PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
Is there any real differences between cheat-noncheat routes ? I've compared couple scenes in PDF guide - same choices.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Sigh......

I'm sorry to interrupt the lighting debate, but there's something I need to get off my chest. The first time I played this game, I loved it. My only complaint (like many others) was that MC's dick was way too big. BD worked on that. Regardless, I immediately pledged. Not only that, but I was probably in about a dozen forums of other games where I purposely worked WVM into the discussion to promote the game and to keep my posts from being deleted for being off topic. When BD first announced that he was suspending the collections of pledges for a month, I double my pledge for the current month to cover the month he was not collecting (at the time we did not know it was going to be for more than a month.) Whenever anyone, whether it be a developer in a private conversation or poster in some discussion, made any type of criticism of the game; I came to its defense. I once said in a post in this forum that one of the reason WVM was so successful is because BD not only made good choices about what content to put into the game, he made good choices about what to keep out. I made the post at roughly 1 am my time and within about seven hours it had twenty "likes." Eventually BD posted a "like" to the post. One of the things I said that he was smart to keep out was the abuse of women. I get that the story requires MC's father to be abusive but I hope we can be past the point where we have to see MC's mom get beaten any more. When MC asked her if she was okay (with her black eye) in my mind I thought she's used to it.

I was disappointed with this update. There are already too many girls in the story and eight more were added. That's why the story has become get up have sex, go to school have sex, go somewhere after school have sex, stop by someone's house have sex, go home have sex. Even after all that and months of updates MC still has not had sex with all the female characters. MC used to go out on dates. Now a date is having sex with a girl in the corner of the room where no one is looking. There used to be some romance, but now there is no time for romance because MC has to have sex with three more girls before the end of the day. I like Liz as a character, I wish their relationship had progressed a little more slowly and I definitely wanted their first time to be more special (I avoided the scene in the basement.) Based on her backstory, it would have made sense that she was a virgin (actually, it would make more sense that she was a virgin than it would that she was not); it would have been great to make a bigger deal about it rather than their first time together be part of a foursome. All the relationships in this story have seemed to devolved into just sex. I wish that this update would have had more heart in it. All these loosely tied together sex scenes are just becoming boring.

The whole bowling alley sequence did not seem to make much sense to me. The sex scene was hot, but it seemed to be there just to have another sex scene in the update. The whole Ryker thing is nonsensical. It is said that more than a million people are going to be watching this event (I'm not sure that makes sense that a charity event featuring one college star athlete would garner that type of attention, but I was willing to go with it.) It even gets two celebrities to come out for the event. It seems that there would be a lot of media coverage (at least local) and a lot of people in attendance. I believe that at some point some one says that Ryker would have gone into the bowling alley if he had not gotten MC on the outside. Really, with all those people there? If there were some kind of commotion going on outside, why didn't several people go check it out? When Willabelle and Harper go for help, why don't a bunch of people from inside the bowling alley go out to help? Why are MC and teammates put in jail if they are not under arrest? I don't think you can be put in jail just because the police want to question you. Why wasn't MC's mom arrested, she ran a car into some people? Apparently Willabelle doesn't really have any kind of power if she could not keep MC from spending the night in jail. No cop can do anything to MC, he is supposed to be nationally famous; there should be an absurd amount of media coverage, so they are going to have to go by the book. The only thing that would have made sense is that in his rage MC had killed Ryker, then he would have been arrested. At the very least Ryker and his friends should have been arrested as well. There are a number of witnesses to support MC's story.

Finally, there is no way Damien can go back to being MC's friend with a simple apology. It's going to take something major like coming to the rescue in a moment of crisis. I don't know how at this point there is even a basketball team anymore. How do Ryker, Kenji and Damien still play with the remaining members? I don't know, maybe BD is just rusty after being off for so long. I'm not giving up yet. While my preference would be to make some major changes to this update, I can accept it because it's not walk away bad. I just hope that this does not become some big legal hassle for MC because that would be absurd. I also hope that he doesn't end up with some problems with crooked cops while he is in jail and I have already said why that would be equally absurd. I'd also like to see MC have relationships with a few girls rather than sex with so many that a character list is required to remember them all.

Okay, let the facepalming begin.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Sigh......

I'm sorry to interrupt the lighting debate, but there's something I need to get off my chest. The first time I played this game, I loved it. My only complaint (like many others) was that MC's dick was way too big. BD worked on that. Regardless, I immediately pledged. Not only that, but I was probably in about a dozen forums of other games where I purposely worked WVM into the discussion to promote the game and to keep my posts from being deleted for being off topic. When BD first announced that he was suspending the collections of pledges for a month, I double my pledge for the current month to cover the month he was not collecting (at the time we did not know it was going to be for more than a month.) Whenever anyone, whether it be a developer in a private conversation or poster in some discussion, made any type of criticism of the game; I came to its defense. I once said in a post in this forum that one of the reason WVM was so successful is because BD not only made good choices about what content to put into the game, he made good choices about what to keep out. I made the post at roughly 1 am my time and within about seven hours it had twenty "likes." Eventually BD posted a "like" to the post. One of the things I said that he was smart to keep out was the abuse of women. I get that the story requires MC's father to be abusive but I hope we can be past the point where we have to see MC's mom get beaten any more. When MC asked her if she was okay (with her black eye) in my mind I thought she's used to it.

I was disappointed with this update. There are already too many girls in the story and eight more were added. That's why the story has become get up have sex, go to school have sex, go somewhere after school have sex, stop by someone's house have sex, go home have sex. Even after all that and months of updates MC still has not had sex with all the female characters. MC used to go out on dates. Now a date is having sex with a girl in the corner of the room where no one is looking. There used to be some romance, but now there is no time for romance because MC has to have sex with three more girls before the end of the day. I like Liz as a character, I wish their relationship had progressed a little more slowly and I definitely wanted their first time to be more special (I avoided the scene in the basement.) Based on her backstory, it would have made sense that she was a virgin (actually, it would make more sense that she was a virgin than it would that she was not); it would have been great to make a bigger deal about it rather than their first time together be part of a foursome. All the relationships in this story have seemed to devolved into just sex. I wish that this update would have had more heart in it. All these loosely tied together sex scenes are just becoming boring.

The whole bowling alley sequence did not seem to make much sense to me. The sex scene was hot, but it seemed to be there just to have another sex scene in the update. The whole Ryker thing is nonsensical. It is said that more than a million people are going to be watching this event (I'm not sure that makes sense that a charity event featuring one college star athlete would garner that type of attention, but I was willing to go with it.) It even gets two celebrities to come out for the event. It seems that there would be a lot of media coverage (at least local) and a lot of people in attendance. I believe that at some point some one says that Ryker would have gone into the bowling alley if he had not gotten MC on the outside. Really, with all those people there? If there were some kind of commotion going on outside, why didn't several people go check it out? When Willabelle and Harper go for help, why don't a bunch of people from inside the bowling alley go out to help? Why are MC and teammates put in jail if they are not under arrest? I don't think you can be put in jail just because the police want to question you. Why wasn't MC's mom arrested, she ran a car into some people? Apparently Willabelle doesn't really have any kind of power if she could not keep MC from spending the night in jail. No cop can do anything to MC, he is supposed to be nationally famous; there should be an absurd amount of media coverage, so they are going to have to go by the book. The only thing that would have made sense is that in his rage MC had killed Ryker, then he would have been arrested. At the very least Ryker and his friends should have been arrested as well. There are a number of witnesses to support MC's story.

Finally, there is no way Damien can go back to being MC's friend with a simple apology. It's going to take something major like coming to the rescue in a moment of crisis. I don't know how at this point there is even a basketball team anymore. How do Ryker, Kenji and Damien still play with the remaining members? I don't know, maybe BD is just rusty after being off for so long. I'm not giving up yet. While my preference would be to make some major changes to this update, I can accept it because it's not walk away bad. I just hope that this does not become some big legal hassle for MC because that would be absurd. I also hope that he doesn't end up with some problems with crooked cops while he is in jail and I have already said why that would be equally absurd. I'd also like to see MC have relationships with a few girls rather than sex with so many that a character list is required to remember them all.

Okay, let the facepalming begin.
Wish you would have used paragraph breaks and spoiler features. O'well.

Most of your "problems" with the update were addressed in the last 40 some pages i.e. why are they in jail if they are not arrested, etc. That one is easy they can hold someone 48 hours before they have to charge or release you.

I personally wouldn't change anything but who the mc's sister is. But that's me. I do suggest to read this thread though there are some great posts

P.s. fuck Damien

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Is there any real differences between cheat-noncheat routes ? I've compared couple scenes in PDF guide - same choices.
There are a few differences. Some characters can only be accessed on the cheat path Like Alexis and Anna for example. On a non cheat path there are some bonus/extended (both on day 3) scenes with Jamie too. I try to lay out all the options in the game guide, but if there is a question on a specific person let me know. I play this game a lot with different paths and have a lot of it memorized at this point.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
View attachment 849249
Totally fair feelings tbh. I knew it'd be a controversial release.
I suppose all there is to say is that I'm grateful for all you've done and I hope you can come to enjoy things wvm related again. :giggle:
I'm not saying that it's trash, maybe that you lost your way a little. I've said to you in a PM and here in this discussion, that one of the things I liked about the game was that there were moments that I literally found heartwarming. That was missing in this update. I miss having a relationship with Jamie and Shauna. The game just seems to be too focused on going from one sex scene to another.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Totally fair feelings tbh. I knew it'd be a controversial release.
I suppose all there is to say is that I'm grateful for all you've done and I hope you can come to enjoy things wvm related again. :giggle:
Open and honest I liked the update, the ending was a little confusing and caught me off guard. I think that over time it will make more sense and I will enjoy it more. The only thing I really didn't like was (Ryker punching Wendy, but as stated before that is just because I don't like seeing men hit women. That is nothing against your story, it fit well with what you were going for). I am looking forward to the next release later this weekend as I have so many questions that I hope at least one or two get answered in the next update.

Reactions: Braindrop

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I'm not saying that it's trash, maybe that you lost your way a little. I've said to you in a PM and here in this discussion, that one of the things I liked about the game was that there were moments that I literally found heartwarming. That was missing in this update. I miss having a relationship with Jamie and Shauna. The game just seems to be too focused on going from one sex scene to another.
You didn't find the Willow or Harper/Natalie scenes heartwarming at all? Sure there were two sex scenes in this update, but I didn't feel it was dragging you from one to the other. There was drama, mystery and information about other things going on in there too. You had time building your relationship with several characters and few seemed to get a push a lot of people were asking for as well.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Wish you would have used paragraph breaks and spoiler features. O'well.

Most of your "problems" with the update were addressed in the last 40 some pages i.e. why are they in jail if they are not arrested, etc. That one is easy they can hold someone 48 hours before they have to charge or release you.

I personally wouldn't change anything but who the mc's sister is. But that's me. I do suggest to read this thread though there are some great posts

P.s. fuck Damien
Sorry I guess that it had just been long enough since the update had come out that spoilers where not really necessary; but you're right there may be some potential players reading comments to decide whether or not to give the game a go.

Forty pages would be a lot to go through. As I said, it was more about getting it off my chest. I'm sure other people had similar opinions.

Thanks for the information about the 48 hours; but I think the other questions are still valid. If Michael Jordan had been
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Every update can not be everything to everyone. Everyone here has there own wants and kinks.

Bd doesn't seem the type to fly by the seat of his pants. To me he seems to know the directions and streets he wants to hit each update.

I really do trust him (one of 5 devs here). But my feeling if its just an update or two you don't like try it again on the next or the one after. But if its every update maybe its time to find another vn that suits (royal) you better.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry I guess that it had just been long enough since the update had come out that spoilers where not really necessary; but you're right there may be some potential players reading comments to decide whether or not to give the game a go.

Forty pages would be a lot to go through. As I said, it was more about getting it off my chest. I'm sure other people had similar opinions.

Thanks for the information about the 48 hours; but I think the other questions are still valid. If Michael Jordan had been
No worries just new players all the time and this last update was busy so to speak and yes I do believe that he would be if he was just in college.

We hear about college kids all the time in each sport getting in trouble and being held and arrested by the fuzz

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
No worries just new players all the time and this last update was busy so to speak and yes I do believe that he would be if he was just in college.

We hear about college kids all the time in each sport getting in trouble and being held and arrested by the fuzz
For big things, not a fight. I've worked for two universities in the past and know about how some things get swept under the rug. But I have to go, any other replies will have to wait.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
I'm loving everything so far, and in this kind of games I appreciate that there is a lot of history and complexity in the characters, the comment from further back complains that in the end sex only results in sex, but at the same time complains about the plot and the complexity that is acquiring, it is not logical, First, because each sexual relationship is premeditated by a context or situation that develops it, such as, for example, how the three-way relationship between MC Jamie and Shauna is growing, and second, because if you still consider that sex is not correctly contextualized, then you should be grateful for the rest of the plot.

I understand that not everyone can like the game, or the direction it is taking, but I specifically like it precisely because of the complexity it can reach, what do you want me to say, I don't like simplicity, I like that games of this type have a plot and in it you can have sex, and not that sex is the epicenter and the plot is there just to make sense of sex.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019

For big things, not a fight. I've worked for two universities in the past and know about how some things get swept under the rug. But I have to go, any other replies will have to wait.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I wanna join this conversation so bad since i have experience with that type of fight and also the justice system but i'm going to stay :censored: cause it would be long. and respect to Spfjolietjake for either reading my post of the 48hour or doing research on it.

and respect for BD for sticking to his guns when it came to what really happens when things actually go down and even if your innocent and got attacked first if police see you attacking a man thats beat. you become the criminal, " Innocent til proven guilty" is a lie and its actually "guilty til proven innocent" so respect for that Truth and keeping it honest to yourself BD (y)

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
What's not to like about the game?
It's entertaining, enjoyable and fun.
A lot of games like sandbox games aren't even worth the update.
This is the only game everyone looks forward to every week if possible.
If anyone belittles this game is just their jealousy developing, cause they lack imagination and wish they would develop a game this popular.
I look forward to every update and hope it never ends and gets better.
There is no other game like it, just short ones that will never be this big.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok so I started to really look into this a little bit since I started to get worried about Wendy now. Here is something to consider the Stand your ground law. This law varies by state so it is hard to figure out what is going on unless you know what state we are in for the game. Now not to toot my own horn but thanks to the FAQ we know what state the game is in and that is IL. Hmmm does IL have a stand your ground law? why yes yes it does how convenient is that. Ok what does the stand your ground law mean. For this I had to refer to my other best friend Google and you know what he gave me this:

Ok to sum it up if BD did his homework which I am sure he did here in advance. The above Stand your ground law should apply to the MC, Ayden, Skye and Wendy. MC used a bat and hand to hand combat, Ayden used hand to hand combat, and I assume Skye used a weapon and maybe hand to hand combat as well, and Wendy used a Car. Now according to the law deadly force can be used on forcible felonies such as assault (check) kidnapping (attempted and implied as well so check). Now I am not a lawyer by any means but I feel the characters are in the clear here.

All legal material was referenced from the following article and is in no way my own:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
On a side note to everyone here thank you for the support for this game and helping keep this thread active during the dark months.

I know I post a lot here and I guess you guys/gals enjoy it since I hit my 3,000th like today. It is crazy to think how fast I got an additional 1,000 likes. On September 25th I hit 2,000 and now it is October 7th and I hit 3,000 (that's 13 days to get 1,000 likes). Thank you all for reading, reacting, and interacting to my posts it has been a big help coming here daily and talking about this game I love with some personal issues I have been dealing with.

I look forward to my next 1,000 likes and all the future discussions on WVM.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes