesn't make sense if you're not using the default MC name.

• Angry
Reactions: SolarEclipsed

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I'm confused with S2 and the no import saves, does it mean all choices made during S1 are no longer relevant?
At the end of S1 we were warned that saves were going to be broken due to a change of variables, is it still on the agenda?
Hey, so that's part of the problem with having been a brand new dev and things changing over time. The variables all ended up changed and at the very least, made the gallery incompatible with the rest of the game. Thing is, Season 1 was a very, VERY linear intro to the series, and a lot of the choices were for flavor. I hadn't learned how to make them really matter yet. Currently, there is nothing in Season 2 that is directly affected by Season 1 choices, but once there are, I plan to put a small questionnaire kinda similar to how Mass Effect did in the second game. That way you'll have the game YOU played regardless of my inability to correctly script fuggin variables.

Hei,

For me as someone who hates NTR, i took the situation with Eshtel as ntr. At the start of the game when asked which race do u like the most, i said elfs. and then Eshtel was the only elf and the character that i liked the most, but then boom, u help someone hook up with her like wtf. it would have been nice to have the choice to not hoop them up together but i guess your game, your rules.

as for why i think this is ntr, whether you agree or not, Eshtel was the character that i liked the most and then she got "stolen" and that is basically what ntr is. lesbian can be ntr depends on the scenario. and yeah i absolutely hate both ntr and lesbian

on the other hand, i feel like there is too much forced stuff, and i am not talking about Cecilia, but i am talking about the goblins. goblins are not my thing but i find myself forced to be in a relationship with one.

either way good luck with your game :)
Well, thankfully, what one person's definition of NTR is does not define what NTR ACTUALLY is. I warned people in the beginning, I am an author, not a coder. The story was going to be very linear in the beginning as I taught myself the Ren'Py engine.

This bit concerns me somewhat as River is considered core character but is one that'd I'd prefer not interacting with. Bad enough that reveal waited til near the end of the first season when it should have been up front.
Reveals don't happen in the beginning. It's a story. It's called a twist, my guy. Those require buildup. Foreshadowing. That being said, I will probably add a "do you want spoilers" prompt when meeting her for the first time as I did with Cecilia, since so many people are SO butthurt over it.

Thanks for the forced lesbian scene of the 2 Li’s goblins without the Mc...
Left without delay
Another fake harem game
Anyways, responding to the three most recent quotes ^ Now that I have a bit more experience under my belt, I'm able to make a lot more things optional. Like the Chiara and Eshtel pairing, and the scenes with the goblins. There are things I plan to take out of the first game (all of the "forced" stuff) and include as optional in the second. Eventually, Season 1 will get a full rework and ALL sexual encounters/relationship encounters WILL be optional and will look more like Season 2, where all of the sexual and relationship-related stuff will be in the characters' side stories, not the main story. I plan to make these things actual choices, which I did not know how to do properly at the time.

In the main story, yes, you will end up as friends with some characters that you might prefer not to interact with. But friends is as far as I plan for that to go. If you don't spend time with them on the side, you will never progress down the relationship path with them. That's the idea, anyway. It's gonna take a lot of work to do. This'll include reshooting a lot of the scenes with bad lighting in the first game, when I still had no idea what I was doing.

So mainly, your grievances are due to limitations I had when I first started and have now moved beyond. I know I'm not gonna be able to please everyone, but damn, there seems to be a whole lotta bitching from people who aren't paying a dime to support this project. Do people really pop onto forums just to whine?

Playing this for the first time, and I noticed an error if you choose to do the overtime tomorrow instead of today. In 01 Chapter 1.rpy (Season 1/0.1.5.8), line 1711 should be "jump morning3" instead of "jump makesomefriends". As it is now, the conversation with Nook about hanging out in the Witherwood gets skipped. Also a small thing, but when meeting Aoibheann, her "golden child" joke doesn't make sense if you're not using the default MC name.
Right, that's because I plan on taking the Harpy out of the first game and porting her stuff over to the second one, and that conversation is where the option to meet her occurs. Really, honestly, there's a lot that should end up in Side Stories in the first game, and it's gonna take a lot of work and restructuring to make that happen.

To all of you who have stuck with me through my learning experiences here, I appreciate and adore you. I made a ton of mistakes in Season 1 and it's going to take a ton of work to retool that into more of the Season 2 experience y'all seem to be enjoying more. I appreciate your understanding, kindness, and loyalty to this game and this story, and the support you've shown me as I evolve from author to game designer.

The rest of y'all can consume a bag of unseasoned penis.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
3 tipps for you VictorSeven
1. When you release a public build, add a public link and dont tell people to search for it
2. No dev can please everyone, but every dev can prevent to piss off people ingame by making sex scenes optional, that way everyone can decide who they want, if they like the available kinks and most important, avoid the stuff they would only complain about
3. Drop your "dont whine if you dont pay" mentality, it only prevents people from supporting you in the future because even those who have the money and like the game dont want to pay a greedy asshole...and you get that image pretty fast with such sentences and it can even drive people away who are currently paying

For the discussion, there will always be idiots who dont understand what poly means and scream NTR and there will always be people who dont get the fact a dick cant satisfy a harem on a daily base, so there would always be some lesbian action beween girls who are already used to have sex together. Thats the natural development of every harem thats not based on fear and slavery.
I'm poly lesbian myself and prefer it if my girls have fun with each other, but i also dont care if they have their own harems. The only nogo for me are dicks, i would never keep a cumdump around. Thats also the limit of the harem genre. So keep the polys dickfree as well because even if its not ntr, harem players dont want to share with other dicks, thats one of the 3 keyreasons why we play harem games.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Story quality? Experienced author? :WaitWhat:

In what world police ignores theft and heavy cutting a guy with a knife?

That's just BS.

Not mentioning that MC is a constantly whining wussy...

Story quality ⯪☆☆☆☆ Revolting.

PS. I've only played Prologue but it was enough for me.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

That's just BS.

In my experience, this one*... at least with regards to theft. Had my car broken into and they showed up took my report and basically told me I was SOL and they weren't gonna waste resources trying to find my shit, and to just file an insurance claim. Oddly giving me a speeding ticket has never been viewed as a waste of resources by them though.

ETA: Realized I didn't say which country "this one" is, the USA, would be the one I was speaking to.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
3 tipps for you VictorSeven
1. When you release a public build, add a public link and dont tell people to search for it
2. No dev can please everyone, but every dev can prevent to piss off people ingame by making sex scenes optional, that way everyone can decide who they want, if they like the available kinks and most important, avoid the stuff they would only complain about
3. Drop your "dont whine if you dont pay" mentality, it only prevents people from supporting you in the future because even those who have the money and like the game dont want to pay a greedy asshole...and you get that image pretty fast with such sentences and it can even drive people away who are currently paying

For the discussion, there will always be idiots who dont understand what poly means and scream NTR and there will always be people who dont get the fact a dick cant satisfy a harem on a daily base, so there would always be some lesbian action beween girls who are already used to have sex together. Thats the natural development of every harem thats not based on fear and slavery.
I'm poly lesbian myself and prefer it if my girls have fun with each other, but i also dont care if they have their own harems. The only nogo for me are dicks, i would never keep a cumdump around. Thats also the limit of the harem genre. So keep the polys dickfree as well because even if its not ntr, harem players dont want to share with other dicks, thats one of the 3 keyreasons why we play harem games.
1. My mistake. Should have included the Itch post link.
2. Right, that's something I learned and am implementing in S2.
3. I get what you're saying, but it's so goddamn demoralizing when you put your heart and soul into writing these characters, and then you have people like this:

That's just BS.

FINE specimen of a human being come in and shit all over it after only playing the PROLOGUE. I've made my entire life about writing, and I'm human. I'm emotionally attached to my work. So when these smarmy cunts come in and wanna just bash all over it without having given it a proper chance, especially when it's something they got for FREE, that irks me. Kills the passion. Especially when it's not even constructive, it's just shitting on it to shit on it. People like this are the reason shows like Firefly end up cancelled.

And for reference, everyone who has played further and gotten to the beginning of Ms. Clements' story knows that at least some of the police in this area are part of the problem. But ey, that's what happens when you knee-jerk to something that's being written as a mystery, where you only have part of the info and make an assumption.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Forgot to respond to this. Yeah, I learned very early on that No Dicks was the inherent rule. I had actually planned several side scenes that I have now scrapped, now that I know this community a tad better. Would not have gone over well. Learning this genre and community have been slow going, and I'm constantly discovering new things. It's just... tough to put so much love and care into something, and not get worked up when it gets dragged through the mud, is all. A failing of mine.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Some comments. Wow, couple plot twists right from the start.
This seemed to increase chances for me getting hot blonde into my harem so that's good.
More goblins, YAY! What a pretty eyes Senia had (great ass too). I loved Nichiris personality. Curious about Inphyy.
I might have to change my opinion about not including Ms. Clements into harem. She looked delicious in that outfit.
Loved Mouse! Galka... how can she always be so wise and deep. Still not into looks, but what a great personality.
And more plot twists. I can't wait for the next update. Great job.

I almost forgot. I found two images where MC's size was weird. You might want to remake that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Forgot to respond to this. Yeah, I learned very early on that No Dicks was the inherent rule. I had actually planned several side scenes that I have now scrapped, now that I know this community a tad better. Would not have gone over well. Learning this genre and community have been slow going, and I'm constantly discovering new things. It's just... tough to put so much love and care into something, and not get worked up when it gets dragged through the mud, is all. A failing of mine.
I'm not advocating for it cause I'm very much in the "No Dicks" group, but if that's something you want to have in a story you write down the line, there are definitely fans of it on this site... and there's plenty of Harem games that do include optional three letter and sharing/swinging paths. Honestly I'd say it's best to just not engage with the screechers, they're never constructive and they assume everyone on the site thinks the same way they do.

Write the story you want to write, and it'll find its audience. I don't know what your financial goals are (either just moolah would be nifty or this has to work so I can eat food) but generally creative works get worse the more the artist's original vision takes on TOO much outside input (the importance of accepting the occasional well done critique, is not to be disregarded though... think OG Star Wars, and Prequels after everyone was afraid to tell Lucas maybe all his ideas weren't bangers).

At the end of the day most of the people here are not paying, some may eventually pay, but I'd wager the super vocal ones who do the driveby complaints on new accounts with only 5 or 6 posts to their name, are not the ones you're gonna convert to patrons anyway. I'd always rate your patrons feedback higher.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
VictorSeven
Fully understandable, but as dev, writer, artist, musican, ...creative worker/person you will always meet people with different tastes. Its also natural to make mistakes. Criticisms are often more insulting then civilized, even if they really have a point. You need to block out the tone and only focus on the point. In the quote its the cop ignoring a theft and cutting the guy. The rest is his personal taste and the low level niveau of someone who dont understands how to use free speech. As dev you only need to ask yourself if this scene is worth the hassle of changing it, or is it like you wanted it to be? Do you see room for improvement yourself? If not just ignore it or tell your reason. It obviously sucks to get such reactions for your work, but if you let them affect you, they will burn your passion for your work and reduce your creativity when you start overthinking everything.

TigerWolfe
Then you should know how most of those games end. Harem and ntr are exact opposites, even with everything optional it will piss of many fans of both genres. Hardcore ntr fans want forced stuff, hardcore harem fans dont even like other guys around, especially not if they fuck any girls. But even the common harem or ntr fans are incompatible and almost every dev who tried to make balanced content gave up, either the whole game or to keep a balance. Its better to keep these 2 genres seperated, better 2 games that come to a satisfying end, then one that goes down unfinished or without fanbase.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Then you should know how most of those games end. Harem and ntr are exact opposites, even with everything optional it will piss of many fans of both genres. Hardcore ntr fans want forced stuff, hardcore harem fans dont even like other guys around, especially not if they fuck any girls.
I don't think anyone was talking about NTR. I wouldn't want scenes involving other men but I'm sure not going to complain if there's a threesome with a trans LI and a cis LI with a bit of dickplay involved. Probably not River because that'd likely run against her rather sever gender dysphoria but if there were others it wouldn't bother me and that wouldn't be NTR, just plain old harem group sex.
More realistically instead of just blanket banning it I'd say go with what the supporters want for this type of thing, which to be fair probably does mean no penises other than MC's with the LIs

Reactions: BFC 78

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
"and there's plenty of Harem games that do include optional three letter and sharing/swinging paths."
The 3 letters are ntr ;)

Well, i'm pretty physical, i cant consider anything with a dick female. When i have sex then with a pussy, not with a dick. I may stand alone or make enemies with this statement, but i'm not a telepath and dont see in peoples heads, i'm just a horny lesbian and only see what people have between their legs. If its a dick i'm out.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
"and there's plenty of Harem games that do include optional three letter and sharing/swinging paths."
The 3 letters are ntr ;)
Yes, I know, that's why I said I don't think anyone was talking about NTR. Plenty of people feel just as strongly about including lesbian scenes in harem games as MMF or male swinging scenes but I doubt Victor is changing that out of the game.
Well, i'm pretty physical, i cant consider anything with a dick female. When i have sex then with a pussy, not with a dick. I may stand alone or make enemies with this statement, but i'm not a telepath and dont see in peoples heads, i'm just a horny lesbian and only see what people have between their legs. If its a dick i'm out.
So you're down for a big 6'2 trans male with muscles, a hairy chest and legs, a full on beard and manly physique just because he has a pussy? You don't need to be attracted to trans women but they're still women. Nothing wrong with a penis boundary and unattraction is pretty much always valid.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
VictorSeven
I understand your point, yet I think both points of my criticism were justified:

1. Police can't ignore attacks with deadly weapons that leave victims in blood and unconscious. You didn't give any explanation to that, other than "cops laughed that a girl could defeat a TKD practitioner".

I'm not "shitting" anyone, I'm asking, in what country that would be a norm?

2. MC is a constantly whining wussy. At least during the prologue.

Again, that's an objective fact. Or could you say the opposite?

If you can't distinguish facts from meaningless personal attacks, then maybe you should learn how to communicate.

Hint: it was you who was meaninglessly shitting others when they say something you don't like.

You hurt my tender soul, so I'm not continuing our dialog. Good luck, and don't worry about the creativity of people I give feedback to (100% for free!). 90% of them get praise from me... because they deserve it. Write better stories, instead of focusing on your image, and eventually you wouldn't worry about praise or criticism.

Epsilon66

Nov 15, 2018
VictorSeven
I understand your point, yet I think both points of my criticism were justified:

1. Police can't ignore attacks with deadly weapons that leave victims in blood and unconscious. You didn't give any explanation to that, other than "cops laughed that a girl could defeat a TKD practitioner".

I'm not "shitting" anyone, I'm asking, in what country that would be a norm?

2. MC is a constantly whining wussy. At least during the prologue.

Again, that's an objective fact. Or could you say the opposite?

If you can't distinguish facts from meaningless personal attacks, then maybe you should learn how to communicate.

Hint: it was you who was meaninglessly shitting others when they say something you don't like.

You hurt my tender soul, so I'm not continuing our dialog. Good luck, and don't worry about the creativity of people I give feedback to (100% for free!). 90% of them get praise from me... because they deserve it. Write better stories, instead of focusing on your image, and eventually you wouldn't worry about praise or criticism.
Went back to the prologue to get it fresh in my mind so I could see what was what.

1. From what I could tell, the sequence of events went like this Stalking started > went to police where he was laughed out of a protection order> Knife incident> MC left city to try and put distance. So for the early part, its entirely plausible there was simply lack of evidence.

2. You must have a very low bar for that type of thing. Honestly the writing seems pretty on point for someone under a lot of stress in a job they've genuinely come to hate.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Went back to the prologue to get it fresh in my mind so I could see what was what.

1. From what I could tell, the sequence of events went like this Stalking started > went to police where he was laughed out of a protection order> Knife incident> MC left city to try and put distance. So for the early part, its entirely plausible there was simply lack of evidence.

2. You must have a very low bar for that type of thing. Honestly the writing seems pretty on point for someone under a lot of stress in a job they've genuinely come to hate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Tiur
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes