Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Does anyone else find the gameplay design extremely bland and unsatisfying compared to Para Ark?

I haven't found an explanation for what the basic stats actually do, especially Luck and which exact skills scale with MATK vs ATK (guessing most sex skills use MATK based on brief tests, but impregnation "strength" does NOT for some reason), however since combat is discrete-time but not actually turn-based AGI seems stupidly broken as it not only lets you move "earlier" but also "more often" - and regen effects proc every time a character makes a move!

This leads to the next issue though: combat feels very tedious and same-y. The team members you get seem close to identical, divided into 3 "classes" with only a single ~10% stat variation marking the difference between each class. Sex skills are identical across all of them except for the futa who can't get rid of her innate dick. Each character also gets ~2-6 semi-unique non-sexual combat skills which range from atrocious (5% stat reduction on an enemy :rolleyes:) to completely and utterly broken if you actually cared to use them (-50% MP cost AND +50 TP regen in one self-buff!) - except you don't care because combat also seems to be piss easy.

Then there's the equipment, or rather lack thereof. The crafting table is full of gear options, 6 tiers of armours and a plethora of weapons and accessories. Except that is the only source of gear, there are no drops or loot chests with anything of value. And the ONLY way to get the required crafting materials is to sex up the girls and grind pregnancies over and over again. This turns what should be a titillating feature into a bloody chore! And if you don't go for penetrative sex specifically you get nothing! Fighting, using those few unique skills (and a whole bunch of gear options focused on direct combat) actively hurts your progression!

...except it doesn't actually stop you from progressing through the game. Gear doesn't matter much if you spam sex because whether you grind this enemy or their 5th respawn doesn't matter and they don't really hurt you regardless. Levels only matter in terms of getting more AGI so you spam more sex moves quicker. Explorable areas are short and you can always run out and heal for free. Boss battles are a complete joke, simply throwing a regular group of cell girls at you but maybe with slightly higher levels(=HP). I got all the way to the Slut Maker parasite and cleared all areas other than Lymph crafting virtually nothing, often taking newborn lvl1 girls into new zones to no ill effect other than the slight annoyance of battles taking even longer.

Why would I take lvl1 babies into the active war zone? Well, because the game doesn't just let you pick your favourite and bang her senseless either! Aside from the materials issue there is also an "affection" counter, which only tracks how many battles you won with that girl in your active party (because of course it does :rolleyes:). And this "affection" is required for breeding new girls, which are required to progress into new areas in addition to giving higher tier materials.

Oh and small-scale balance seems awful as well. Why is a single-digit crit rate bonus considered on par with in-combat regen? Why is a minor max HP bonus on par with TP regen in a setting where enemies deal close to 0 damage and almost everything you do uses TP? Why does the highest tier weapon only grant half a bonus attack, which a) only affects the basic "Attack" command and b) doesn't even seem to work properly for that??? Why do some early weapons grant alternative forms of attack but none of the later ones do? - actually I can answer that one: good thing they don't because a bunch of lategame gear grants "attack modifier" effects but those only work on the basic "Attack" command not any of the alternate forms.

TL;DR: just play Para Ark instead if you like to engage more than a single neuron with actual gameplay.

Reactions: icelandia
May 28, 2022
Does anyone else find the gameplay design extremely bland and unsatisfying compared to Para Ark?

I haven't found an explanation for what the basic stats do, especially Luck and which exact skills scale with MATK vs ATK (guessing most sex skills use MATK based on brief tests, but impregnation "strength" does NOT for some reason), however since combat is discrete-time but not actually turn-based AGI seems stupidly broken as it not only lets you move "earlier" but also "more often" - and regen effects proc every time a character makes a move!

This leads to the next issue though: combat feels very tedious and same-y. The team members you get seem close to identical, divided into 3 "classes" with only a single ~10% stat variation marking the difference between each class. Sex skills are identical across all of them except for the futa who can't get rid of her innate dick. Each character also gets ~2-6 semi-unique non-sexual combat skills which range from atrocious (5% stat reduction on an enemy :rolleyes:) to completely and utterly broken if you cared to use them (-50% MP cost AND +50 TP regen in one self-buff!) - except you don't care because combat also seems to be piss easy.

Then there's the equipment or rather lack thereof. The crafting table is full of gear options, 6 tiers of armor, and a plethora of weapons and accessories. Except that is the only source of gear, there are no drops or loot chests with anything of value. And the ONLY way to get the required crafting materials is to sex up the girls and grind pregnancies over and over again. This turns what should be a titillating feature into a bloody chore! And if you don't go for penetrative sex specifically you get nothing! Fighting, using those few unique skills (and a whole bunch of gear options focused on direct combat) actively hurts your progression!

...except it doesn't stop you from progressing through the game. Gear doesn't matter much if you spam sex because whether you grind this enemy or their 5th respawn doesn't matter and they don't hurt you regardless. Levels only matter in terms of getting more AGI so you spam more sex moves quicker. Explorable areas are short and you can always run out and heal for free. Boss battles are a complete joke, simply throwing a regular group of cell girls at you but maybe with slightly higher levels(=HP). I got to the Slut Maker parasite and cleared all areas other than Lymph crafting virtually nothing, often taking newborn lvl1 girls into new zones to no ill effect other than the slight annoyance of battles taking even longer.

Why would I take level 1 babies into the active war zone? Well, because the game doesn't just let you pick your favorite and bang her senseless either! Aside from the materials issue, there is also an "affection" counter, which only tracks how many battles you won with that girl in your active party (because of course, it does :rolleyes:). This "affection" is required for breeding new girls, which are required to progress into new areas in addition to giving higher tier materials.

Oh, and the small-scale balance seems awful as well. Why is a single-digit crit rate bonus considered on par with in-combat regen? Why is a minor max HP bonus on par with TP regen in a setting where enemies deal close to 0 damage and almost everything you do uses TP? Why does the highest tier weapon only grant half a bonus attack, which a) only affects the basic "Attack" command and b) doesn't even seem to work properly for that??? Why do some early weapons grant alternative forms of attack but none of the later ones do? - actually, I can answer that one: good thing they don't because a bunch of late game gear grants "attack modifier" effects but those only work on the basic "Attack" command not any of the alternate forms.

TL;DR: just play Para Ark instead if you like to engage more than a single neuron with actual gameplay.
You don't need to care about equipment, I'm fine with my girl naked(no equipment)
its way easier to just grind girl exp than equipment

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
You don't need to care about equipment, I'm fine with my girl naked(no equipment)
its way easier to just grind girl exp than equipment
Can't fault you for not reading the entire thing but yeah, that was part of my point too. Except levels don't seem to be all that necessary either. Seemingly the only real reason to grind is the need for "affection" points in order to progress through areas. Doesn't make the game more interesting though.

deviant37

Aug 1, 2019
They're bad to the bone, even badder in the bladder,
make a scene in the spleen, put the hustle in the muscle,
put the hip in the hips, the word on the lips,
ideas in the brain, keepin' her insane!
(Keepin' her insane!)

Reactions: Snafubr

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Parasites - yuck
Vore - double yuck
ASS vore - mega yuck
Lesbian - yesss
Futa - yeeess
Pregnancy - yes (wait, parasite pregnancy? Tentacles from vagina kinda sh**?)

I'm conflicted.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Yeah is there a guide? I am kinda at the point where I can't figure out how to get certain things. Crossbreeding thing doesn't show any other stuff. And I am a loss in what to do.

icelandia

May 28, 2018
Like others echoed here - the gameplay is horrid.
The art and themes are great, even the stuff that I'm not into I applaud if only for how niche and strange it is.
But if there's one thing that is consistent in all of the king's games is that they a lot of unnecessarily convoluted and ultimately pointless mechanics.

There's absolutely no point to the 900000 combat mechanics in this game when you can skip everything with autoattacks.
- That is not to say that combat should be harder; to the contrary. Nobody gives a shit about combat in this kind of game. You have really only two choices - you make combat 'strategic', in the sense that you have extremely limited resources and choices to make as to when to use those resources. Not an RPG, but more in the style of 'you have a bomb, you can use the bomb to get yourself out of a tough spot or you can take 1 point of damage. You have 3 HP max', that kind of thing. Or you can do it more like the better paced Hell After School - again, ignore all the PRG BS and go for something more straightforward.

Grinding to raise 'affection' is still grinding, and this is not the kind of grinding I'm looking for in an H game.

Personally, having 40 different party members seems dumb to me. It increase development time exponentially and I don't really care about their paper thin personality - I'd rather have one or just a handful of characters and more mutations, or a better paper doll system.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
how to recruit companion?
Get cummed in 2x by the same non-girl-type enemy, then use a Breed category skill. Both getting assaulted and initiating the sex counts, doesn't have to be within the same battle either, but the cum does need to go inside your girl. It seems all teammates are equally capable of breeding new ones with enemies. Then use the "Crossbreed" option in the hub room for additional girls.

Reactions: tanabe74

tanabe74

Aug 16, 2017
Get cummed in 2x by the same non-girl-type enemy, then use a Breed category skill. Both getting assaulted and initiating the sex counts, doesn't have to be within the same battle either, but the cum does need to go inside your girl. It seems all teammates are equally capable of breeding new ones with enemies. Then use the "Crossbreed" option in the hub room for additional girls.
Ok thank you that help
Also can i make the immune system my allies / companion?

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Ok thank you that help
Also can i make the immune system my allies / companion?
No, but "sort of". You can infect and control a few specific immune system characters later on. At first glance they're inferior to the characters you'll probably already have access to though, not that it matters much in this game.

tanabe74

Aug 16, 2017
No, but "sort of". You can infect and control a few specific immune system characters later on. At first glance they're inferior to the characters you'll probably already have access to though, not that it matters much in this game.
I saw it. In someone save file, he had corrupted macrophage and the other body cells, how do you infect and control the immune system and make them your companion?

Last edited:

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I saw it. In someone save file, he had corrupted macrophage and the other body cells, how do you infect and control the immune system and make them your companion?
Go to the Lymph area. I'm not sure what exactly unlocks it but assume you need to drive up overall infection levels (i.e. the counting stat in each separate organ) and go through all the cutscenes which add new immune cell types to the enemy roster.

crispBrisket

May 14, 2024
This game is very good at the start but as I keep playing I get so CONFUSED.
How to make new girls I mean everytime I try ti have sex with the enemies it keep failing and it says you can only use sex moves when their below 30% and the sex moves kept failing, I try to seduce them still doesn't work, I'm talking the vore moves they barley work and I always use them when the enemies are below 30% hp they keep failing for some reason

4.20 star(s) 14 Votes