Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's not relevant because adding music would have zero effect on your gameplay experience. You are literally the people who screech about optional content because the dev is 'wasting his time' on it.
Two things
1. I don't screech, never have
2. I don't have any issue with optional content. Content options are a welcome thing and worthy of the time it takes.

What isn't worth the time: is adding music. That opinion is revelant on the subject: "is music is needed in this vn" discussions.

Music is definitely not needed. There is, however a mod you may use if it's that important to you.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
It's not relevant because adding music would have zero effect on your gameplay experience. You are literally the people who screech about optional content because the dev is 'wasting his time' on it.
Got it, if we disagree we're bad, now can we make like Elsa and let this shit go.

On topic, I think at this point the MC needs to talk to Rachel about a large room sized matress!

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Me: "Oh, a discussion about music in VNs!"
...reading the comments...
Me: :eek:

View attachment 1426230
I am glad you took the time and effort to make your mods to give those that want music to have a way.

I apologize If it sounded like I was dismissive of your mods.
^^ Concur and repeat this. While I won't use them I am glad someone takes the time to make them for those who use them.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
From the perspective of people who don't want the content, or the music, it's valid to wish they didn't bother with it to make the parts you do want better, or come faster. One of the differences between this music discussion, and other times people have complained about optional content is: The Dev asked for people's opinions on it.

The Dev is clearly trying to find out how many people actually care about the music content, so people who don't want him to spend time on it, regardless of their reason, are valid to the discussion. If BrainDrop had just started adding music and people started complaining, it'd be different. If someone had started the discussion with "Hey everybody, just want to say, I think music is a waste of time, and shouldn't be in any of these games" it would be different.

In *my opinion* music isn't necessary in the game. If BD winds up deciding it's good to have, and puts it in, I'm not going to complain, but my opinion is still valid to the question he asked.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
One of the differences between this music discussion, and other times people have complained about optional content is: The Dev asked for people's opinions on it.
No he didn't. People literally are starting the discussion with "Hey everybody, just want to say, I think music is a waste of time, and shouldn't be in any of these games". If he chooses to make a poll on Patreon about it you vote for no music, but he literally did not ask anyone.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
He must be having a hard time nerfing the MC's cock, that's why it takes so long from this update.
That literally isn't the reason. Real life happens and makes certain devs rearrange their schedules.

Thankfully BD always delivers albeit some times it is slower than others (again real life shit happens) but no non-troll can honestly or literally say he ever milked his supporters.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
That literally isn't the reason. Real life happens and makes certain devs rearrange their schedules.

Thankfully BD always delivers albeit some times it is slower than others (again real life shit happens) but no non-troll can honestly or literally say he ever milked his supporters.
It is normal for developers to start their games with all the energy and then lengthen the update times.

Reactions: henry hopkin

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It is normal for developers to start their games with all the energy and then lengthen the update times.
That's human nature imo, not only devs.

If being a dev was a normal job it would have things like sick days, fmla, vacation time off etc. They don't though, so when working solo life's crazy situations still have to be dealt with and make for more noticeable delays.

finalcut315

May 6, 2018
I also mute music most of the time because often the free music used is also used a lot by youtubers and it really takes me out of the experience to be like "I've heard this before". So if he hasn't started doing music I don't see much reason to start now.

now that my 2 cents are in there I just wanted to say the part with tia and jamie was hot as fuck and I hope jamie is more involved in the future like that.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
No he didn't. People literally are starting the discussion with "Hey everybody, just want to say, I think music is a waste of time, and shouldn't be in any of these games". If he chooses to make a poll on Patreon about it you vote for no music, but he literally did not ask anyone.
My apologies, I misread, or misremembered the Mind Drop where he brought it up. He wasn't asking for people's opinion, the Dev shared his opinion that it wasn't necessary - which makes everyone who is sharing that it is also their opinion in support of the Dev's opinion. Still feels valid to me in this case.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
My apologies, I misread, or misremembered the Mind Drop where he brought it up. He wasn't asking for people's opinion, the Dev shared his opinion that it wasn't necessary - which makes everyone who is sharing that it is also their opinion in support of the Dev's opinion. Still feels valid to me in this case.
It doesn't add anything though. It's literally just '+1' posts. If you want to contribute to the discussion about music say something like for example I think music with lyrics is distracting, game music should be instrumental. Something about the merits of each character having a musical piece associated with them vs. music based on the mood and energy of the scene. Just something that actually adds to the conversation!

• Angry
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
While I won't use them I am glad someone takes the time to make them for those who use them.
But that should be the developer responsibility. You can always fix something within a game with mods but doesn't that just shows that there is something wrong with the game if you need mods to fix it? The fact that you don't like music in games and you proudly mute them all the time doesn't mean games don't need it. This should be a dev work to give players a choice, you can mute the music if you dont like it and the others are happy having music in.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes