ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I think Ill wait until there's 1GB update but not play until I'm certain there's another update and when.
The story is too good to take a long pause. Not many games this good out there.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
There are games that are like a blockbuster movie and really benefit from a good soundtrack. Then there are games, like WVM, that wouldn't need more than your random Spotify list - just some carefree background droning.

And that is much more subjective. If a dev can pull that off - great. If he can't, and BD seems to be that latter kind of dev, they really shouldn't do so but stick to what they like and can do. Everyone can just turn on the radio or play their default music - no need for BD to invest his time into finding the same 4 free tracks everyone is using.
Or to actually code a system for adding your music into the game, so we can avoid those infamous free tracks - you would still need to add your own favorite music - why has it to be inside the VN instead of just from your normal source of music?
If BD has no talent for choosing music the majority likes, the result of adding that to the game would be like that day at work where a colleague of mine played mongolian throat singing tracks almost all day ... "WHY!?" :oops:o_O

Just because someone makes a mod for something doesn't necessarily mean that it's something that should have been part of the creative process of the modded product.
I'm using the "Reign of Terror" (Diablo) mod in Grim Dawn sometimes. This just means I like Diablo and would like to have more content in that universe. Neither should Grim Dawn be Diablo, nor should Diablo necessarily play like Grim Dawn. If anything, it means Diablo 4 should be out sooner and better than Diablo 3 was/is.

Like PrimeGuy I had to go back to see what exactly BD wrote.
- If we go on from 'BD just stated what he thinks', and just saying you share his views isn't relevant - how is then telling us that you don't and what type of music you would like or prefer to have relevant? (Based on BD just having told us his personal view on the topic, but not having started a discussion.)

- If we see this as a discussion about music in this VN in general, though, then both are relevant as they show what kind of music people would like to have in it (or not). This might let BD rethink his views if there was a vast majority that wanted music.

- If it had been a discussion about what type of music you like most in VNs or specific story circumstances (this time not related to where it comes from) - then yes, saying 'I mute VN music and listen to my own' doesn't really help anyone. But no one started that kind of discussion.

- And in case we just comment on BDs views of music in WVM - then again both kinds of comments are relevant, because they can give BD an impression of how others views on this topic do match his own - or don't.
Not really fond of music or sound. That's not why we download this game.
We're here for the story and the next update, that's all.
I play all my games mute. It makes no difference .

Jondoen88

Jan 25, 2021
Mmm Sound effects I can see and get behind. Music isn't a bad option (along with a mute option) but you need to be careful to make sure the bgm matches the mood you're going for. Since this is a first person perspective; the bgm should match the mood of our MC and thus be reflective of that.

For instance, I see where music can enchance the feelings you might want out of the story. They should help set the mood and look for ambiance and moods change slowly so having a mix of similar but different is not a bad thing. Motifs and such. Like how Willow's theme in the story will change but also should stay similar in nature.

Depending on HOW it is implimented will fine tune some decisions as you will/should make sure the loop feels good if you plan to loop said music. And that the loop is effectively seemless in terms of ideal working conditions or common working conditions.

Oh and lastly, where music is common, silence becomes a statement. Cutting out the music abuptly is catching.

Or, of course, don't. Perfectly valid option.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
The NOPY link is still 9.5
I just checked, and all the game download links for Windows/Linux and Mac were 9.5.1 (based on the filenames, and this includes the compressed version). The Android links are already labeled as 9.5, so I didn't check them.

The only difference between 9.5 and 9.5.1 are some bugfixes, though, so it might not matter which of the two you're playing.

Reactions: ImperialD

Dedingsda

Oct 31, 2017
Just wondering, the last update I played was 0.9.4.2 and 1800+ render in 0.9.5 sounds like a ton of new content. But it was also released in July? So what's your suggestion, take a look now or wait for the next update that is hopefully coming soon?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Just wondering, the last update I played was 0.9.4.2 and 1800+ render in 0.9.5 sounds like a ton of new content. But it was also released in July? So what's your suggestion, take a look now or wait for the next update that is hopefully coming soon?
Take a look now, next update is most likely 1-2 months away

• Haha
Reactions: henry hopkin

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Now, next update is most likely a few months away plus there's around 3 hours (give or take) of gameplay/content in the 0.9.5 update

Reactions: ImperialD

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Take a look now, next update is most likely 1-2 months away
Now, next update is most likely a few months away plus there's around 3 hours (give or take) of gameplay/content in the 0.9.5 update
Next update will be if every thing runs correct on Braindrops side on the 12. October, but it will be a beta. The next full update is probably pretty far.

Source is my post from the 25.09.2021 with the Mind Drop #31.
First beta - 10/12 (Tier 4) 10/19 (Tier 3) 10/22 (Tiers 1-2)

I decided to play it cautiously and to not jump ahead of myself as I tend to want to do. It took a long time to get to the betas but they will become a common thing.

• Haha
Reactions: henry hopkin

Dedingsda

Oct 31, 2017
Ok thanks a lot guys, I'll have a look now and hope for the next update at the end of the year to sweeten the Christmas season

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
As stated......
But he could probably wait for the Beta. (Don't know if Braindrop plans the beta as a standalone) So he could play the update he is missing + the Beta.

Last edited:

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Well... What can I say... Hopefully either this year or next year, BD could include Halloween theme, along with Thanksgiving themes. Then the X-mas (Christmas) themes. However, that is all up to BD and his project schedule. We just need to give him time to re-adapt his daily schedule. Hopefully he is doing reasonable well since the last update. All I can say we are looking forward for his next update, whenever BD believe the next update is ready to be release.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Well... What can I say... Hopefully either this year or next year, BD could include Halloween theme, along with Thanksgiving themes. Then the X-mas (Christmas) themes. However, that is all up to BD and his project schedule. We just need to give him time to re-adapt his daily schedule. Hopefully he is doing reasonable well since the last update. All I can say we are looking forward for his next update, whenever BD believe the next update is ready to be release.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
or not
hope those things won't be added
those things can be released as specials or whatever after the game is finished

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes