razardkun

Jan 5, 2022
Yeah ,this situation is a little sad,but this game is so good.All we can do, is hope for the dev find the way to do good work like him used to do in the old days.It would be a loss if this game ends. :cry:

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah ,this situation is a little sad,but this game is so good.All we can do, is hope for the dev find the way to do good work like him used to do in the old days.It would be a loss if this game ends. :cry:
bruh good shows and books dont get continued all the time and this is only an avn
those patreons need to hold him accountable or pull out the money straight up or keep getting these one pagers why it got delayed, life goes on whether this game gets abandoned or not

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
bruh good shows and books dont get continued all the time and this is only an avn
those patreons need to hold him accountable or pull out the money straight up or keep getting these one pagers why it got delayed, life goes on whether this game gets abandoned or not
It's bizarre how many people defend him now and it makes me wonder if any of them are sock accounts. That level of copium can't be real without causing liver damage.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I mean, all this apologizing is nice and all if its wasn't the 50th time we are hearing the same old "i fucked up..... for having a mental condition", "I screwed up ..... By becoming a parent", "i am responsible....... For you not liking what i did with the game"

Its like an illusion of "taking" responsibility all the while pushing it on the users. DO NOT MENTION ALL THAT and vye for sympathy so that your patreons wont cancel thier pledges, it may sound cynical but this is the truth in BD's case coz it's the same old tried and true excuses that its not even original anymore. Now he will guilt his patreons into staying, i was on this thread since 2019 and i was a patreon for 2 and half years iirc.i gave him the benifit of doubt initially and withdrew after i realised what he has become. And all the new guilble ppl will fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME :confused::confused::confused:

I told you personally before now im telling you again - Stop trying to please everyone. Thats your biggest time waster.

And ppl who are enabling him and fighting and muting our patreons in discord are the main reason he is still acting the way he is. All those "hugs and bounces" are counter productive if you want him to actually work. A "hug box" is the most useless thing and does nothing but enable the same behaviour and lack of change.

If he gets back on schedule and becomes consistent again (im not holding my breath for it) then maybe most of the old users will comeback again, but as many ppl have said before without adding 30 more LI and actually concentrating on building the personalities of the existing once rather than "every man in this universe is either gay or is married" (i dont want LIs sleeping around, but i dont want every woman you come across in game to sleep with MC as if he is the only man on earth).

As for his patreon, most of them will always be there to enable him coz they "feel bad" for the nth time a new "minddrop" is posted :cautious::cautious::cautious:
Also other devs suffer for what he is doing they trust dev less and less, and devs struggle to get support. even on the game i code and animate in, the writer/artist had covid 2 times i had the flu 2 times in a row we still managed to get a update out even know it was a little delayed, but what Braindrops does is insane and will hurt others in the long run.

Last edited:

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
We have decided that we will release a decently large update on November 19th.
This did cause us to lose some time on development but we still fully intend to have the release out on the 19th.
Let's start with the release date.

HoF/MVP tier: January 26th 2PM EST
All Star: January 26th 6PM EST
Starter: January 26th 10PM EST
Sixth Man: January 27th 10AM EST
Bench Warmer: January 27th 2PM EST
Fan: January 27th 6PM EST
Former Patrons: January 27th 10PM EST
(1/25/2023) I am replacing and implementing this now and this will delay the update by probably a week.

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST
Former Patrons - 12am EST (02/24)

This date will not move again. Any further delays will result in pausing pledges until the update is released.
When did November 19th become the same as February 23rd:ROFLMAO:? MilkDrop has missed well over 75% of his release dates over the past year. These Mind Drops say the same shit over and over again. "Here's a release date, sorry for missing the last one". Dude made $45k since the update was initially supposed to be released 3 months ago... Dude made more money in 3 months than some people make in a year. Where can I find a job that I can sit around spinning in my chair laughing at people throwing money at me like I'm the messiah?

Here's my resume:
  • Will give a release date and miss it by months.
  • Will say sorry about missing it... My mailmans uncles dog got hit by a car, I was distraught!
  • Here's another release date, I promise it will be released then.
  • I like money!

BD:

Last edited:

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Also other devs suffer for what he is doing they trust dev less and less, and devs struggle to get support. even on the game i code and animate in, the writer/artist had covid 2 times i had the flu 2 times in a row we still managed to get a update out even know it was a little delayed, but what Braindrops does is insane and will hurt others in the long run.
This can go either way. I switched my sub to the X-Change dev, who posts updates regularly, content included. I think as long as you establish a reputation of consistency you will be safe from the milker dev negativity. Well, I hope so anyway.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
It's bizarre how many people defend him now and it makes me wonder if any of them are sock accounts. That level of copium can't be real without causing liver damage.
I've thought the same, especially some of the created in 2022 accounts that have been very prolific (hundreds or thousands of posts) in his defense in a common way (same language, etc.).

Reactions: hawk784563

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
It's great to see Braindrop acknowledge how horrible the situation is, but it won't mean anything if he delays this update after saying it. If he releases the update this time and manages to release a few consistent updates in the months following it, then it'd be meaningful.

At this point the update will be a let down no matter what. Even if this is his best update yet, the quantity and quality will seem insignificant in comparison to the amount of time it has taken to be released. The best situation is that Braindrop releases this update and immediately makes plans to get another one released by late-summer or early-fall. If he can do at least that, I feel like he could at least earn some trust back.

Expectations are low, hopefully I'll be surprised.

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
His words just don't ring as true when he's using the same excuses and hand waving that they've done since at least the first Mackenzie post or whatever.
Let's be honest. As far as the update schedule has gone... it's been awful. I know it, you know it, Braindrop knows it.
That goes for game updates as well as side content.
That was from back in August.

And also, having like seven different release times on the same day is beyond crazy lol.

Reactions: Fragmandk

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST
Former Patrons - 12am EST (02/24)

This date will not move again. Any further delays will result in pausing pledges until the update is released.

I'm not trying to play the victim here. I am the bad guy in this situation and I have a long way to go to prove I'm a dev worthy of the support he receives.
My actions have led to a lot of frustration and anger and I understand that and I agree that I have not done nearly enough to warrant the continued support.
It is not fair for me to keep giving out time frames and expectations and continuously failing to deliver on any of them.
My actions were not to trick or deceive.
But good intentions are far from enough. The reality is that I have not been a man of my word for a long time.
My goals were way too ambitious, I consistently found myself working from behind because I think I can achieve more than I can.

I hid behind becoming a husband and a father, I hid behind having to move multiple times, I hid behind the deaths of people I love, and I hid behind just about anything I could. I am not proud of this.
While these were all huge life events, I used them to excuse myself from the responsibility I hold as a developer who is actively taking pledges.
I appreciate everyone who has been holding me accountable.
I've put a ton of work into the game, a lot of work that you guys will never see because of how many times I've remade certain scenes. I used this fact to justify myself but things have gone on for way too long.

I'm just a young man trying to make the most fun game he can.
I've gone through a lot of changes in my life as of late and working on the game to distract myself or just to dump myself into has been a huge blessing but it's also been a curse.
While the update has no tie ins to my real life, I used working on the game to get away from real life for a bit. Things and feelings that are hard to say goodbye to.
On top of that I did a lot of new things and techniques for this update and I've second guessed myself every step of the way.

I have a responsibility to deliver something for you guys and I've routinely failed at doing so.
I may have gone through a lot and my life may have gone through many changes but none of it excuses me taking this long.
And just working on the game isn't enough. The work doesn't mean anything if it never gets seen.
I have to do better and I'm very sorry that it's taken me this long to see past myself.

My mental is pretty fucked. Being the bad guy isn't fun, I don't want to be this.
Having people I respect call me a scammer and milker, having people I've known for 3 years turn on me and ridicule me. Reading many comments everyday about how horrible of a person I am.
I'm scared of this update. I'm scared I took this much time to make something that isn't very good and that's the scariest fucking thing.
I've dealt with imposter syndrome for the entirety of making WVM and I've never felt it to this degree.
Trying to deliver something good quickly has really fucked me.
It sucks having so many people yell at you when you feel like you're trying to do the right thing but also agreeing with the criticism.
My brain has been pulling me in 80 different ways for a long fucking time and I feel pretty out of it from it.

I fully understand why everyone is so frustrated. It's one thing for me to need as much time as I have, but it's another when I constantly give expectations of a release soon only to then go behind on that.
It's reached a point where I have to just shut my brain off and let it be whatever it's going to be.
No more hiding, you guys deserve better.

I'm pretty ashamed of my recent past but there's no changing it now. I can only control the future and we have a plan.
I appreciate everyone who has stuck with me and I apologize for everyone I've lost. I never meant to deceive or trick anyone. I've urged anyone that didn't believe in the process I've been on to unpledge and so far they would have made the right decision.

Things from this moment will be different.
I've been through a lot and I decided to hide behind everything I could fit behind and I'm sorry for doing so. I'm too old for that now. Things have to and will change. I will grow and be better from all of this.
All I can do is ask for the opportunity to show that things can change. I'm only human.

I'll be around for our announcement post after the update and then Mackenzie will run the patreon and SS solo for a while as I focus on building momentum.
All I want to do is make a fun game, but I need to accept the responsibility I have.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see you around.
-Braindrop
At least he admitted it but after doing it, Right back to the excuses trying to garner sympathy while
he been making bank missing multiple release dates. Fuck out of here bruh.

I will believe it when I see it, but it still don't change the fact this man is a:

Oct 22, 2017
It's great to see Braindrop acknowledge how horrible the situation is, but it won't mean anything if he delays this update after saying it. If he releases the update this time and manages to release a few consistent updates in the months following it, then it'd be meaningful.

At this point the update will be a let down no matter what. Even if this is his best update yet, the quantity and quality will seem insignificant in comparison to the amount of time it has taken to be released. The best situation is that Braindrop releases this update and immediately makes plans to get another one released by late-summer or early-fall. If he can do at least that, I feel like he could at least earn some trust back.

Expectations are low, hopefully I'll be surprised.
That's the thing - one met deadline means nothing, I'll maybe trust him after a hand full of consecutive met deadlines. This means in ~1-1.5 years. IF then there is actually any game left between the number of LIs, their duckfaces, and their asses. Even in the picture from the mind drop each ass cheek was the same size as Jaime's head ...

And your second point is something I'm saying for like two years now even when I was still a Patron. With the time invested, the numbers announced, him mentioning he wanted to get everything perfect, people clinging to '2k renders', ... - regardless of whatever he releases - unless it is like a 6k mega-update consisting of the best renders ever seen and a story making Shakespeare blush - it will fall short.
Like you say - the best course would be to get it out of the way and deliver some more smaller updates quickly to build pace and a constant stream of proof. Not exactly like, but similar to, when he started out.

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017
That's the thing - one met deadline means nothing, I'll maybe trust him after a hand full of consecutive met deadlines. This means in ~1-1.5 years. IF then there is actually any game left between the number of LIs, their duckfaces, and their asses. Even in the picture from the mind drop each ass cheek was the same size as Jaime's head ...
Yeah i thought Jamie looked bigger, and it doesn't look good at all, that and he keeps in the duckfaces, so fucking weird

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
At least he admitted it but after doing it, Right back to the excuses trying to garner sympathy while
he been making bank missing multiple release dates. Fuck out of here bruh.

I will believe it when I see it, but it still don't change the fact this man is a:
Developer epiphanies are faker than a high C from Bad Bunny

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
I mean, all this apologizing is nice and all if its wasn't the 50th time we are hearing the same old "i fucked up..... for having a mental condition", "I screwed up ..... By becoming a parent", "i am responsible....... For you not liking what i did with the game"
This isn't being hammered on enough, BD is trying to do some passive aggressive shit trying to garner sympathy while trying to make you feel bad if you question any reason for any of the countless delays that have taken place.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
It's cool that braindrop finally acknowledges his behavior and apologized, but until we actually see it with actions and not words it doesn't mean much. If he starts releasing updates on time from now on and they are actually good then I will be willing to accept it and start taking WVM and braindrop seriously again. Anyways best of luck and I'm really hoping it's not just talk and we actually see some change.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
His words just don't ring as true when he's using the same excuses and hand waving that they've done since at least the first Mackenzie post or whatever.
Let's be honest, the tell that Mackenzie isn't real is that a real second person would have resigned this position by now. She was brought in to prevent this from happening and has had no effect on it whatsoever. Mackenzie has added absolutely nothing of consequence to the equation - now we just have two people lying about what is going on.

3.70 star(s) 633 Votes