Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
i have been waiting for along time and i bet others are too we cant wait any longer for this
Good luck with that. I hope you're not planning anything drastic.

Short of that, how are you going to keep from waiting? Induced coma? Cryosleep? If you have time travel capability, it seems a rather trivial reason to travel to the future.

All in all, probably better to distract yourself with another game.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Braindrop is one of the devs who value quality over quantity. There are some devs here who publish without any sense or reason. But those are also the ones where the content of the textboxes looks like a cockatiel nibbled on the keyboard.

Reactions: markel1000

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Braindrop is one of the devs who value quality over quantity. There are some devs here who publish without any sense or reason. But those are also the ones where the content of the textboxes looks like a cockatiel nibbled on the keyboard.
That's um an oddly specific comparison lol. But I can't argue it :)

• Haha
Reactions: MrLKX

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
Q:
Any plans on adding music / other features?

A:
For the longest time I've been a big proponent that music in Visual Novels isn't necessary. Solely for the reason that I think music is so subjective that it makes so much more sense to just play your own.
Come on, that's just stupid. VN games needs music just as any other game. When i was starting with those games it didn't bother me at all but right now every game with no music for me is just unacceptable, especially if dev have big funding. Game with no music just feels low budget and unfinished. I don't wanna be bothered with playing my own. Rockstar could go out and say: why putting songs in GTA radio stations, let players put their own. This feels very cheap and lazy. WVM have it easy cuz there is a music mod but other games dont have that luck.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Come on, that's just stupid. VN games needs music just as any other game. When i was starting with those games it didn't bother me at all but right now every game with no music for me is just unacceptable, especially if dev have big funding. Game with no music just feels low budget and unfinished. I don't wanna be bothered with playing my own. Rockstar could go out and say: why putting songs in GTA radio stations, let players put their own. This feels very cheap and lazy. WVM have it easy cuz there is a music mod but other games dont have that luck.
Wow! So in a few short sentences you called BD stupid, lazy and cheap......that's mildly impressive. Personally I couldn't care less if there are music in a Adult VN, i play my own music when play anyway.

Oh and FYI, compared to AAA titles (you compared with GTA) this IS low budget and game IS unfinished........

Some people...........

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Funding has very little, if anything, to do with it.

It is just not the best use of time, or resources, to try and add soundtracks. I fully agree that background music can make a scene a lot better, but BD is right. Everyone has different tastes in music. No offense to BD or his music preferences (GFunk & 90's rap? Really?) but as a metalhead, those would literally be the last things I would want to have playing.

Because the topic of in-game music has come up in multiple threads here, I know I am not even close to the only person that just automatically mutes the music in these things.

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
so you're saying big money
comparing Rockstar to BD , while it is flattering for BD I would say ... that's not really a fair comparison
Rockstar made a game that sold on release day for 1billion dollars... BD makes what?20k in a month..in a good month?
indeed..the comparison is appropriate..
back to guarding the bridge please.

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
I don't think adding music would hurt the game in any way, but BD is right about it being subjective.
I haven't played a single VN with music that I (personally) actually enjoyed, I end up muting all of them cause they're either the same royalty free loop over and over, or sound so bland there might as well be silence.
If you wanted to fill the length of a VN with enough music that it didn't start to feel terribly repetitive, but also fit the mood of the game, you'd have to collect, or commission a lot of tracks.
I also just happen to prefer silence when I'm reading.
Either way, he could please the crowd that wants music, but IMO that would be something to think about when the game is nearing the end, WVM still has a long way to go.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Thank the holy flying spaghetti monster we had you to come and post and correct us of our ways... I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time when I instantly mute any and all music in the games because I don't want to listen to the dev's idea of what's cool or the same repetitive ear bleed inducing freebies most of games use.

The fact you're even comparing a billion dollar multi-team company to a single person creating something in their free time and making it available for free shows your total failure at any cognitive reasoning and are that you are totally unhindered by any knowledge of the facts.

Personally I love there is no music in WVM, or other even other surprise sound effects. Nothing like having all the renpy sounds set to mute and next thing having a slothering blowjob sound come through at max volume. I would much rather BD spends time on writing/coding or rendering that waist a single second on music.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I think music is the biggest waste of the devs time and effort especially when it includes hours or sorting through royalty-free tunes.

Rockstar can get known songs relatively cheap because of the mass number of players it reaches.

Not messing with music sound is smart not lazy imo.

I love how whenever the topic of music in games comes up you always get people coming out the woodwork to tell us about how they mute games. Like, nobody cares? Do you think that even a single person cares?
Yes, I care, because I mute vns. When some players demand sound it's our duty to let the dev and everyone know it isn't important to us.

These mute posts beat incest and when's the update all day long.

Did I mention I mute vns? Just making sure:p

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes