Effinpist

May 10, 2018
Been a supporter on his Patreon since the beginning, and I am trying really hard to sympathize with his mental issues, but my life threw much worse at me than what he is dealing with, and I didn't curl up in the fetal position and fall into a deep depression. I lost my father, mother and grandmother in a span of 7 months, then my wife had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, then she tried to murder me in my sleep because the voices in her head told her she wouldn't be sick anymore if I was dead. After the second murder attempt, we divorced and the judge gave her the house that I had busted my ass working 2 jobs to pay for, and I had to leave the state because of death threats from her family. Fast forward 2 months and my oldest sister dies of cancer. Yet I still got up every day and went to work and did what I needed to do to survive and move forward. If BD keeps this up, he will be in the same boat as my ex-wife, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Maybe it's a generational thing, it seems that the newer generations have been coddled so much that they can't handle when life gets shitty. It's sad to see. As far as this DITLO is concerned, why even release it if you're going to have it censored? I mean what the hell is up with that. Your supporters have stuck with you for the most part ( I'm sure some have bailed ) but instead of rewarding those who have stayed, you put out mediocre content and censor it. I want to defend him for what he's doing, but it's getting harder and harder to do. I hope he toughens up and pulls himself out of this funk he's in, his patreons have made him a nice amount of money, and to do this to them is just not right.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Been a supporter on his Patreon since the beginning, and I am trying really hard to sympathize with his mental issues, but my life threw much worse at me than what he is dealing with, and I didn't curl up in the fetal position and fall into a deep depression. I lost my father, mother and grandmother in a span of 7 months, then my wife had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, then she tried to murder me in my sleep because the voices in her head told her she wouldn't be sick anymore if I was dead. After the second murder attempt, we divorced and the judge gave her the house that I had busted my ass working 2 jobs to pay for, and I had to leave the state because of death threats from her family. Fast forward 2 months and my oldest sister dies of cancer. Yet I still got up every day and went to work and did what I needed to do to survive and move forward. If BD keeps this up, he will be in the same boat as my ex-wife, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Maybe it's a generational thing, it seems that the newer generations have been coddled so much that they can't handle when life gets shitty. It's sad to see. As far as this DITLO is concerned, why even release it if you're going to have it censored? I mean what the hell is up with that. Your supporters have stuck with you for the most part ( I'm sure some have bailed ) but instead of rewarding those who have stayed, you put out mediocre content and censor it. I want to defend him for what he's doing, but it's getting harder and harder to do. I hope he toughens up and pulls himself out of this funk he's in, his patreons have made him a nice amount of money, and to do this to them is just not right.
Yeah, well, I once stood on some LEGO ....... BARE FOOT.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
That's true, but you wonder about it. You may think about it, but you don't say it directly to your own child. Like what the actual fuck?

There are so many ways to make it work if you wanted to create a scene in which Natalie learns about it. In my opinion, it was just badly written.

It feels even stranger because Natalie reaction it's on the level of saying something similar to a partner or a friend.

" Oh, I was just thinking about how different my life could have been without you "
" You are stuck with me now haha "

This does feel more like a joke said between friends than anything else. You can add all the " Your mother is a failure " or " I wouldn't change anything " stuff, but it still doesn't make sense as an interaction. Hell, right after that you just start talking about boys? Hello? What the actual fuck is this?
Ok...just started this and have the context.

Don't know why everyone is griping about "Harper shouldn't have said that to Nat. No Parent should ever say that to their kid" or "Nat should not have been so understanding". Harper was apologizing to her daughter for having that thought in the first place. She wasn't saying she wished Nat was never born, she was saying she felt guilty for imagining the possibility and asking for forgiveness. Ive actually had almost this exact discussion with my parents before...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This scene makes total sense and Nat's reaction is completely understandable.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
It wasn't harsh enough.

People got hurt because of Damien, he should have had the shit kicked out of him.

I don't think that would help BD much but a remaster would pretty much kill the game or at least severely hurt it.

People here, me included, have a severe hatred for remasters. They halt content and very rarely improve the game, also usually lead to games being abandoned.

If a dev wants to remaster their game then do it AFTER it's complete when it doesn't piss on your playerbase.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I am okay with that! But How do you figure?
Only people Damien hurt was MC, Jasmine and the Team by his betrayal.
It was Ryker & his goons who did the beating the first guy unconscious; then the beating of MC.
- They would have done Far worse If Wendy had not intervened.

As far as Remastering goes, what difference does it make?
The Game HAS Basically been "On Hold" for over a year; with little or No progress.
Look how long it took for version 10 to be released.
- I am Only suggesting a Remastered version, or a Re-make from scratch, to get Him Back to work.
I am actually surprised that WVM has Not been Abandoned already...

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Ok...just started this and have the context.

Don't know why everyone is griping about "Harper shouldn't have said that to Nat. No Parent should ever say that to their kid" or "Nat should not have been so understanding". Harper was apologizing to her daughter for having that thought in the first place. She wasn't saying she wished Nat was never born, she was saying she felt guilty for imagining the possibility and asking for forgiveness. Ive actually had almost this exact discussion with my parents before...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This scene makes total sense and Nat's reaction is completely understandable.
Just the issue of phrasing really. If Harper had said she was daydreaming about not having dropped out of college and how much easier they'd have it, then that would be both honest and empathetic. To focus on not having Nat instead of a different life path that would still include Nat paints Harper in a very different light.

Reactions: grim019

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You are entitled to your opinion, and I am okay with that! But How do you figure?
Only people Damien hurt was MC, Jasmine and the Team by his betrayal.
It was Ryker & his goons who did the beating the first guy unconscious; then the beating of MC.
- They would have done Far worse If Wendy had not intervened.
They wouldn't have had any information if not for Damien.

He is just as responsible for all that as Ryker is.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
I know this won't be a popular opinion around here, but why not just stop? It is obvious Braindrop's heart isn't in it anymore, and it seems to be causing him a lot of mental issues. Maybe in the beginning, WVM was a welcome distraction from whatever was going on in Braindrop's life, but clearly not anymore. According to the last couple of years of BDs posts, WVM has become the albatross around his neck.

Honestly, as much fun as I have had playing WVM as a bit of mindless escapism, I think it's time for Braindrop to just stop. Focus on his family and his day job (or get one).

Also, as an aside, this kind of release is really counterproductive. For those of us that love Harper as a character, it's kind of an insult. More than kind of. Put it in the story, release it, or forget about it. I haven't played it, but censorship? At this point, I think BD has trolled us all enough. Don't put in the scene if you feel it should be censored, give me a break.
This is his job and I doubt he would turn down all that Patreon money... I'm sure he has some more excuses left.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
This game went from one of the most hyped games around to literally driving itself off a cliff so quickly. BD is now banning Patrons when they ask critical questions? Not good. This thread, at least in the early days, was always an echo chamber of praise for BD. But if he is at the point where he can't deal with valid critiques, this game is doomed.
Where I come from we have an idiom that roughly translates as: the tune makes the music.

As with many idioms, it's hard to translate because they're very figurative, but I think here it's relatively simple: how your criticism is reacted to depends on the tone you set. I don't know the original wording the user used, but if it's similar to what was implied in another thread, then even if I think it's an impulsive short-circuit action on BD's part, I have at least some understanding.

I have no idea if BD is currently in a similar scenario as Mr. Burns was when he lost his nuclear power plant, and I don't know the exact wording so I can't form a definitive opinion on the situation, so I think it's wise to wait and see what will happen with the minor updates now.

I have already expressed my criticism of the Harper story. I think "would" instead of "could" would have been a better alternative in the most criticized sentence, the funny censoring of Harper could have been achieved by camera angles, towels and the like and the story could have been placed either before MC's arrival, before the first meeting of MC and Harper or before they had a more intense trust relationship, of course with slightly different dialogues.

What bothers me most about the Damien thing is that he continued to do the jumping jacks for Ryker despite his scruples, even though the Ryker ship was already capsized and sinking. There was enough evidence against Ryker so that the treatment of Damien's mother was no longer secured by Ryker's money. If he had helped MC, he probably would have still been kicked off the team and Jasmine would never want to see him again, but I think MC would have volunteered him with his contacts and it would have given him more redeeming qualities. But well, humans are absolutely imperfect beings.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
My issue of it is that for whatever reason, Harper is having a mental breakdown or midlife crisis. I think it correlates with what BrainDrop is going through at the moment. I believe it's drama that doesn't need to be there.

Whether she felt that way, it felt out of character for her to blurt out that I was just thinking about never having you. Natalie response is so accepting, and I call BS on that. I am surprise Natalie didn't storm out with that comment. So, it does come off as being unrealistic to me.
That is you, you are not Natalie. Natalie is able to relate to her mother and realizes that her mom has sacrificed so much for her. All of that is piled on to her mom going through a terrible couple of months. She doesn't take offence that her mom took a moment to dream what her life could have been. Natalie knows the truth that Harper truly loves her and doesn't judge her for a momentary blip. Natalie has something you lack: empathy.

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
Pleasing WVM fans has never been a complicated job, we're not here for a complex and impactful story, we just want to see the mc fuck all the girls that pass in front of him and have him create a cult. He just needed to do what he did in the last update, girls walking into the mc's room and he having sex with then and having a good time with the girls.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is his job and I doubt he would turn down all that Patreon money... I'm sure he has some more excuses left.
Yeah well. If I did employ someone and they didn't do turn out anything worth the while in a year. You can bet your ass I would fire them. :ROFLMAO: There is plenty of creators on Patreon that make lewd games that have little else than beer and pizza money. Looking at it as a job is wrong.. Hobby with benefits? Sure..

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Meh, I'd break up with everyone just to have Rachel as my main girl in a heart bit.
I don't know. I like Rachael and she is sexy as Hell, but she isn't my favorite.
IF I were to dump everyone for One/two people. I would pick Harper & Natalie. (package deal)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Meh... Depressed, yes. Mean and hateful NO. I guess we can agree to disagree.
She didn't say it in a mean and hateful way though, she was just imagining what her life had been like if she'd gone a different way.

She won't be the only parent, or person in general, to wonder what life had been like if they had taken different choices.

• Haha
Reactions: Asmodeus34

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
That would be no, nope, nah, negative and not yet on the first post and HELL NO, why would you even want that for the second. :D
Well, in my (Head)case, the whole Jaime thing is her repressing her rage over MC's relationship with Shauna and eventually she snaps and kills shauna. Mc comes home finds Shauna's head in a pot on the stove and Jaime on the floor in the living room , arms wrapped around her knees, rocking back and forth and singing i'm a little teapot. (Don't take this seriously. I'm just having fun. You may return to the dumpster fire that this thread has become after this brief interlude)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes