The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Random thought from the mind of a crazy person.

When you play WVM do you list to music since there are no music or sounds in the game? If so what do you listen to while you play or are you like me and keep thinking you muted your speakers while playing.

I know for some girls when I see them songs just pop in my head now. I forget who posted a link to the song "loneliest girl" from Carole and Tuesday anime but every time I see Elizabeth that is the song that pops in my head now. I will probably post a list of the songs I associate with all the girls at some point just wanted to know what you all do.

Do you just enjoy the game with no music?
Do you have a playlist that you listen to while playing WVM?
Do you associate songs with certain characters in the game?
BB: Glad yer back to normal Loco I still wanna hurt you for making my sister cry tho. However she's super pissed at you right now for scaring her...and I think that's punishment enough :p

SB: *hmph* Not speaking to him....:cautious: I am happy you're better now tho:sneaky:

On the topic at hand..I always play my own music when I'm playing pretty much any VN but I don't have a specific playlist for WVM. Usually I'm just listening to my "On Repeat" list on Spotify which is a bizarre mish mash of everything from classic rock like The Who and Queen to Death Metal like Morbid Angel and Cradle of Filth.

As for character song associations I have several for Bailey depending my mood but basically none for anyone else.

Some of my Bailey songs are:

by Dream Theater (this one gets bonus points because she tells us she's into Progressive Rock when we talk to her at the Diner the first time and DT falls under the genre:) )
by Crazy Town
By Slipknot (some of the lyrics were in my sig for months)

The following songs are dedicated to The Twins:
by Blood on The Dance Floor (fucking hate the band love this song)
by High Rule (aka jenny's theme from Love of Magic tho I knew it before Droid used it so :p)
by NIN

the fact that they all start with C is totally coincidental

In closing a Bonus track:
by Slipknot a song that perfectly resonates with how I feel about my WVM family :love:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I surely am late to the party but I like your playlist, Hammerhiem. There are some awesome entries in it.(y)

I am one of the few playing these games in silence. Safe of course for the sounds of snacks being devoured, drinks being drunken and the odd d'aww or snicker or snort. I generally only listen to music when doing mindless repetitive stuff (riding my bike to work, doing household chores, going for a jog, working out,…) but when I do, I listen to a very wide range of music from Kraftklub to Queensrÿche to Zebda. I'm also a fan of concept albums like Operation Mindcrime or The Bifrost Incident by The Mechanisms.

There is however one song I somewhat loosely associate with WVM because it triggers the same happy relaxing fun nerve as it:
And while Bill & Ted Face the Music surely isn't the greatest movie of all time, the scene of them performing the above song really cracked me up. :LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hammerhiem

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
BB: Glad yer back to normal Loco I still wanna hurt you for making my sister cry tho. However she's super pissed at you right now for scaring her...and I think that's punishment enough :p

SB: *hmph* Not speaking to him....:cautious: I am happy you're better now tho:sneaky:

Sorry girls Uncle Loco had a mental break down yesterday, and I didn't mean to upset either of you. I seem to be doing better now, and will try to stay on the slightly crazy side rather than the total bonkers off the deep end side like yesterday.

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Krypt Angel

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I usually enjoy VNs in silence, since most of my musical tastes do not fit the overall themes of these type of games. Pretty hard to maintain a boner when Jello Biafra is scream-singing about his "Holiday in Cambodia" (Dead Kennedys). I'm mostly into old skool punk, metal, classic Rock. I mean, I love System of a Down for example, but as it turns out B.Y.O.B is kind of a moodkiller.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
I play either music off or even all muted. When reading the texts I find it contra productive to immersing myself when music is in the background.
I can't deal with music as a 2nd level, for me its the main dish.
Could not even play COBD with music.

But there are lots of fine pieces suggested, will sit down to some of them some time.

Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
I usually listen to whatever is in game, whether its nothing or the same song on repeat. I'm too lasy to find music that fits the tone every time and I'm likely to get distracted if the music is a bop.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
As mentioned earlier I play me some t.i.s.m. amoung a few others during vn time here's a good example of one of the songs that makes my playthrough of this vn more pleasurable

Nsfw btw

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
*phew* thank the lord BD that LocoGringo78 is back to some version of normal. Wasn't in the mood for an exorcism. Partially because that involves a lot of pee soup all over the place. ;)

I don't normally have any music on when it comes to any VN's unless it's already put in by the Dev themselves. Sometimes I do have my ipod on shuffle or I'm listening to a local rock station with the volume set to low so it doesn't distract me from my immersion.

Thanks for the music suggestions everyone, looks like I'll be adding some to my itunes.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Just wanted to put this out here. Since I won't PM the man himself out of respect to his privacy.

I know we all had hoped to see an update by now and we haven't yet, but you know what I am ok with that. I want BrainDrop to be happy with the update and put something out when he feels ready. At this point I don't care when that it is, I just want him to know even though we don't have an update we are finding ways to keep the game important to us.

I know you care about this story way more than any of us do. Sure we have some crazy fans here like myself The Krypt Angel, Jace325, ZoePen, lemonfreak, Spfjolietjake, Englen, BeoWoolF ToeSucker1974 Hammerhiem, AceOfNiagara, @kryn, ImperialD, csmk14 and so many others. We all have one thing in common, besides being crazy fans of the game and that is we support Braindrop no matter how long it takes we are going to be here daily talking about your game/story. We will be here warding off the trolls with the support of SB/BB, the Stacy clone army, and most importantly your true fans. We will come up with our crazy theory's, dream settings for our favorites, and argue who is the best characters. Most importantly we will come here to show our support in any way we can for you. Sure some of us are Patreon members and others are not, but here it doesn't matter who you are it just matters that we support you.

Your game has brought me so much joy that I can't even begin to explain it. Your game got me new friends and a great outlet to express my thoughts/feelings in these scary times, and for that I can not thank you enough. Don't be upset or feel disappointed that you let your true fans down, because you didn't and you won't. I don't need you to respond to this I just wanted you to hear it from a true fan.

I am sure I will get mixed reactions from random people here, but I know my friends share these same feelings for your game/story.

Thanks,
A Loyal Fan to the end

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
*phew* thank the lord BD that @LocoGringo78 is back to some version of normal. Wasn't in the mood for an exorcism. Partially because that involves a lot of pee soup all over the place. ;)
LOL. We all have bad days and some of us handle them in strange ways. Oh, and I will pass on the pee soup thank you.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Just wanted to put this out here. Since I won't PM the man himself out of respect to his privacy.

I know we all had hoped to see an update by now and we haven't yet, but you know what I am ok with that. I want BrainDrop to be happy with the update and put something out when he feels ready. At this point I don't care when that it is, I just want him to know even though we don't have an update we are finding ways to keep the game important to us.

I know you care about this story way more than any of us do. Sure we have some crazy fans here like myself The Krypt Angel, Jace325, ZoePen, lemonfreak, Spfjolietjake, Englen, BeoWoolF ToeSucker1974 Hammerhiem, AceOfNiagara, @kryn, ImperialD, csmk14 and so many others. We all have one thing in common, besides being crazy fans of the game and that is we support Braindrop no matter how long it takes we are going to be here daily talking about your game/story. We will be here warding off the trolls with the support of SB/BB, the Stacy clone army, and most importantly your true fans. We will come up with our crazy theory's, dream settings for our favorites, and argue who is the best characters. Most importantly we will come here to show our support in any way we can for you. Sure some of us are Patreon members and others are not, but here it doesn't matter who you are it just matters that we support you.

Your game has brought me so much joy that I can't even begin to explain it. Your game got me new friends and a great outlet to express my thoughts/feelings in these scary times, and for that I can not thank you enough. Don't be upset or feel disappointed that you let your true fans down, because you didn't and you won't. I don't need you to respond to this I just wanted you to hear it from a true fan.

I am sure I will get mixed reactions from random people here, but I know my friends share these same feelings for your game/story.

Thanks,
A Loyal Fan to the end
Usually I'd object to being called crazy, but in this case I see it as a badge of honor. :)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes