walker188

Apr 30, 2017
This here sums it up pretty much

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For those who have never created anything before. Some of this is obviously lies or exaggeration and some of it is probably truth. When you are creating something like this, sometimes what happens is you fall behind. Now the good devs either crunch like hell or tell the brutal truth (x will be delayed by this much), the bad ones do what BD does. They make an excuse to buy time, but they feel bad or don't want to lose support, so they promise more. The problem is they don't have the time, ability or talent to deliver content any faster, which feeds into the cycle. Pretty soon the new deadline they set comes and they have to make a new excuse, and then a new promise, and so on and so on.... Compounding the issue, is that the longer you take, the higher the expectations rise, so pretty soon you've set a standard that you know is impossible to meet, hence 'redecorating MC's home' is nothing. No one cares about that, not even BD. But he has to find SOMETHING to 'improve' the quality of his release, something to justify his delays.

Now, for the record, if this was actually a 'hobby' no one would care, but for some reason (i really have no idea why, his work isn't THAT good), he has 2800 patreon subscribers, which means he's taking in at least that much in income every month. That's quite a bit of money, more than enough to qualify as a job and right now, he's not producing anything, but he is taking in that cash each and every month, since he hasn't paused payments like other, better Devs who take some time off.

I can't say what the guy should do at this point, but its sad to see on both ends.

Seekeros

Dec 20, 2022
If you're curious about what the rest of February will look like.
We will have a post shortly after the update explaining our plan in detail but the idea for February is for Braindrop to finish modeling the house, to properly decorate the patreon, for us to catch up on the side content, and for us to release updated character sheets.

Updates will start back up at the beginning of March and we're going to hit it hard.
I don't know if I'm getting this wrong, but I see people talking about the update being delayed to march but that's not what I'm understanding from this.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what he's saying is the update WILL be released in the coming days, then he talks about BD plans for the rest of the month, and then they will start working on updates again in the beginning of March?

not trying to make excuses for him or anything just curious ...

• Angry
Reactions: Dinguz and kcaldw

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
I don't know if I'm getting this wrong, but I see people talking about the update being delayed to march but that's not what I'm understanding from this.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what he's saying is the update WILL be released in the coming days, then he talks about BD plans for the rest of the month, and then they will start working on updates again in the beginning of March?

Even if you're right and that was their intention, I still doubt the update will be released in February. We'd be lucky if we see it in March.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
For those who have never created anything before. Some of this is obviously lies or exaggeration and some of it is probably truth. When you are creating something like this, sometimes what happens is you fall behind. Now the good devs either crunch like hell or tell the brutal truth (x will be delayed by this much), the bad ones do what BD does. They make an excuse to buy time, but they feel bad or don't want to lose support, so they promise more. The problem is they don't have the time, ability or talent to deliver content any faster, which feeds into the cycle. Pretty soon the new deadline they set comes and they have to make a new excuse, and then a new promise, and so on and so on.... Compounding the issue, is that the longer you take, the higher the expectations rise, so pretty soon you've set a standard that you know is impossible to meet, hence 'redecorating MC's home' is nothing. No one cares about that, not even BD. But he has to find SOMETHING to 'improve' the quality of his release, something to justify his delays.

Now, for the record, if this was actually a 'hobby' no one would care, but for some reason (i really have no idea why, his work isn't THAT good), he has 2800 patreon subscribers, which means he's taking in at least that much in income every month. That's quite a bit of money, more than enough to qualify as a job and right now, he's not producing anything, but he is taking in that cash each and every month, since he hasn't paused payments like other, better Devs who take some time off.

I can't say what the guy should do at this point, but its sad to see on both ends.
Agreed, and very similar to my post from last week: https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-3-braindrop.35910/post-9984807

I don't understand how a normal person could look at the Wolfeszorn timeline (https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-3-braindrop.35910/post-10033348) and conclude that BD has done a reasonable job at managing the development of the game and communications with his audience.

datguy0115

Feb 21, 2021

Yeah its strange. They talk about being done with about 80% of the re-rendering and releasing the update as soon as they can in the first part written by BD and in the second part, supposedly written by Mackenzie, they are talking about bringing updates back in march.

How is it possible, that him and his supposed "PR" person cant even formulate a Patreon post, that isnt totally contradicting.

Can someone tell me what his patreons are commenting? I cant imagine that theyre not having the same question :ROFLMAO:

Seekeros

Dec 20, 2022
Yeah its strange. They talk about being done with about 80% of the re-rendering and releasing the update as soon as they can in the first part written by BD and in the second part, supposedly written by Mackenzie, they are talking about bringing updates back in march.

How is it possible, that him and his supposed "PR" person cant even formulate a Patreon post, that isnt totally contradicting.

Can someone tell me what his patreons are commenting? I cant imagine that theyre not having the same question :ROFLMAO:
Guess we'll find out soon if it's indeed a miscommunication or just another delay since that Mackenzie post is about a week old already, not holding my breath tho.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020

What the patreon post was talking about was the the update is soon™, and after it drops, BD is going to use the rest of February to focus on the things mentioned in the post, and only in march will he start working on another update to the game.
But the post also said that the update was 75-80% complete and it's been almost a week already, so can we really believe anything they say at this point?

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
View attachment 2359215
Hello everyone.

Mackenzie here, the goal of this post is to inform you guys on what's been going on this past week as well as give some more information about the update.

First thing I'd like to share is that shortly after finishing the first floor, Braindrop completely remade the exterior of the home. This was already being worked on during the last post and only took around an additional day after the post to complete.
The upstairs is blacked out as it will also be remodeled but only the first floor and exterior are necessary for this update so work on them has been put on hold.
(The basement will also be remodeled)

The scene that had to be remade to include the new home was rather large and Braindrop has been spending all of his time loading the scenes and reposing them to fit the new space as quickly as he can. He's gone as far as to set alarms for every 90 minutes when he sleeps to get it accomplished as quickly as possible.
The main bottleneck is load times as each scene can take upwards of 30 minutes to load.

Braindrop has informed me that he's around 75-80% complete as of today and he envisions finishing the rest in the coming days and we'll be uploading as soon as that is complete.

One thing we'd also like to include that was meant to be a bit of a surprise is the length of the update.

We've noticed that everyone seems to have a different idea of exactly how many renders this update is meant to be. We've seen everything from 200 to 1500.
We both thought we had publically shared that it would be over 1000 but,

This update will be slightly north of 2000 renders.
There will be a bit before the exhibition game, the game, and then a bit after.
(We intended this to be a moment that we undersold and overdelivered but then everything happened and we're having to crawl it back)
Nonetheless, this is a large update and it will be out very soon.

If you're curious about what the rest of February will look like.
We will have a post shortly after the update explaining our plan in detail but the idea for February is for Braindrop to finish modeling the house, to properly decorate the patreon, for us to catch up on the side content, and for us to release updated character sheets.

Updates will start back up at the beginning of March and we're going to hit it hard.

That's all of the information I have to share currently.
Thank you guys.

Additionally, here are some of the adjustments Braindrop made to the interior after the post.

Real curious how does he or his mom or his financier funded this new house? This ain't a house you can buy with mortgage.
2k renders is a meme amount now for this guy, the outlook is bleak

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019

If you read this thread, or even just some of the summaries, what you'll learn is what the dev says and does are two entirely different things...
The post below sums it up:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-3-braindrop.35910/post-9943160

Reactions: hawk784563

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
The frequency of updates isnt that important, but monthly at a minimum to justify the patreon income.
Game should be worked on frequenctly, with some exceptions
I believe for a recurring few it should be done as often as the payment occurs. Of course it has to be more than just a quick image and a few lines of text.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes