motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I only type around 100 WPM (more like 80-90 on average), so not that fast tbh, but I suppose it is above average. :p
About the same on typing speed then... guess that only leaves brain speed... or the fact that most of my thoughts are actual brain farts these days...:oops:

Reactions: SlapE

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Everyone on here is talking about the trans content in this update, or that there are too many LI's now. Am I the only one that is concerned with the where the hell the MC an Cedar are now? They stopped at night in a boat on the ocean to sit and talk. then she fell a sleep and he called a handful of people, then He too fell asleep for an undisclosed amount of time. By all rights, depending on the tide, they should have either been washed ashore, or pushed out into international waters. That's how currents work. Only a moron would fall asleep in the middle of the ocean, at night, on a speedboat!

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
You think female Shauna was the canon choice? Hahahaha. Sorry, that was just too funny. On both paths Shauna has severe body dismorphia. For a trans person, that makes sense. On a cis person, it doesn't. Then you have Penny. Penny became a fan of Ethan before she met him because of the stories of how he helped Shauna accept who she is and protected her from the bullies. Ethan then suggests Penny and Shauna should be friends since they have something in common. If they are both trans, then that makes a lot of sense. If they are both cis, the fact they were both bullied is a very weak reason to become a fan and friends with a woman she has never met. The one thing you said that is actually true is that Ethan has realized he is somewhat bisexual as the game has progressed when he had sex with Skye. Ethan cares about the person, not what is between their legs.

Ohh, and, if you look at the game files, there is a variable at the start of the game called shaunafemale. By default it is set to false. During the dialogue where you select if Shauna is female or trans, you will notice the only time something changes with the code is if you choose female. Trans Shauna was and still is the default. Since Penny's gender identity is based on Shauna's, Penny being trans was and still is the default too.

View attachment 3053254
I was bullied in school, didn't make me trans. Kids get bullied. Doesn't mean people turn trans. The fact is that if I am playing a straight dude I don't want want to see a dick in my face. The fact that Shauna is a forced relationship and not optional, she has a vagina. Doesn't matter if you think she was written as a trans. My character don't do trans.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Actually, that seems like a bugged out choice of renders.

As I've understood it (through the thread), Ryann can be opted to be trans if you've chosen Shauna to be trans. But it seems like there are two renders during the big "rich women orgy" scene where the trans version of Ryann is standing to the side
I didn't originally notice this in my first playthrough of the latest release (since my focus was elsewhere), but I confirmed this on a quick skip-through of the scene on my "Shauna was born a girl" savefile.

The bugfix that was released earlier today does seem to fix this, though (just remember to delete the "version_updater.*" files from the bugfix update, since that was bugged out, at least when I downloaded it).

View attachment 3050314
Interesting. I cleared my persistant files and couldn't replicate this. I've done it a few times and the code as originally written works for me. I only get Trans Ryann pictures if I choose to make her trans. Weird. Despite that, as I pointed out earlier, Ryann being trans just doesn't make sense. She has dialogue earlier that says she is one of Rachel's clients to get pregnant. Clearly trans Ryann can't get pregnant so why would she get on Rachel's client list?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The trans option for Ryann just doesn't make sense and it feels like he threw it in just to have another trans character. If he wanted a new trans character then Annie would have made more sense as it would explain her hesitation to join in with the sex (better than the whole "arranged marriage" BS) and why she isn't on the client waiting list.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
I was bullied in school, didn't make me trans. Kids get bullied. Doesn't mean people turn trans. The fact is that if I am playing a straight dude I don't want want to see a dick in my face. The fact that Shauna is a forced relationship and not optional, she has a vagina. Doesn't matter if you think she was written as a trans. My character don't do trans.
Umm, I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I never said being bullied would make someone trans. Also, if you want female Shauna, I'm not going to stop you. The facts are simple though, Shauna being female is Braindrop throwing you a bone. The character Braindrop created is trans by default. Female Shauna was only added for people like yourself that don't want to see it.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Interesting. I cleared my persistant files and couldn't replicate this. I've done it a few times and the code as originally written works for me. I only get Trans Ryann pictures if I choose to make her trans. Weird. Despite that, as I pointed out earlier, Ryann being trans just doesn't make sense. She has dialogue earlier that says she is one of Rachel's clients to get pregnant. Clearly trans Ryann can't get pregnant so why would she get on Rachel's client list?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The trans option for Ryann just doesn't make sense and it feels like he threw it in just to have another trans character. If he wanted a new trans character then Annie would have made more sense as it would explain her hesitation to join in with the sex (better than the whole "arranged marriage" BS) and why she isn't on the client waiting list.
The first picture on the quote before the guy you quoted where Ryann has a vagina uses the Shauna variable. The second one uses the RyannCis variable, which before the bugfix came out you could only set if you had Shauna trans.
BD fucked up and didn't give the choice to set Ryann's variable for people on the cis path and defaulted RyannCis to false. So unless you manually set the variable in the console or with URM she'd grow a penis between renders for anyone on the cis path.
If you're on the cis path and you got the option then you're probably using the bugfixed version.

I do agree that Ryann trans just seems like fetish fulfilment though tbh.

Reactions: CircaAD and Trikus

Trikus

May 31, 2020
The first picture on the quote before the guy you quoted where Ryann has a vagina uses the Shauna variable. The second one uses the RyannCis variable, which before the bugfix came out you could only set if you had Shauna trans.
BD fucked up and didn't give the choice to set Ryann's variable for people on the cis path and defaulted RyannCis to false. So unless you manually set the variable in the console or with URM she'd grow a penis between renders for anyone on the cis path.
If you're on the cis path and you got the option then you're probably using the bugfixed version.

I do agree that Ryann trans just seems like fetish fulfilment though tbh.
Ahh, yes, I forgot to change Shauna's status when checking. It is there now.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Maybe I'm dumb and completely missed the event in the hallway. Started the game over and still a bit confused about the time jump the dev did. Now we have new characters in season 2 that I have no idea who they are. Such as the MC talking to Bea in the hallway and Mac yelling at her. Who the heck is 4T? When did they get introduced? And what incident in the hallway caused such a ruckus with the MC? Sorry for all the questions. Guess I should actually take time and see if I can find all that info by searching in the forum. Excuse my ignorance with the dumb questions.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Maybe I'm dumb and completely missed the event in the hallway. Started the game over and still a bit confused about the time jump the dev did. Now we have new characters in season 2 that I have no idea who they are. Such as the MC talking to Bea in the hallway and Mac yelling at her. Who the heck is 4T? When did they get introduced? And what incident in the hallway caused such a ruckus with the MC? Sorry for all the questions. Guess I should actually take time and see if I can find all that info by searching in the forum. Excuse my ignorance with the dumb questions.
No time jump, season 1 and season 2 are on a completely different canon. BD plans to expand season 1 from 1 week or w/e it is to 1 month, and introduce new characters and change some plotlines. For season 2, he's writing it as if it followed that currently non existent season 1.
Changes off the top of my head are to fix the cis Shauna path so it's not so overwhelmingly stupid, introduce new characters, spread out events so days aren't so clustered and remove the whole cheating/loyalty path by not making MC and Jamie start dating until after she realizes she's a cuckquean.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
No time jump, season 1 and season 2 are on a completely different canon. BD plans to expand season 1 from 1 week or w/e it is to 1 month, and introduce new characters and change some plotlines. For season 2, he's writing it as if it followed that currently non existent season 1.
Changes off the top of my head are to fix the cis Shauna path so it's not so overwhelmingly stupid, introduce new characters, spread out events so days aren't so clustered and remove the whole cheating/loyalty path by not making MC and Jamie start dating until after she realizes she's a cuckquean.
Season one just seemed to have a lot of plot holes, at least it seemed that way to me. I did notice events seemed to be clustered a lot during days instead of over time. With the whole changing of days from 9 to 32 at the end of Season 1 just kind of threw me off a bit. Then getting to see new characters at the beginning of Season 2 was a bit confusing too.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Umm, I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I never said being bullied would make someone trans. Also, if you want female Shauna, I'm not going to stop you. The facts are simple though, Shauna being female is Braindrop throwing you a bone. The character Braindrop created is trans by default. Female Shauna was only added for people like yourself that don't want to see it.
If the character was by default trans I wouldn't be playing it. People like myself? I wouldn't care if she was trans in the game. The only issue with that is, Shauna is a forced relationship regardless if she was trans or not. Meaning even if you tell Shauna you want to remain friends that Shauna is basically shoved in your face later.

Like it seems any moment you're with Jaime your girlfriend. Shauna just happens to pop her head in and ruin the moment. So, you are forced to have sex with her. And yeah I wouldn't involve myself sexually with a trans person. So I wouldn't be playing if there was no choice.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Then you shouldn't be playing. It is right there in the code:

View attachment 3053542

Every time you start a new game, Shauna defaults to trans.
That I don't care about as long as it gives the choice to make her female. If BD wanted to make her trans by default, he shouldn't have given the choice. But I guarantee you that if he didn't give players a choice at the very beginning, not a lot of people would be playing the game.

Majority of people who would play this game are straight dudes. That's a fact.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
That I don't care about as long as it gives the choice to make her female. If BD wanted to make her trans by default, he shouldn't have given the choice. But I guarantee you that if he didn't give players a choice at the very beginning, not a lot of people would be playing the game.

Majority of people who would play this game are straight dudes. That's a fact.
I don't think you know what default means.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I don't think you know what default means.
You are the one that claimed that BD gave people like me a bone to make Shauna a female. So, by default she would be trans. But he gives players a choice. Because reality is most straight guys are not going to want to have sex with a trans, or want to see a penis where a vagina should be.

My only objection is that BD should have made Shauna an optional love interest. Shauna can be trans and there would be no need to give people like me a choice. At least make Shauna an optional love interest.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
You are the one that claimed that BD gave people like me a bone to make Shauna a female. So, by default she would be trans. But he gives players a choice. Because reality is most straight guys are not going to want to have sex with a trans, or want to see a penis where a vagina should be.

My only objection is that BD should have made Shauna an optional love interest. Shauna can be trans and there would be no need to give people like me a choice. At least make Shauna an optional love interest.
If you delete all of this code, and fix the indentation for "jump startit", Shauna (and Penny) would be trans without player choice.

1698879286702.png

The choice to make her trans is already made by BD. You get the option to make her female. And no, making Shauna optional is just stupid. She is a main character and essential for the story. In a narrative heavy story, you cannot give players 100% control on all choices. All that does is force the developer to make insane branching choices. For example, what if the player wanted to join Ryker. BD would now be forced to write an update's worth of dialogue for that. Sorry dude but your opinions do not line up with the facts. Shauna is an essential main character, and she is trans by default too. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, it won't change those facts.

Also, I'm a "straight dude" as well, yet I have no problems having a fictional character be trans or view the trans sex scenes. I guess I'm just more secure with my sexuality.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
IMO the Shauna trans/female debate wether trans or female is cannon. I think both are cannon. It's just a choice of what you prefer. If you want the trans Shauna then that's the cannon or if you wanted the female Shauna then that's the cannon. And talking bout well it was set to default for trans, That doesn't mean anything, it had to be set to something so what it was written first? Also to prove both are cannon is SHE has TITS. If you remember she comes from a poor family so she would not be able to pay for a boob job. So BD made her with the option from the get go wether she is Trans or Female. Knowing if he didn't not many people would play with a Main Li as a trans.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
IMO the Shauna trans/female debate wether trans or female is cannon. I think both are cannon. It's just a choice of what you prefer. If you want the trans Shauna then that's the cannon or if you wanted the female Shauna then that's the cannon. And talking bout well it was set to default for trans, That doesn't mean anything, it had to be set to something so what it was written first?
Except for the last post I made, showing that without player interaction, Shauna is trans. Then there is the dialogue and story. Again, the story works so much better not just with Shauna but other characters involved with her backstory if she is trans. Penny's backstory works so much better if she is trans too and that depends on Shauna. The fact that BD is even planning on remaking the first half partly to make the female Shauna stuff better is further proof that female Shauna was an afterthought and only existed so people that don't want a trans LI will still play their game. So, you can have your opinion, and do all the mental gymnastics you want to make your point right for you, but there is a difference between opinion and fact.

Also, you are completely right that there had to be a default. Yet there is something in the code that proves what was intended. Why is the variable called "shaunafemale = false"? Surely "shaunatrans = false" makes more sense? As FreshRavage points out (many times), most people playing will be straight men and if the character is a forced love interest, surely female would be chosen by most, right?

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes