wolf3020

Jun 2, 2020
Wow, the file size is pretty big for such a new game. Any rough estimates on how much playtime there is so far?
Hiring a programmer is understandable, but why an artist? Just draw the logo in inkscape, export with the necessary parameters (if necessary, make a transparency \ opacity mask from the same spline) - the vector is always easy to modify and scale. This is not a complete brandbook for all occasions from printing to souvenirs, just a logo for texture and maybe for a list of characters, hiring a designer / artist for this is redundant, IMHO :coffee: or are he afraid of the similarity of the logos? He don’t use them in reality and don’t get a zillion U$D profit from the game as creators of AAA games? - but then it is more a copywriter's job, not a designer's - to check the matches in the patent office or what is it called in America, where all trademarks and logos are registered?

The only thing, I'm afraid that if he increase the time between updates for more than a month or two, he will start reworking the ENTIRE game completely, and will stop creating new content - he's a damn Insidious Villain workaholic-perfectionist, always dissatisfied with himself and the result of his work - if he is not rushed by the limited time frame , he will just start redoing everything over and over again :unsure:

So, BD have THAT days again, you know, THAT - girls will understand - when the mood changes, insecurity, discomfort, panic.. :giggle:
And this is all because fiancee informed him that he would soon become a father.. or because he pulled heavy furniture during the move - I too, when i moved, thought: "I'm done, bury me in the backyard under the barbeque area.." despite the fact that I hired movers to carry the heaviest , but I disassembled and assembled the furniture myself. still after move feel as if a truck ran over me

actually there's a reason hes does that and he wants it looking good and no flaws in the game visuals along with placement of the angle of the scenes that he produces so therefore, GIVE HIM SOME CREDIT WHEN ITS DUE since hes got other things hes does and cant work it 24/7 in a week he has to take time to produce those fine ass art and produces it with style that's why he gets good ratings on the game and the storyline is decent to boot if i may add to.

all girls are hot as hell i may say and i think that all girls need to have anal sex with the mc but its a choice of his to pick what girl to get it in the ass :D

pictures55

Mar 14, 2019
I am employed as a developer. The problem with not setting any deadline tends to be that things tend to take even longer: it's always very tempting to change what you've just done because you think you can do better, oh and that new idea you've just had and feel very excited about is great but wasn't planned. It's just all very human and there's no avoiding it. Not having deadlines is absolutely terrible for perfectionists (and not only them), and WVM seems to be a product of love for Braindrop so I'm afraid he would fall in that category. So it's not a matter of achieving 800 renders per week if they won't all be used in the end or you could have been more efficient (and relaxed) instead. I don't think the problem is the deadlines, although Braindrop may not be too comfortable with the bi-weekly deadline just yet. If meeting the deadlines seem hard, I rather suggest lowering your target and delivering less on that release rather than delaying it, and if it is a recurring issue then lower your usual target: 500-600 renders a week is good too! It's quite standard software development to plan some time for unforeseen issues - and if there are none, then at the end of your work cycle feel free to add content to what was originally planned in this allocated time.
Ultimately it is Braindrop's decision but I do think having some sort of planned schedule and the deadlines that surround it will help him. My concern isn't that he would slack off, but rather it would be easy to slip into more reworks than just week one. Also, as has been mentioned before the number of things that go into a day in WVM is about three days or more in most VMs here, so even with his work ethic we would be talking pretty easily cycles akin to some of the other most popular devs on this site. I myself download and play it every two to three updates, to purposefully build a little time, and feel like that is a very substantial update. That is only about 1/4 to 1/3 a day. I think Braindrop is selling his work short in some ways, as I've never felt like those 1/4 to 1/3 day increments that I play at are small. Jumping from many incremental updates to full days like this feels sort of like going from ongoing daily patches to waiting between major release versions in software, and I'm not sure that actually is what is best... but maybe that is just me.
Posted it on Patreon, will expand here:

Having worked in IT for over 15 years, I've found creating a story (project) plan helps to streamline work. The story should drive the update time table even though renders take longer. Decide how much of the story should be in each update; from their best estimate of how many renders are needed (think about re-using previous renders where possible) and you can build your sprint length (Agile practices) based on story length plus estimated render count.

If anyone has watched Castle or various crime shows where they have a crime / story board, its a good representative example to follow which is used in IT all the time when at the beginning stages of a project. Lets you map out the big parts of the project to aid in building the timeline, decisioning the "big" events in order to plan what needs to be done to get there.

The development for WVM is easier in part because there are no complex variables to keep track of (aka WTHI) so it is still easily manageable with one person. I have faith but BD is still young and needs to find out what works best for his style of work.

Well the decision is up to him and he only needs to listen to his community of patreons, but beside what's already been mentioned, with that kind of time frame for releases there is another concern that should arise: the loss of engagement for his community. People are very active in the community and I'm convinced that is because the updates have been so frequent that you can just hang out on the thread all the time. Make it a 2 or 3-month wait and I can see it become a lot quieter over time.
Personally I'm fine either way but I probably would not have made that choice in his shoes.
As Loco said, not an issue for the core group in the thread

Overall, despite wanting more content sooner, having a more full update will feel more rewarding.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
With regards to the update schedule: There's good and bad about any way it could possibly be done. The only thing that would make me truly happy is impossible - and that's to have infinite content right now.

Shorter update periods mean less content, and there's nothing worse than just getting into the game, and finding out you're at the end of the content.

Bigger updates/more content means longer wait times - and there's nothing worse than having to wait what seems like forever for more content in a game you love.

Yes, I know I said nothing's worse in two different situations. It was on purpose. There's something that sucks hard about both ways it happens. In the end, the game is awesome, and it'll make up for whichever one I wind up having to deal with. Neither one is easier than the other, they're just different kinds of "ugh".

I look forward to the next update, and every one after that, regardless of release schedule. BD says he'll keep communicating, and honestly, to me that's more important than the schedule.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I just want to remind some of the newer folks here that the community was very active during the dark months. Some posters were putting out 20 plus posts a day here, and all were about game content and theory crafting. It wasn't a complaining fest, sure we got a lot of is the game dead or when is the next update people. however, a lot of good stuff came out during those months without an update. The FAQ and Game Guides were created during that time. We did our first tier during that time too. We had a lot of fun here even without an update.
That's right, the WVM community is pretty solid and of course there will be people less active but at this point the game won't lose its track of followers. People are engaged in the story and they'll keep coming whenever a new chapter is ready. And, in some way, this connects with this other quote:

I look forward to the next update, and every one after that, regardless of release schedule. BD says he'll keep communicating, and honestly, to me that's more important than the schedule.
THIS is the thing. Braindrop is one of the most communicative and transparent devs I know. I'm not going to play psychoanalisys or something but I think his 'impostor syndrome', being a good guy as he is (because you have to be a good guy to pause pledges the way he does), make him even "anxious" for explaining us everything that's going on. And this is gold. He not only shares development notes and figures as well as private life details (I'm happy he's happy and both literally and figuratively in a better place now), but he also shares his concerns and all the troubles he finds in his creative process, like this potential change. He lets people know not just his final decisions but the whole reasoning behind those decisions almost in real time, which is incredibly valuable for all his supporters. It creates a real link with him and help everybody to get a better understanding of what's done and why, which leads to a better acceptance of those changes (there'll always be some annoying c***s crticizing harshly, but the vast majority of his supporters will at least understand the reasons even if they don't agree with the final decision or feel a bit let down by it). And I'm sure changing the time between releases won't change that approach regarding communication, simply because after 1'5 years of following him on this adventure, we all see he is just like that.

He's not making the game I'd like him to make, but I do like the way he's doing it. And if a little less pressure for releasing weeklies or bi-weeklies or whatever leads to some improvement in game's storytelling, then I'd be even happier for him ;)

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Just had another thought about the Millie situation, she came to WVM alone, what does her husband know about what's going on? I didn't really think of him before because I was still thinking of her as a single mother, but with her staying with us, what if he turns up and causes trouble?
Like OG said from the way the girls talk he doesn't give a fuck about Millie or them. All Millie's talk about taking Liz and Jamie and going back to him to be a family again sound likes it's little more than a delusional act of desperation to put something back together that's already broken beyond repair and she just to blind to see it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Like OG said from the way the girls talk he doesn't give a fuck about Millie or them. All Millie's talk about taking Liz and Jamie and going back to him to be a family again sound likes it's little more than a delusional act of desperation to put something back together that's already broken beyond repair and she just to blind to see it.
You think a guy who doesn't care about his woman can't nonetheless be pissed if he thinks she might be with someone else? I don't think that's uncommon at all.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
You think a guy who doesn't care about his woman can't nonetheless be pissed if he thinks she might be with someone else? I don't think that's uncommon at all.
Sure he could but his family is where it's at cuz he's a cheater himself so for all we know he doesn't know or care where Millie is cuz he's off somewhere too busy getting his fuck on with his mistress. The way I took Millie's insane ramblings (and the little nuggets of info Liz and jamie have given) he isn't in their lives Millie just believes if she brings the girls home it'll give him incentive to change and come home.

Last edited:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Sure he could but his family is where it's at cuz he's a cheater himself so for all we know he doesn't know or care where Millie is cuz he's off somewhere too busy getting his fuck on with his mistress. The way I took Millie's insane ramblings he isn't in their lives Millie just believes if she brings the girls home it'll give him incentive to change and come home.
Now this sounds like something I would say. Hmmm..... :unsure: :unsure:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
At least they could do something without Patreon getting upset, but lots of folks here believe in MC or NOTHING! LOL
That's actually something I've been a little concerned about, as far as my own likes and sensibilities go. Specifically about Jamie and Shauna. I think I'm still in Day 8 btw. When Tali asked about whether or not Jamie and Shauna ever kiss, the MC said something along the lines of (unless I really misunderstood) "As long as it's just friendly kisses I don't mind."

My first reaction was "EXCUSE ME?!!". Not only am I rooting for them to become sexual together, but I couldn't help but think, "Man, what a selfish ass!". I mean he at least acknowledged that he was a hypocrite for not wanting to see his chicks be with other dudes, but they all felt the same so that was all gravy. That was like winning the lottery of a one-sided poly relationship(s) lol, but everyone felt the same about it so (y)

But Jaime and Shauna are a whole other matter. I want to see that shit be a real triangle. To be in a throuple but insisting that it be and stay all about you. Ugh. I don't know. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting things. Also I literally just woke up so I'm a bit groggy :ROFLMAO:

I feel like there's been some build-up and teasing for them possibly becoming attracted to each other and acting on it though. In a good way, not in a hiding it from the MC way or anything. I'm personally going to be super-disappointed if it never progresses into anything. But, as always, to each their own.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
That's actually something I've been a little concerned about, as far as my own likes and sensibilities go. Specifically about Jamie and Shauna. I think I'm still in Day 8 btw. When Tali asked about whether or not Jamie and Shauna ever kiss, the MC said something along the lines of (unless I really misunderstood) "As long as it's just friendly kisses I don't mind."

My first reaction was "EXCUSE ME?!!". Not only am I rooting for them to become sexual together, but I couldn't help but think, "Man, what a selfish ass!". I mean he at least acknowledged that he was a hypocrite for not wanting to see his chicks be with other dudes, but they all felt the same so that was all gravy. That was like winning the lottery of a one-sided poly relationship(s) lol, but everyone felt the same about it so (y)

But Jaime and Shauna are a whole other matter. I want to see that shit be a real triangle. To be in a throuple but insisting that it be and stay all about you. Ugh. I don't know. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting things. Also I literally just woke up so I'm a bit groggy :ROFLMAO:

I feel like there's been some build-up and teasing for them possibly becoming attracted to each other and acting on it though. In a good way, not in a hiding it from the MC way or anything. I'm personally going to be super-disappointed if it never progresses into anything. But, as always, to each their own.
Astonishing as it sounds, there are some people even in this forum who absolutely hate watching their harem girls going at it with each others :WaitWhat:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
He never said that I think yer thinking of his talk with Bailey where he said he would be a hypocrite getting mad at her for being into Rainn. Which he is only ok with because Rainn's a girl
No I specifically remember him either using the word "hypocrite" or "hypocritical" when referring to himself and not wanting to see them with other guys, and while talking to Jaime I believe. As in "I know it's hypocritical of me, but-" etc. In my replay I'll keep an eye out for it and snap a screen. Though I'll admit that my memory isn't great and I could have misinterpreted what he meant.

But regarding the Bailey thing, I liked that the player was, yet again, given a choice. I'm all for seeing hot lesbian action in the harem! But it was nice that people who don't were given an option. That's going to suck imo if we get a choice like that for Bailey and Rainn but not for Jamie and Shauna.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
No I specifically remember him either using the word "hypocrite" or "hypocritical" when referring to himself and not wanting to see them with other guys, and while talking to Jaime I believe. As in "I know it's hypocritical of me, but-" etc. In my replay I'll keep an eye out for it and snap a screen.

But regarding the Bailey thing, I liked that the player was, yet again, given a choice. I'm all for seeing hot lesbian action in the harem! But it was nice that people who don't were given an option. That's going to suck imo if we get a choice like that for Bailey and Rainn but not for Jamie and Shauna.
Eh I could be misremembering a bit myself I've played through the game so many times working on the guide with Loco that shit blends together after a while especially early game stuff

• Haha
Reactions: RabidSloth

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No I specifically remember him either using the word "hypocrite" or "hypocritical" when referring to himself and not wanting to see them with other guys, and while talking to Jaime I believe. As in "I know it's hypocritical of me, but-" etc. In my replay I'll keep an eye out for it and snap a screen. Though I'll admit that my memory isn't great and I could have misinterpreted what he meant.

I think that was when he talked with Jamie about him sleeping with other girls and she said she only wanted him. He felt hypocritical for thinking that's what he wanted

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
This is the line 1614717877543.png

Tali asked:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the response
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
MC says they do love each other but because English has only one word for love it's difficult to know exactly what love he means.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Astonishing as it sounds, there are some people even in this forum who absolutely hate watching their harem girls going at it with each others :WaitWhat:
I'm a strong advocate of "to each their own", and it applies here too... but man. Personally I have trouble even wrapping my head around that lol. How about he installs a surveillance system in the house too, just in case any of his 57 women "betray" him by getting too playful in the shower together one day? :rolleyes:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020

Pretty sure that was during the pool locker room scene but I might be wrong I will check since I am pretty sure I have a save there somewhere.

Reactions: OfficiallyGames
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes