February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST
Former Patrons - 12am EST (02/24)

This date will not move again. Any further delays will result in pausing pledges until the update is released.

I'm not trying to play the victim here. I am the bad guy in this situation and I have a long way to go to prove I'm a dev worthy of the support he receives.
My actions have led to a lot of frustration and anger and I understand that and I agree that I have not done nearly enough to warrant the continued support.
It is not fair for me to keep giving out time frames and expectations and continuously failing to deliver on any of them.
My actions were not to trick or deceive.
But good intentions are far from enough. The reality is that I have not been a man of my word for a long time.
My goals were way too ambitious, I consistently found myself working from behind because I think I can achieve more than I can.

I hid behind becoming a husband and a father, I hid behind having to move multiple times, I hid behind the deaths of people I love, and I hid behind just about anything I could. I am not proud of this.
While these were all huge life events, I used them to excuse myself from the responsibility I hold as a developer who is actively taking pledges.
I appreciate everyone who has been holding me accountable.
I've put a ton of work into the game, a lot of work that you guys will never see because of how many times I've remade certain scenes. I used this fact to justify myself but things have gone on for way too long.

I'm just a young man trying to make the most fun game he can.
I've gone through a lot of changes in my life as of late and working on the game to distract myself or just to dump myself into has been a huge blessing but it's also been a curse.
While the update has no tie ins to my real life, I used working on the game to get away from real life for a bit. Things and feelings that are hard to say goodbye to.
On top of that I did a lot of new things and techniques for this update and I've second guessed myself every step of the way.

I have a responsibility to deliver something for you guys and I've routinely failed at doing so.
I may have gone through a lot and my life may have gone through many changes but none of it excuses me taking this long.
And just working on the game isn't enough. The work doesn't mean anything if it never gets seen.
I have to do better and I'm very sorry that it's taken me this long to see past myself.

My mental is pretty fucked. Being the bad guy isn't fun, I don't want to be this.
Having people I respect call me a scammer and milker, having people I've known for 3 years turn on me and ridicule me. Reading many comments everyday about how horrible of a person I am.
I'm scared of this update. I'm scared I took this much time to make something that isn't very good and that's the scariest fucking thing.
I've dealt with imposter syndrome for the entirety of making WVM and I've never felt it to this degree.
Trying to deliver something good quickly has really fucked me.
It sucks having so many people yell at you when you feel like you're trying to do the right thing but also agreeing with the criticism.
My brain has been pulling me in 80 different ways for a long fucking time and I feel pretty out of it from it.

I fully understand why everyone is so frustrated. It's one thing for me to need as much time as I have, but it's another when I constantly give expectations of a release soon only to then go behind on that.
It's reached a point where I have to just shut my brain off and let it be whatever it's going to be.
No more hiding, you guys deserve better.

I'm pretty ashamed of my recent past but there's no changing it now. I can only control the future and we have a plan.
I appreciate everyone who has stuck with me and I apologize for everyone I've lost. I never meant to deceive or trick anyone. I've urged anyone that didn't believe in the process I've been on to unpledge and so far they would have made the right decision.

Things from this moment will be different.
I've been through a lot and I decided to hide behind everything I could fit behind and I'm sorry for doing so. I'm too old for that now. Things have to and will change. I will grow and be better from all of this.
All I can do is ask for the opportunity to show that things can change. I'm only human.

I'll be around for our announcement post after the update and then Mackenzie will run the patreon and SS solo for a while as I focus on building momentum.
All I want to do is make a fun game, but I need to accept the responsibility I have.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see you around.
-Braindrop
He will never change its to easy money for him and people do not seem to leave and he is still making bank each month

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Seekeros

Dec 20, 2022
he should just focus on the right things, no one plays this game cause we want to play basketball, don't get me wrong, it's a nice theme and all but that's all it should be, a theme.there's no point in wasting so much time for an exhibition basketball game in which MC isn't even playing "as far as we know".

what I'm saying is just get to the point where we fuck harper and belle and veronica and vanessa pls I'm dying :cautious:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST

This date will not move again. Any further delays will result in pausing pledges until the update is released.

I'm not trying to play the victim here. I am the bad guy in this situation and I have a long way to go to prove I'm a dev worthy of the support he receives.
My actions have led to a lot of frustration and anger and I understand that and I agree that I have not done nearly enough to warrant the continued support.
It is not fair for me to keep giving out time frames and expectations and continuously failing to deliver on any of them.
But good intentions are far from enough. The reality is that I have not been a man of my word for a long time.
My goals were way too ambitious, I consistently found myself working from behind because I think I can achieve more than I can.

I hid behind becoming a husband and a father, I hid behind having to move multiple times, I hid behind the deaths of people I love, and I hid behind just about anything I could. I am not proud of this.
While these were all huge life events, I used them to excuse myself from the responsibility I hold as a developer who is actively taking pledges.
I've put a ton of work into the game, a lot of work that you guys will never see because of how many times I've remade certain scenes. I used this fact to justify myself but things have gone on for way too long.

I've gone through a lot of changes in my life as of late and working on the game to distract myself or just to dump myself into has been a huge blessing but it's also been a curse.
While the update has no tie ins to my real life, I used working on the game to get away from real life for a bit. Things and feelings that are hard to say goodbye to.
On top of that I did a lot of new things and techniques for this update and I've second guessed myself every step of the way.

I have a responsibility to deliver something for you guys and I've routinely failed at doing so.
I may have gone through a lot and my life may have gone through many changes but none of it excuses me taking this long.
And just working on the game isn't enough. The work doesn't mean anything if it never gets seen.
I have to do better and I'm very sorry that it's taken me this long to see past myself.

My mental is pretty fucked. Being the bad guy isn't fun, I don't want to be this.
Having people I respect call me a scammer and milker, having people I've known for 3 years turn on me and ridicule me. Reading many comments everyday about how horrible of a person I am.
I'm scared of this update. I'm scared I took this much time to make something that isn't very good and that's the scariest fucking thing.
I've dealt with imposter syndrome for the entirety of making WVM and I've never felt it to this degree.
It sucks having so many people yell at you when you feel like you're trying to do the right thing but also agreeing with the criticism.
My brain has been pulling me in 80 different ways for a long fucking time and I feel pretty out of it from it.

I fully understand why everyone is so frustrated. It's one thing for me to need as much time as I have, but it's another when I constantly give expectations of a release soon only to then go behind on that.
It's reached a point where I have to just shut my brain off and let it be whatever it's going to be.

I'm pretty ashamed of my recent past but there's no changing it now. I can only control the future and we have a plan.
I appreciate everyone who has stuck with me and I apologize for everyone I've lost. I never meant to deceive or trick anyone. I've urged anyone that didn't believe in the process I've been on to unpledge and so far they would have made the right decision.

I've been through a lot and I decided to hide behind everything I could fit behind and I'm sorry for doing so. I'm too old for that now. Things have to and will change. I will grow and be better from all of this.
All I can do is ask for the opportunity to show that things can change. I'm only human.

I'll be around for our announcement post after the update and then Mackenzie will run the patreon and SS solo for a while as I focus on building momentum.
All I want to do is make a fun game, but I need to accept the responsibility I have.

-Braindrop
Thanks Bøb69

Either he read my post, or I hit it right in the center.

He's been avoiding this event and probably doing and redoing it. He clearly felt that he had bitten more than he could chew and instead of delivering something sub-par (in his view at least) he has been trying to surpass himself while falling in the same pit, over and over.

I am aware that many here are exhausted of his excuses, it's understandable. I am hanging on, not out of faith (I don't even understand that concept), but out of empathy. I've been put in charge of impossible things before. I have not dealt with them as well as I could. I know a lot about avoidance and getting locked in inside my own head.

What does that mean? To anyone that never experienced it, probably nothing. To people that have, it means that if he manages to get past this BLOCK, he'll be stronger than ever (at least for a while). If supplied with the help he needs in managing his efforts, he can be very productive again.

I will not ask for anyone to do anything. It is HIS time to DO. I'll do my best to keep breathing until he does.

Thanks for reading.

Peace :)

Oct 19, 2020

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST

-Braindrop
I don't know should i laugh or facepalm. Looks like he's admitting his crimes but my reaction is Tell us something we don't know.

Update rescheduled again 1 month later then originally. Again just 1 week shy of being complete delayed by 2 weeks. B R U H

He's not confessed all his crimes like Mackenzie his alter ego. I'm pretty sure he's lying about other real life problems maybe not all but most them are lies.

He's saying his mental health fucked up been this thread since October 2021 and haven't seen get any better.

And he's saying what is done let's look forward. B R U H

You are scammer, serial milker and you conned all this peoples and getting away with just sorry. Just not enough.

I'm just gonna say people are stupid but there are more stupid like who still believes him.

I'm gonna stick around for 2 more weeks if nothing gets here I'm done even drama in this thread can't keep me here

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Well, I am not gonna comment much on what been announce on the Mind drop. All I can say that it is not only the developer who have hit the wall, it happens to anyone. Some overcome it quicker than others. Most humans would go silent when they experience problem and may disappears for period of time. It may help some but it may not help others. It usually best for them to analysis it on their own to find the better solution to overcome the issue they are experiencing. However, getting fund for their work, It hard to say since I do not know the regulation what Patreon has and what need to be address. However, the value of the VN/work been done so far may balance. Remember it the power of the donor(s) who believe if it worth the effort to continue the subscription to (any) developer(s). Some may subscribe for each update release, others may be comfortable to keep it as a monthly subscription, and other who just want it to be release more often.

Overall, with those mind drops helps the audience/subscribers to be more aware what going on and etc. Most of the time it provided the progress even it may not be quick enough or not. Others may have some kind of excuses for delays. The most recent Mind Drop states that the developer recognized that there been a problem on his side and admit it now.

Keep in mind that we are humans and we are not 100% perfect. Some may take longer to learn what may be correct and what may be incorrect. Overall, I believe that BD is trying too hard to make thing perfect. I am aware that it frustrated that recently he delay the release due to background layout and etc. I cannot say it is or is not the right thing, however I believe that BD may need to relax a bit on it and make the modification little by little for each update until he get it all caught up.

I am looking forward to the update when it get release, beside, I will have to go through the whole VN again since it had been quite some time since last time I have check WVM. Mean time, we just need to be patience. This VN is not the only one been having the same schedule release issue or when the certain VN update get release. There been few that it takes +6 months or over year for the release.

Just remember no one is perfect in real life. We also have to respect each other on their own real life as well outside of the game.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Regarding redemption...

Once there was a person that had challenges in their life and played video games, traditional and adult, to make their burdens a feel a little lighter. This person enjoyed playing adult games so much that he decided try his hand making his own and, after coming up with some ideas, obtain the tools needed and learning the necessary skills, started making and sharing his game.

And wouldn't you know it: his game was a hit totally beyond his expectations. He grew in confidence, started accepting donations via Patreon and listened to input from players. This input came in many forms: make the sex scenes 'look better', add additional 'love interests', add sex acts and add to the story. Very importantly, he realized that most supporters wanted a steady stream of content and made a point of making frequent releases. Adding 'love interests' and other features increased the player base, and the patronage increased, but two other things were lurking in the shadows that would soon disrupt this smooth upward trajectory.

The first challenge was that the game rapidly grew in complexity and that meant an exponential increase in the effort needed to write all of the story branches, pose all of the models thousands of time and test the game. The developer was surprised because, being inexperienced, he didn't realize that his effort would not scale in a linear fashion - it became much harder to manage and, on top of the development complexity, he had to communicate with his player base and manage the business aspects of his game project. He as already struggling when...

The second challenge, or set of challenges, reared their heads - the realities of life. Health problems, equipment problems, shear burnout and other critical events demanded his attention and reduced his creative energy. The release of updates slowed down, the updates themselves contained less content and everything seemed a little...rushed.

What happened next would define the developer as person more so even than the game itself and, after some initial struggles, the developer ultimately acted with honesty and dignity:

- He communicated openly about the game and has life
- He gave frequent newsletter-style updates on the game including characters, events, changes in direction and anything else related to the game
- He paused Patreon donations when he knew he was he was not going to be able to fulfill a commitment
- He was genuinely concerned about his players and supporters, communicating with empathy

Because of these actions, this developer has won the hearts of thousands and has been able to turn game creation into a fulfilling, fulltime business.

I am, of course, talking about Killer7 - anyone suggesting that Braindrop be given 'another chance' because 'we are all human' should look at how a great developer and a decent human conducts themselves, and then compare that with the story of this development project.

I leave you to your own conclusions.

Last edited:

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
It would be easy to belive him, IF.... he wouldn´t have promised all of that before.

I feel like i´ve read all those promises almost a year ago and look where we are now. For now, it´s empty excuses/promises. IF he gets back to his regular releases and finally progresses the story without adding just another 20 or so LI´s... he might get some of his supporters back.

For now i´m gonna stick to my opinion about him

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST

-Braindrop
Playing The Victim Card....come on (What About the People you Banned for speaking up)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST

-Braindrop
Damn where was this imposter a year ago. Rather than accepting the reality, went on to say this is a hobby back then. Trust this man at your own convenience.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
I mean, all this apologizing is nice and all if its wasn't the 50th time we are hearing the same old "i fucked up..... for having a mental condition", "I screwed up ..... By becoming a parent", "i am responsible....... For you not liking what i did with the game"

Its like an illusion of "taking" responsibility all the while pushing it on the users. DO NOT MENTION ALL THAT and vye for sympathy so that your patreons wont cancel thier pledges, it may sound cynical but this is the truth in BD's case coz it's the same old tried and true excuses that its not even original anymore. Now he will guilt his patreons into staying, i was on this thread since 2019 and i was a patreon for 2 and half years iirc.i gave him the benifit of doubt initially and withdrew after i realised what he has become. And all the new guilble ppl will fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME :confused::confused::confused:

I told you personally before now im telling you again - Stop trying to please everyone. Thats your biggest time waster.

And ppl who are enabling him and fighting and muting our patreons in discord are the main reason he is still acting the way he is. All those "hugs and bounces" are counter productive if you want him to actually work. A "hug box" is the most useless thing and does nothing but enable the same behaviour and lack of change.

If he gets back on schedule and becomes consistent again (im not holding my breath for it) then maybe most of the old users will comeback again, but as many ppl have said before without adding 30 more LI and actually concentrating on building the personalities of the existing once rather than "every man in this universe is either gay or is married" (i dont want LIs sleeping around, but i dont want every woman you come across in game to sleep with MC as if he is the only man on earth).

As for his patreon, most of them will always be there to enable him coz they "feel bad" for the nth time a new "minddrop" is posted :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Last edited:

razardkun

Jan 5, 2022
Yeah ,this situation is a little sad,but this game is so good.All we can do, is hope for the dev find the way to do good work like him used to do in the old days.It would be a loss if this game ends. :cry:

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah ,this situation is a little sad,but this game is so good.All we can do, is hope for the dev find the way to do good work like him used to do in the old days.It would be a loss if this game ends. :cry:
bruh good shows and books dont get continued all the time and this is only an avn
those patreons need to hold him accountable or pull out the money straight up or keep getting these one pagers why it got delayed, life goes on whether this game gets abandoned or not

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
bruh good shows and books dont get continued all the time and this is only an avn
those patreons need to hold him accountable or pull out the money straight up or keep getting these one pagers why it got delayed, life goes on whether this game gets abandoned or not
It's bizarre how many people defend him now and it makes me wonder if any of them are sock accounts. That level of copium can't be real without causing liver damage.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I mean, all this apologizing is nice and all if its wasn't the 50th time we are hearing the same old "i fucked up..... for having a mental condition", "I screwed up ..... By becoming a parent", "i am responsible....... For you not liking what i did with the game"

Its like an illusion of "taking" responsibility all the while pushing it on the users. DO NOT MENTION ALL THAT and vye for sympathy so that your patreons wont cancel thier pledges, it may sound cynical but this is the truth in BD's case coz it's the same old tried and true excuses that its not even original anymore. Now he will guilt his patreons into staying, i was on this thread since 2019 and i was a patreon for 2 and half years iirc.i gave him the benifit of doubt initially and withdrew after i realised what he has become. And all the new guilble ppl will fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME :confused::confused::confused:

I told you personally before now im telling you again - Stop trying to please everyone. Thats your biggest time waster.

And ppl who are enabling him and fighting and muting our patreons in discord are the main reason he is still acting the way he is. All those "hugs and bounces" are counter productive if you want him to actually work. A "hug box" is the most useless thing and does nothing but enable the same behaviour and lack of change.

If he gets back on schedule and becomes consistent again (im not holding my breath for it) then maybe most of the old users will comeback again, but as many ppl have said before without adding 30 more LI and actually concentrating on building the personalities of the existing once rather than "every man in this universe is either gay or is married" (i dont want LIs sleeping around, but i dont want every woman you come across in game to sleep with MC as if he is the only man on earth).

As for his patreon, most of them will always be there to enable him coz they "feel bad" for the nth time a new "minddrop" is posted :cautious::cautious::cautious:
Also other devs suffer for what he is doing they trust dev less and less, and devs struggle to get support. even on the game i code and animate in, the writer/artist had covid 2 times i had the flu 2 times in a row we still managed to get a update out even know it was a little delayed, but what Braindrops does is insane and will hurt others in the long run.

Last edited:

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
We have decided that we will release a decently large update on November 19th.
This did cause us to lose some time on development but we still fully intend to have the release out on the 19th.
Let's start with the release date.

HoF/MVP tier: January 26th 2PM EST
All Star: January 26th 6PM EST
Starter: January 26th 10PM EST
Sixth Man: January 27th 10AM EST
Bench Warmer: January 27th 2PM EST
Fan: January 27th 6PM EST
Former Patrons: January 27th 10PM EST
(1/25/2023) I am replacing and implementing this now and this will delay the update by probably a week.

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST

When did November 19th become the same as February 23rd:ROFLMAO:? MilkDrop has missed well over 75% of his release dates over the past year. These Mind Drops say the same shit over and over again. "Here's a release date, sorry for missing the last one". Dude made $45k since the update was initially supposed to be released 3 months ago... Dude made more money in 3 months than some people make in a year. Where can I find a job that I can sit around spinning in my chair laughing at people throwing money at me like I'm the messiah?

Here's my resume:
  • Will give a release date and miss it by months.
  • Will say sorry about missing it... My mailmans uncles dog got hit by a car, I was distraught!
  • Here's another release date, I promise it will be released then.
  • I like money!

BD:

Last edited:

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Also other devs suffer for what he is doing they trust dev less and less, and devs struggle to get support. even on the game i code and animate in, the writer/artist had covid 2 times i had the flu 2 times in a row we still managed to get a update out even know it was a little delayed, but what Braindrops does is insane and will hurt others in the long run.
This can go either way. I switched my sub to the X-Change dev, who posts updates regularly, content included. I think as long as you establish a reputation of consistency you will be safe from the milker dev negativity. Well, I hope so anyway.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes