sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
and ends up going with her.
Reminds me that I am still wondering how the 'regular' world-hopping in the setting is going to be handled. And just how important or exceptional Yuka will end up being for the plot, in case the story starts moving around more.

Can't be too untraceable or unblockable, else things like dwarf lockdown and WCA having control could not work.
Can't be too tightly controllable, else Serafina could not be so light-hearted about 'escapees' like Mouse & Blossom and mention more of them laying low.
Can probably not be handed out like some garden-variety driving license due to magic skills, trade limits and possibilities like Nook's accident or stumbling on Marbog/other bad-endings-from-beyond when you take the wrong exit.
Or literally popping up in 800m waterdepth, because you had the hots for Mermaids and didnt think things through. But I guess at least that last problem should be handled as a safety measure of the spell.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PROGRESS REPORT] Missed It By THAT Much

So Supporters will notice that there is no new build that dropped.

I severely overestimated myself. I thought I could knock out this fight scene and the remaining couple of scenes easy, and the scoring and bugtesting is already mostly done, so I was thinking smooth sailing. However, this fight scene... each attack and its three response sequences takes me as long to shoot as a full conversational scene. We're talking about 3 to 4 hours of meticulous, joint-by-joint posing. And that's AFTER I've selected an attack and planned out three different responses and which should win and lose the engagement.

1722568609233.png

I have 6 of those left to do. They look REALLY FUGGIN GOOD, and I feel I've done an amazing job of selling the absolute BRUTALITY of this fight, but FUCK is it tedious.

1722568623787.png

Hate to say this, but it's probably gonna be another week. If not 2. I work on WCA while I'm at one of my jobs, and that's 3 nights a week. I tend to get 1 or 2 conversational scenes done per night, which is equivalent to 1 or 2 attacks and their 3 responses each depending on how much steam I have. In an ideal world I'd have everything done by Monday morning, but it may end up taking me a second weekend to finish whatever I've left undone after the first weekend if I gas out on any of those nights.

1722568635939.png

This fight has taken a massive amount of work and effort, and will take even more still, but I'm hoping the quality of the work justifies the time spent on it. That'll be up to you all.

In other news, I recently learned that the program I use has some advanced mods that are paywalled, and they VASTLY increase the visual quality of shots made with the program. I'm considering upgrading, but I also don't want to change the look of the story AGAIN in the middle of an episode. I did, however, find some Toon Shaders for Ai Shoujo that completely make Koikatsu obsolete. I tried my hand at building a toon style Goblin girl, and here's what I came up with:

1722568649123.png

1722568660911.png

1722568674053.png

1722568685198.png

That's it for now. I'mma be hard at work on these last 6 attacks and their responses over the next 3 days, and if I don't finish everything then, I'm aiming to have it done on the following weekend. I am SO excited for y'all to experience everything in this update, ESPECIALLY those of you who like Druthari.

I'm also curious to hear what y'all think about the Toon Shaders. I'm considering maybe using them for a future project after WCA is further along.

- Vic

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
No to toonshaders. That makers character look too cartoonish. Old look is more realistic.

On that last fight scene I saw girl on background just doing her thing while fight was going on.
Normal response would be to see what's happening, or nowadays, be recording it on a phone.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
As for the toon shaders that does look good. I don't think it makes Koikatsu obsolete because koikatsu isn't just about the cell shaded anime look, it's also the anime proportions and composition. Even the koikatsu base models are better suited for the anime style, you can really see it in the noses and chins.
Does look really good though and would definitely be a good look for a more cartoonish game. I think the more vanilla looking AIS renders are better suited for Earth in this game. Might be worth experimenting with if we end up exploring a different world or something though. That's what's cool about a multiversal story, not every world needs to follow the same rules.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
No to toonshaders. That makers character look too cartoonish. Old look is more realistic.

On that last fight scene I saw girl on background just doing her thing while fight was going on.
Normal response would be to see what's happening, or nowadays, be recording it on a phone.
Toon Shaders wouldn't be for WCA. They'd be for a separate future project that I would have opted for Koikatsu on. The alternative is to wait until PassionEye is fully out and modded, because it's being built for AVN creators specifically.

Also the girl in the background is cowering in the corner. Gnomes are not used to violence.

Reactions: tmu500
4.50 star(s) 33 Votes