jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

I listened to a ton of people's advice this week.
After giving last month 110% I decided to take a few days "off". Not because I needed to or anything, just as a precautionary to make sure I stay fresh.

With that being said I'm about 70 renders into day 4 right now. I hope to be at around 100-120 for the week 1 release. :)

And now on the note of support. If you recall, on my day 3 (Week 2) teaser I said that I was just about to hit the $1000 goal and how insanely fast that happened and how insane the support has been.
And now here we are just three weeks later on the cusp of the $2000 goal.
What. The. Fuck. You guys are fucking insane and I never thought I'd be where I am now.
The fact that there is a community that is growing around my game is nuts and I still haven't wrapped my head around it.
Your support has made everything easier. I now have a very nice pc that can actually shred through scenes, I'm able to add all the assets I want to add, I can work with programmers and artists to make everything a better experience.
Even down to all the kind words of support. I love reading them and I hope to continue to deliver a game that you all enjoy. <3

There are many things and awesome ideas for WVM in the works and every bit of it is possible because of your support. I can not thank you enough. What I can do is continue to grow as a developer and I'm lucky as fuck to have all you by my side. <3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bjornt2

Mar 9, 2018
I think this is 1 of the most enjoyable games ive ever played. Just 1 question. Will there be an harem possibility? I've played other games where it was like this and in the end I got a bad ending just, because it was not ment to keep all girls (I am greedy :p )

obzerver

Jun 10, 2017
I think this is 1 of the most enjoyable games ive ever played. Just 1 question. Will there be an harem possibility? I've played other games where it was like this and in the end I got a bad ending just, because it was not ment to keep all girls (I am greedy :p )
If you play to the end of the update the game tells you this will be a harem-focused game.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
the harem tag at the top of the page should be answer enough ;)

srcg

Aug 3, 2018
I definitely could have structured that a bit better, but it still reads fine to me.
How does one exactly fire themselves? :unsure:
As for proofreaders, that's not exactly something I can have with my update schedule sadly. I work pretty much non stop and cram as much in as I can in my weekly releases. I don't have the time to package it all up and send it to someone to read through.
Every bit of day 3 was done by me in 28 days, the posing, rendering, script, everything. So a few poorly structured sentences hopefully gets a pass from most players. :)
I think you have done an excellent job so far with this game keep up the good work

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Some kind of social media integration would be fitting (since it's a part of the business these days - doesn't need to be huge, but maybe give 3 choices for what to post after a game and having an indicator of how many fans MC has depending on his and the team's performance would be sweet).
FIFA story mode once had a nice system that could work well in this game. Basically in every interview or social media post you could choose how to respond, either brash, calm or somewhere in the middle. Brash answers/posts would increase your followers but decrease your relation with the manager (or the board I guess in this game) and calm would do the opposite.
It was a simple system but worked quite well in establishing your public personality.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Amazing game so far. The characters are mostly all likeable (Charles can die in a fire already, but that's his role). My only issue is the size of the characters lips, but otherwise I absolutely love Jamie, Shauna and Nat. I'm glad that we're given the option to choose if someone isn't to our liking and not pursue anything with them.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
FIFA story mode once had a nice system that could work well in this game. Basically in every interview or social media post you could choose how to respond, either brash, calm or somewhere in the middle. Brash answers/posts would increase your followers but decrease your relation with the manager (or the board I guess in this game) and calm would do the opposite.
It was a simple system but worked quite well in establishing your public personality.
I haven't played a FIFA game properly in ages (the last one I sunk real hours into was FIFA98 RTWC) so I haven't experienced what you described, but it sounds like a very reasonable and fun solution to what I suggested. :)

@Braindrop
I just gave it some thought...
If I had to design a system for this game (influenced by what OctavianusAugustus just mentioned), I'd like to add a certain roleplay element - and yes, I'm aware that this would require additional development time, but I believe it'd be worth it:

3 options after each game:

1. Impress public ---> MC's popularity grows and he gets more crazy, horny fans in the process.
Adding scenes here would take too much, but I believe this would be glorious: There are so many talented fan artists around (no doubt here and on patreon as well for sure) who share their beautiful art with us, so please imagine this: You start a shoutout before each game day that you'd like to have selfies of beautiful fictional ladies/twins/BFFs/whatever for your game. Interested fans render and submit these
- fitting to WVM's general art style
- with the option to be either anonymous or credited
- you provide a design element that has to be incorporated (to ensure that they are original and not taken)
If you receive too many you pick the hottest 1-3 (or whatever you feel like) and let MC get these via a channel of your choice.

2. Impress team ---> MC's positive influence on the team grows and shows more, earning a few extra points in the next game, by adding a few cool assists / alley oops / etc. (for the actual basketball fans around here - if you'd have fun rendering these, of course).
I'm not sure if these should have influence on the actual game result or just be fan service, though - needs additional thought.

3. Impress coach ---> Minor or moderate (whatever you feel appropriate) dialogue changes with Harper (MC shows public appreciation of her and her coaching and she adores him even more, you get the gist).

This would add a certain replayability, imho. It's not cutting anything vital leaving the other two behind, they'll just be waiting for us to enjoy something fresh on the next playthrough, I think.

Thank you for your attention... ;)

Last edited:

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
I haven't played a FIFA game properly in ages (the last one I sunk real hours into was FIFA98 RTWC) so I haven't experienced what you described, but it sounds like a very reasonable and fun solution to what I suggested. :)

@Braindrop
I just gave it some thought...
If I had to design a system for this game (influenced by what OctavianusAugustus just mentioned), I'd like to add a certain roleplay element - and yes, I'm aware that this would require additional develpment time, but I believe it'd be worth it):

3 options after each game:

1. Impress public ---> MC's popularity grows and he gets more crazy, horny fans in the process.
Adding scenes here would take too much, but I believe this would be glorious: There are so many talented fan artists around (no doubt here and on patreon as well for sure) who share their beautiful art with us, so please imagine this: You start a shoutout before each game day that you'd like to have selfies of beautiful fictionary ladies/twins/BFFs/whatever for your game. Interested fans render and submit these
- fitting to WVM's general art style
- with the option to be either anonymous or credited
- you provide a design element that has to be incorporated (to ensure that they are original and not taken)
If you reveive too many you pick the hottest 1-3 (or whatever you feel like) and let MC get these via a channel of your choice.

2. Impress team ---> MC's positive influence on the team grows and shows more, earning a few extra points in the next game, by adding a few cool assists / alley oops / etc. (for the actual basketball fans around here - if you'd have fun rendering these, of course).
I'm not sure if these should have influence on the actual game result or just be fan service, though - needs additional thought.

3. Impress coach ---> Minor or moderate (whatever you feel appropriate) dialogue changes with Harper (MC shows public appreciation of her and her coaching and she adores him even more, you get the gist).

This would add a certain replayability, imho. It's not cutting anything vital leaving the other two behind, they'll just be waiting for us to enjoy something fresh on the next playthrough, I think.

Thank you for your attention... ;)
2 and 3 are pretty much locks for the game. :)

But damn, 1 is a really good idea. It would be a great way for me to shout out some fellow devs and artists. It's definitely something I'll look into.

Thank you!

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
2 and 3 are pretty much locks for the game. :)

But damn, 1 is a really good idea. It would be a great way for me to shout out some fellow devs and artists. It's definitely something I'll look into.

Thank you!
Glad to be helpful, you're totally welcome! :)
icesun cameo now confirmed for the game - some random fan in the stands holding up a creampie sign. :ROFLMAO:

js00906

Feb 21, 2019
So I feel like I'm a minority here in saying that I have issues with the game.

Basically, I feel like the MC is a Mary Sue of a character and it makes him boring. Like, he really is just perfect: Handsome, Hung, Greatest At Basketball, A Perfect Gentleman, ect. and he doesn't really have any flaws. Like, the sleep walking might be a minor flaw but really you use it as a plot device more than a flaw. And all these women just fall into his lap, without much struggle or chance at failing. I like the story concept but it's execution is kinda falling flat. I hate to say rewrite the whole game but maybe start building a flawed version of this character, maybe give the players the opportunity to make "douchebag" choices that effects his reputation and relationships with different girls. Like, instead of Elizabeth just becoming a good girl, you could have her be that bitch who only falls for a douchebag MC who is all about being the star of the show, not the leader of a team.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018

Basically, I feel like the MC is a Mary Sue of a character and it makes him boring. Like, he really is just perfect: Handsome, Hung, Greatest At Basketball, A Perfect Gentleman, ect. and he doesn't really have any flaws. Like, the sleep walking might be a minor flaw but really you use it as a plot device more than a flaw. And all these women just fall into his lap, without much struggle or chance at failing. I like the story concept but it's execution is kinda falling flat. I hate to say rewrite the whole game but maybe start building a flawed version of this character, maybe give the players the opportunity to make "douchebag" choices that effects his reputation and relationships with different girls. Like, instead of Elizabeth just becoming a good girl, you could have her be that bitch who only falls for a douchebag MC who is all about being the star of the show, not the leader of a team.
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I'm not against freedom of choice in general, but I think this would add a whole layer of complexity and reduce the content per day significantly (given Braindrop's tight production cycle)...

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019

If you treat a 0.3 like a polished and halfway finished story you're gonna have a bad time.
I understand the complaint though, Also a trope I desperately want to avoid is the "Bitch that falls for douchebag". Just not my style.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017
If you treat a 0.3 like a polished and halfway finished story you're gonna have a bad time.
I understand the complaint though, Also a trope I desperately want to avoid is the "Bitch that falls for douchebag". Just not my style.
Yes, please do not change the personality of our beloved and future NBA star, it is quite rare to see a game like this where we are not a horny, pervert and asshole teen who only thinks with his 'head'

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Basically, I feel like the MC is a Gary Stu of a character and it makes him boring. Like, he really is just perfect: Handsome, Hung, Greatest At Basketball, A Perfect Gentleman, ect. and he doesn't really have any flaws.
Thing is, this type of person actually exists. And as infrequent as they may be in real life, they're much more rare in these types of games when compared to the typical horny virgin teen with nothing going for him until the game starts, when he finally decides to start peeping on his mom and sisters. At least with the women all being attracted to him here, it makes sense. He's not some "18 year-old" who looks like he's twelve and has yet to even encounter puberty. He's a good-looking, hard-working college freshman with motivation, drive, and above all, a good head on his shoulders. He may be a Gary Stu, but when our other options are mostly scumbags in some way, shape, or form, this change of pace is more than refreshing.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes