Oct 19, 2020
Basically bootlicking, as far as the eye can see. This is what the patreon comments look like.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The discord is just barren though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The most recent mind drop came 6 hours after that comment btw lol.
Looks like nothing changed or only harem girls left and they are still acting BS like Jacob.

And i have noticed facepalmer squad are back in business.

I'm not gonna call the supporters stupid but what they're doing is stupid.

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Weren't there posts of people saying they were done with supporting him? Was that in a deleted post?
After the braindrop stating he was delaying it the majority of the comments were people complaining and saying that. I'm assuming they all stopped supporting and then when the braindrop got posted at the start of a new month, the smart people weren't supporting him to comment about it.

Reactions: hawk784563

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Is really impressive when you see some really big people from this community agreeing that braindrop fucked up, i wonder if he still lurk here...and everyone was thinking that icstor was bad, when you see how much excuses, how much he fucked up, and there still some people defending him, that's why this game will never be what was, he have a mind of "i'm right you all are wrong" don't matter what, is really a shame.

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
Is really impressive when you see some really big people from this community agreeing that braindrop fucked up, i wonder if he still lurk here...and everyone was thinking that icstor was bad, when you see how much excuses, how much he fucked up, and there still some people defending him, that's why this game will never be what was, he have a mind of "i'm right you all are wrong" don't matter what, is really a shame.
I think its more the fact that he got comfortable and no one held him accountable. I mean lets be honest, looking back two years ago when this all started, the amount of support BD got was astounding (in all fairness he had never done any of us dirty at that point). But then I think he realized that he could just sit back and relax while the money still rolled in. And with his supporters silencing any of the critics that dared to speak out, the man was on cloud mf 9.

Its only now that his supporters are starting to wake up and the critical voices are becoming to loud to silence that he realizes that he actually has to get some work done before he loses it all. But after two years of doing nothing/bare minimum its hard for him to actually produce something meaningful.

Now while I don't want to criticise BD, he's not given me a reason to trust him either. And the fact that his lifestyle is being funded despite the lack of work leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Like the old saying goes "Empires rise and Empires fall" we saw the rise, now we're watching the fall.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
I dont know if I understand this post correctly, especially the part with the upcoming 2k render release..

Lets do some quick math here:
If he re-rendered 75-80% in 7 days (its been 7 days since they announced the newest delay), it shouldnt take him longer than another 1,75-2,33 days to finish the rest of it.

Does that mean, that it could be out on Saturday/Sunday, or are they pushing it back to the beginning of March where they gonna "hit it hard"?
Oh that's simple. They're pushing the release date back to the beginning of March, and then in March they're gonna hit the release date hard. So hard it gets pushed back to the end of the month. Then they'll probably hit it again a few more times for good measure. Eventually there will be a poll asking whether or not to release everything he has or split it up into chunks. Then there will be a second poll because the first one didn't give the answer that BD wanted. Then the polls will be disregarded and there will be a few more excuses until we get a release date for the upcoming 150 render update.

I love how they didn't even *try* to explain how the update that was just 'sliding' into Feb is now due in March. I imagine anyone who spoke out on Patreon or Discord got the ban stick again too, because they're nasty haters that deserve it probably.

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
Can you really consider $15k/month, even if it's give or take a few thousand, falling though?
BD created something that, even though it is disjointed and incomplete, inspired people to support him/her on its merits. And that despite the lack of updates. Complaining about what other people do with their money in a capitalist society is futile and a waste of good energy.
Like you I suspect, I would very much like it all to be irrelevant, because I would like to see this content continue. I'm not paying for it. But I'd like to see it.

Reactions: sava75

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
He hasn't lurked here for months. Maybe even a year now.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I love how they didn't even *try* to explain how the update that was just 'sliding' into Feb is now due in March.
I don't think that's the case. If you read this:

Braindrop has informed me that he's around 75-80% complete as of today and he envisions finishing the rest in the coming days and we'll be uploading as soon as that is complete.
It sounds like the update is coming soonTM, but none of that excuses the idea that BD feels he can take February off to render worthless birthday shit and "decorate Patreon," whatever the fuck that means. I'm not saying don't be mad, I'm just saying let's be mad at the right thing.

BD created something that, even though it is disjointed and incomplete, inspired people to support him/her on its merits.
I think one of the biggest reasons for success for WVM was the update schedule. We had weekly updates for a bit, then twice a month, now it's the biggest critical failure. I've never seen such a core pillar of business end up as such an anchor before, we'll have to see where this goes.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

It sounds like the update is coming soonTM, but none of that excuses the idea that BD feels he can take February off to render worthless birthday shit and "decorate Patreon," whatever the fuck that means. I'm not saying don't be mad, I'm just saying let's be mad at the right thing.

I think one of the biggest reasons for success for WVM was the update schedule. We had weekly updates for a bit, then twice a month, now it's the biggest critical failure. I've never seen such a core pillar of business end up as such an anchor before, we'll have to see where this goes.
Summertime Saga also started with weekly updates.But for even shorter time than WVM.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
i personally think its coz of the futa LI and basketball. coz lets be honest, there aint no AVN with basketball as focus. No to mention lot of sex in the start.

Now its just weird, we fuck everything that moves with tons of LIs, most of the male's are gay and the basketball game has been teased for 3 fucking year :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

I wasn't here for the weekly or even bi-monthly updates, hadn't even discovered AVN's.

After joining this site, WVM was maybe the 3rd or 4th title I chose. I became an instant fan, not of the Dev, but of the work. WVM is, for me, one of the titles that really made me embrace this hobby.

I get the frustration from people that have been dealing with his "justifications" and "explanations" for longer. I get it. Sorry that I must confess that I don't feel them the same way, I never experienced the fast releases, I've only been here for the delayed content, so, none of this is new. But I do understand what you all must feel.

This "Demonstration" (or whatever it's called, not much into sports) game has been a thorn on BD side, when it became obvious that he had to do it, he started panicking. Maybe he didn't know how to do it. Or, didn't have the hardware to do it. Or both. The thing is, ever since the game started to inch to this event, his excuses and delays, have become the rule. Maybe he has used this time to learn how to do it, or, maybe he's been avoiding as much as he could. Apparently, he found a way to make it, but, now it's time to redo everything else. He's torturing himself and us, over an event that he's been playing cat and mouse with for 2 years now (maybe more).

If you or Mackenzie are reading this, just know that however bad it goes with the event, you can always fix it up later, just release it and be done with it. From my life experience I can assure you that the monsters we made in our heads are never that scary when we face them. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Now, for all of you, relax folks, I know it's been a long wait. But, relax. Breathe. You are absolutely right, it shouldn't take this long, but, well, it did, and it will maybe even take a while longer...

Remember to breathe...

Peace :)

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
That's the consensus - his brand was based on high-frequency releases, and he didn't maintain that pace. I think a lot of people questioned whether he could maintain that release cadence and I don't think a lot of people would have been surprised, or upset, if he had been honest about not maintaining that pace as the releases slowed down.

I think why people, including me, believe that BD wasn't (and isn't) being forthright with everyone is by comparing BD to developers such as Killer7 that initially tried to 'crank out' content, couldn't maintain the early pace as he learned how much effort was involved and then communicated openly and honestly with people. There is a way to communicate with people, to set their expectations and BD has been objectively terrible at that.

L0key2022

Jan 24, 2022
do i have to date shauna or is there just a best friends path with them? to me they are more like a best friend/little sibling than a romantic interest i'l always have their back but i'm not interested romantically.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
do i have to date shauna or is there just a best friends path with them? to me they are more like a best friend/little sibling than a romantic interest i'l always have their back but i'm not interested romantically.
She's one of two forced LIs.

L0key2022

Jan 24, 2022
She's one of two forced LIs.
thanks to be honest saying i'm not romantically interested is the wrong choice of words. I am romantically interested however i i personally feel that the romantic feelings developed because they are my best friend/little sibling i feel that the dev didn't do the the greatest job at maintaining their best friend relationship switching it for a more romantic one causing a loss of spark (this is just my personal opinion so anyone can feel feel free to disagree with me and this is sill one of my top favorite VNs)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
thanks to be honest saying i'm not romantically interested is the wrong choice of words. I am romantically interested however i i personally feel that the romantic feelings developed because they are my best friend/little sibling i feel that the dev didn't do the the greatest job at maintaining their best friend relationship switching it for a more romantic one causing a loss of spark (this is just my personal opinion so anyone can feel feel free to disagree with me and this is sill one of my top favorite VNs)
Week 1 is being remade into Month 1 and one of the main points of the rework is Shauna so maybe that'll fix your issues.

Reactions: L0key2022

Asmodeus34

Feb 8, 2022
Week 1 is being remade into Month 1 and one of the main points of the rework is Shauna so maybe that'll fix your issues.
It's been a while, but as I recall only cisShauna is supposed to be getting reworked. TransShauna doesn't need one so (hopefully) BD won't waste more time fixing what's not broken, assuming he ever does actually get around to doing the rework at all.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
It's been a while, but as I recall only cisShauna is supposed to be getting reworked. TransShauna doesn't need one so (hopefully) BD won't waste more time fixing what's not broken, assuming he ever does actually get around to doing the rework at all.
well.... About the " not wasting time on fixing things, that aren´t broken" ..... May i point you towards the recent interior design change that nobody wanted/needed, instead of working on the story/rework? :ROFLMAO:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes