BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Well... What can I say... Hopefully either this year or next year, BD could include Halloween theme, along with Thanksgiving themes. Then the X-mas (Christmas) themes. However, that is all up to BD and his project schedule. We just need to give him time to re-adapt his daily schedule. Hopefully he is doing reasonable well since the last update. All I can say we are looking forward for his next update, whenever BD believe the next update is ready to be release.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
or not
hope those things won't be added
those things can be released as specials or whatever after the game is finished

MasterRan2

Dec 16, 2019
crap... i uninstalled an older version of WVM on my phone cause the 0.9.5 version wasnt able to install. So when i installed the 0.9.5 version, all my save files is gone :'( somehow the persistent save directory is gone too

• Sad
Reactions: Oghmios1337

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Yo!
Gonna keep it simple this week as it's been an insanely busy one for me. So let's get into it.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- Strange but solid week. Ran into a few issues with Daz crashing on specific scenes constantly and some other random annoying stuff but it is what it is.

- Last week I mentioned my feelings on adding music to WVM. Which upset a few people so I just wanted to quickly clarify I was only talking about my specific situation with WVM. Of course there are games that absolutely kill it with its music and that's awesome. I just don't have the skill or the interest in learning the skill to make it a worthwhile time investment.
Renders made this prior week:
New - 73 renders and 1 animation
Week 1 redo - 65 renders and 0.5 animations
Renders per day - 19.7
(Coming just shy of the goal but I'm still happy with it because I did run into issues and I was more focused on script work this week.)

Personal related stuff:

- Not a very interesting week, just a busy one. So nothing to really share.

Upcoming Content:

Birthday renders for Willow - (Soon after this post) Yellow - (October 5th) (Tiers 1-4, Discord only)

5 renders for Willow and 2 renders for Yellow.

Monthly render set - (Later tonight) (Tiers 2-4)

Had issues with some of the renders from the prior month's set. So it is coming out tonight and the poll for this month's will be sometime next week. As always feel free to send me suggestions on what you'd like to see as options.

Rachael client poll - 10/05 (Tiers 1-4)

So, we're working with a Norwegian black metal band's frontwoman. I've already started making her but she won't be ready for this week's poll so we'll start with polling her overall personality.

First beta - 10/12 (Tier 4) 10/19 (Tier 3) 10/22 (Tiers 1-2)

200-ish renders. Starting small but betas will be a common thing.

Random previous Birthday render:

I feel bad sometimes for not showing more content / renders. But I hate potentially spoiling things at the same time. So just to flare these up a bit I may incorporate some previous bday renders from time to time.
(Bday renders are just simple images of that specific character that usually incorporates some theme that goes along with the person.)

That's all for this week. I'm gonna go get back to work.
As always, thank you all so much for everything.
Love you guys <3

Poll of the week:

Something I've been wondering about is how people feel about renaming characters in these types of games. Do you prefer when there's an option for each character or would you like all names to be set already? Or something in between?

(Poll will not decide anything on how I handle naming characters in WVM. I'm just curious on how people feel about it.)

No nameable characters (All default)

MC only -Winning by a large margin!

Main characters only

All characters

Hinomura

Jul 27, 2020
Thanks Bob69_ for sharing BD's Mind Drop, always appreciated. :)

Regarding the poll, I prefer renaming MC only, trusting there's always a reason behind another character's name so don't really feel the need to change it, besides it's more convenient when using walkthroughs :whistle:
However, always appreciate when it's possible to change little names used between MC and another character : trying to avoid getting back to the "Bruhbruhgate" but I think it will fail cause...internet forums... :p

PS : I'm fine with it :whistle:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Yo!
Gonna keep it simple this week as it's been an insanely busy one for me. So let's get into it.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- Strange but solid week. Ran into a few issues with Daz crashing on specific scenes constantly and some other random annoying stuff but it is what it is.

- Last week I mentioned my feelings on adding music to WVM. Which upset a few people so I just wanted to quickly clarify I was only talking about my specific situation with WVM. Of course there are games that absolutely kill it with its music and that's awesome. I just don't have the skill or the interest in learning the skill to make it a worthwhile time investment.
Renders made this prior week:
New - 73 renders and 1 animation
Week 1 redo - 65 renders and 0.5 animations
Renders per day - 19.7
(Coming just shy of the goal but I'm still happy with it because I did run into issues and I was more focused on script work this week.)

Personal related stuff:

- Not a very interesting week, just a busy one. So nothing to really share.

Upcoming Content:

Birthday renders for Willow - (Soon after this post) Yellow - (October 5th) (Tiers 1-4, Discord only)

5 renders for Willow and 2 renders for Yellow.

Monthly render set - (Later tonight) (Tiers 2-4)

Had issues with some of the renders from the prior month's set. So it is coming out tonight and the poll for this month's will be sometime next week. As always feel free to send me suggestions on what you'd like to see as options.

Rachael client poll - 10/05 (Tiers 1-4)

So, we're working with a Norwegian black metal band's frontwoman. I've already started making her but she won't be ready for this week's poll so we'll start with polling her overall personality.

First beta - 10/12 (Tier 4) 10/19 (Tier 3) 10/22 (Tiers 1-2)

200-ish renders. Starting small but betas will be a common thing.

Random previous Birthday render:

I feel bad sometimes for not showing more content / renders. But I hate potentially spoiling things at the same time. So just to flare these up a bit I may incorporate some previous bday renders from time to time.
(Bday renders are just simple images of that specific character that usually incorporates some theme that goes along with the person.)

That's all for this week. I'm gonna go get back to work.
As always, thank you all so much for everything.
Love you guys <3

Poll of the week:

Something I've been wondering about is how people feel about renaming characters in these types of games. Do you prefer when there's an option for each character or would you like all names to be set already? Or something in between?

(Poll will not decide anything on how I handle naming characters in WVM. I'm just curious on how people feel about it.)

No nameable characters (All default)

MC only -Winning by a large margin!

Main characters only

All characters
Thank you for sharing that here Bob69_ so good seeing Carly.

As for the question bd posed, I have to be able to change the mc name. Point blank. Unless it's a female protag.

I definitely love the ability to change LIs names but it's not necessary. I just enjoy that amount of customization. Yet it's not a must like mc's name change.

Best wishes bd and ty for this awesome vn

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Thank you for sharing that here Bob69_ so good seeing Carly.

As for the question bd posed, I have to be able to change the mc name. Point blank. Unless it's a female protag.

I definitely love the ability to change LIs names but it's not necessary. I just enjoy that amount of customization. Yet it's not a must like mc's name change.

Best wishes bd and ty for this awesome vn
100% Agree.. renaming male mc is not negotiable imo.

I like the option to rename the female LI's but generally don't unless they have names I really dislike. The downside to renaming LI's is the confusion it causes when discussing them.

Oct 22, 2017
There are games out there that don't allow for renaming and that I enjoy immensely. When given the choice, though, I always rename at least the MC.
It's not even an immersion thing, but some games (a long time ago ^^) that had just hideous names for the MC/girls.
Now it's kind of a self conditioning.

Obviously having a choice gets more difficult the more characters you have in a game - so something like renaming the girls in WVM is something I wouldn't like - either you would have to rename them all, being real work and making going back to default names for discussions a real issue, or you would only do so for some of them and straight run into the issue below.

There are big problems with renaming only part of the names used in a game: the names of everyone you can't rename.

- The obvious one is another character having the same name as the MC or one of his/her girls only much later into the game.
- Another after playing a - I think - Spanish game was, though, that everyone else had distinctly Spanish names.
Nothing against a game that is not located in an English-speaking country - but with most games being exactly that and no notice this game wasn't, it was quite strange. Doesn't mean the renaming option wasn't needed, but a little heads-up would have been appreciated.

Restarting a game just to fix naming issues feels especially unnecessary and tiresome. In case this occurs multiple times, even more so. As a last resort, I would even vote for the inevitable choice validation to check your input against all non-customizable names used. Of course, that would at best require the dev in question to already know all used characters at the beginning.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes