Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Whoa, I closed this game immediately back when Day 1 version was released by looking at Jamie's face. I found her lips weird and too pouty in each and every frame. I had it in my watch list though and noticed too many good reviews it got, so I decided to give it another try and I'm so glad I did. It really a very well made game backed by a hard working dev. Don't get me wrong, I still find Jamie's face weird and I kinda rush through her content (but that's my personal preference and not dev's problem), but I love almost every other women in the game.
A couple of questions for Braindrop
Will we ever see Elizabeth as a redhead again? She was gorgeous with red hair. I mean she still is, but hey redheads right?
Also, do you have plans of making 3rd person POV during sex and mainly kissing scenes? I feel that 3rd person POV while kissing is much more turning on than first person.
I really loved the game and I wish you all the best!

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
So I feel like I'm a minority here in saying that I have issues with the game.

Basically, I feel like the MC is a Mary Sue of a character and it makes him boring. Like, he really is just perfect: Handsome, Hung, Greatest At Basketball, A Perfect Gentleman, ect. and he doesn't really have any flaws. Like, the sleep walking might be a minor flaw but really you use it as a plot device more than a flaw. And all these women just fall into his lap, without much struggle or chance at failing. I like the story concept but it's execution is kinda falling flat. I hate to say rewrite the whole game but maybe start building a flawed version of this character, maybe give the players the opportunity to make "douchebag" choices that effects his reputation and relationships with different girls. Like, instead of Elizabeth just becoming a good girl, you could have her be that bitch who only falls for a douchebag MC who is all about being the star of the show, not the leader of a team.
I mean no disrespect but the LAST thing WVM needs is any kind of corruption route. There are sooooo many corruption oriented games on this site anyway. What makes this game somewhat unique and the reason it's gotten such a loyal fanbase so quickly is that it's for all intents an purposes an ANTI-corruption game where the MC DOESN'T fall to the hedonism and excess presented to him and doesn't intend to turn every girl he meets into a evil slut.

As for there being no "challenges" where failure is possible in the MC way those are apparently coming according to BD in the form of actual B-ball games. You will potentially be able to lose games which will have a major impact on the plot considering your coaches job is on the line already.

Last edited:

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Whoa, I closed this game immediately back when Day 1 version was released by looking at Jamie's face. I found her lips weird and too pouty in each and every frame. I had it in my watch list though and noticed too many good reviews it got, so I decided to give it another try and I'm so glad I did. It really a very well made game backed by a hard working dev. Don't get me wrong, I still find Jamie's face weird and I kinda rush through her content (but that's my personal preference and not dev's problem), but I love almost every other women in the game.
A couple of questions for Braindrop
Will we ever see Elizabeth as a redhead again? She was gorgeous with red hair. I mean she still is, but hey redheads right?
Also, do you have plans of making 3rd person POV during sex and mainly kissing scenes? I feel that 3rd person POV while kissing is much more turning on than first person.
I really loved the game and I wish you all the best!
#MAKELIZREDAGAIN :D

panzermaster

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you so much for the kind words. <3

Yeah, there's no sandbox planned. That was something old me put as a (I believe $500 goal?) on patreon because 1. I never thought I'd reach that amount. 2. If I ever did it would be a year or two into this.

I also should have never used the term sandbox, that was a mistake on my part. The plan in my mind was to have a system in which you decide your day. So lets say you wake up and you're prompted with the choice to either hit up a gym or sleep in? Do you go to class or do you skip? Do you train in the evening or do you go to a party?... Those choices paired with an interactive map where you pretty much just click the one you pick. It goes further than that but pretty much not at all what people thought I meant by it. There was never going to be a "Go to gym and spam spacebar and be loud as fuck for 30 seconds straight and now do that again another 50 times to see this scene.".

TL;DR: So yeah, we're sticking with solely choice based VN :)
Good decision, sandbox only work for game like corruption, Filf or Milfy city, game who have separated storyline where the plot of each scenario rarely interacts with each other, it works if the developper wants to give the player the choice to only follow with the character he wants to interact with. Which can be useful if there are characters you really don't care about, and allows you to do only what YOU want while also having repeatable everyday life "activities", that aspect of freedom is a huge plus...

BUT all of that said, it is way more time consuming to program and it also force the developper to not link all of those character storyline, since the order is chosen by the player it limits his possibilities.

For exemple, if the writer want to use a character for a side quest, BUT in the storyline he wants to have this character kidnaped or killed in the main quest, well then that side quest is lost. All that programming was made, yet only certain player are going to see it because the pacing of the storyline are chosen by the player and the events are not always made in a particular order.

IF it's linear the writer chooses when those events happen, then the side-characters can interract with each other as much as they want and it will make complete sense because the writer will choose when the events happens. I don't know if I am clear with that but I hope I did.

And there is also game who are sandbox while at the time having a very linear story, yes I am looking at you timestamp... Now I like this game, but it makes very little sense to have an open-world where you cannot do anything and only follow the main storyline. If that is the point, you better just make a linear story, it avoids ruining the pacing and it's not as time consuming.

Personally, in 70% of the case I prefer linear storyline for the ren'py games and I think you did the right choice.

215303j

I just posted my review:

Review version Day 1-3:

This is a seriously good game that in it's current version will give you about 4 hours of playtime, which I consider excellent since it's still a quite new game.

The girls look nice with a lot of diversity with regards to body types and personalities. What's more: the characters are well fleshed out and have quite a bit of depth to them. There are also quite a lot of side characters, some of which you can romance already, others maybe romanceable in the future. The game let's you choose quite clearly whether you want to pursue a girl or not, nobody is being forced out you (except your present GF (the small girl with the big brown eyes) but that's expected).

There is transgender content, which is optional, but if chosen is really well done in my opinion. This one of the few good games with such content.

There is no NTR in sight and the dev stated that he'll also not add any.

The MC is, for once, a genuine nice guy, who is respectful and patient to the women around him. There is no peeking in the bathroom, no sleep groping or any of that crap. He is a also a strong guy who will not take bullshit from others.

Which leaves me the negative part and the reason why I give "only" 4 stars and not 5. At first, I did a playthrough as a nice guy. I didn't cheat on my GF. Then I did a more "asshole" playthrough while skipping through the already seen text.

This gave me the following:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But, the overall story did not change. There were no negative consequences. I also felt that the decisions I made in the asshole playthrough were not really in-line with the MC's perceived character. Even the big scene at the end of day 3 didn't change, while it would have made a lot of sense if it did.

I realise that wildly divergent paths massively increase development time, but do hope that the dev at least changes the narrative (in future updates) and makes some consequences for bad behaviour.

js00906

Feb 21, 2019
Yeah, so I was a minority in my opinion. And don't get me wrong, people, I liked the game and I wasn't so much as asking for a pervert version of the MC with peeping and groping women, but a version of the MC who let's this stardom go to his head. Although I do see some plotholes in the game that should be biting the MC in the ass:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Braindrop

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Basically, I feel like the MC is a Mary Sue of a character and it makes him boring.
I don't disagree. That's actually a problem I have with a few games but it beats the hell out of playing some asshole going around blackmailing women and raping their family in their sleep, or the classic disgusting bad guy who manages to steal a wife without once having them talking about it to their husband or the fucking police.

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
So I freaking love the game as plot, characters and especially renders are great, first 3 days seems amazing to bookmark and wait for next days of the game. Well done.

But I have to agree to some people on the comments a bit. I understand that MC is nice and clean guy and even like a jesus who wants best for humanity and everyone. The issue is for me are his "inner thought" dialogues. If I want to be a bad playboy and choose the option, this thought dialogues tell how bad it is and how MC would never do that or this and its bad morally and girlfriend can be sad or all those stuffs. Please if I choose to cheat or do something bad just roll with it. Player doesn't need the moral preach about how bad his actions are. I literally got tilted and skipped some thought dialogues. Just let me a be bad boy, just don't talk about how awful my player choices are. A character who is cheating with every female should not talk about how it is bad for his girlfriend and her feelings. Stop preaching to players man.. If player picks a decision which is morally questionable just roll with it and make MC's character similar to a guy who DID choose those decisions. I don't need moral police breathing down on me every second in dialogues. If another character tells those stuff to MC its all good, but a guy who DOES those all actions should not have inner thoughts like that.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but this self-righteousness is overtuned and it is the biggest negative thing about the game for me. I still love the game overally and wishing all the best for you. Just needed to vent a little bit. I hope you can balance the personality of the MC regarding of his choices.

Like, instead of Elizabeth just becoming a good girl, you could have her be that bitch who only falls for a douchebag MC who is all about being the star of the show, not the leader of a team.
Agreed completely and also this part Elizabeth instantly changing into an angel was kind of funny tbh. At start MC thinks about even greeting her properly and has bad past but less than a day she becomes so important for MC who always defends him to his college president, also the girl turning into a saint from so called troublemaker for MC and her sister so quickly. I honestly did not care at first because her renders are amazing with such a face but when you take a time to look objectively her character progression seems weird.

Last edited:

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
With every episode become more and more interesting!

Do you plan to add background music during scenes or sound effects from car engine, birds to girly sounds like giggling, moaning, etc?
I've had a sound designer reach out to me and me and him were working on a few things but he had some real life issues pop up. So the answer is yes, just not sure exactly when they'll be implemented. :)

js00906

Feb 21, 2019
Yeah, I think you should have two paths, the leader and the star. The Leader is the guy we got now; loves his girlfriend and his friends and family, doesn't cheat (the best friend could be there as a love interested if you pick the right choices to convince the gf to be cool with it) and then you got The Star, who let's the game go to his head, he cheats (he can feel bad about it at first but the other basketball guy and Charles convince him that it's ok, and he deserves it) and acts like the world is his.

Right now, the choices in this game boil down to fuck the girl or don't; there are no real consequences for your actions, which makes the choices have no weight to them. Idk, just my complaint.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
For exemple, if the writer want to use a character for a side quest, BUT in the storyline he wants to have this character kidnaped or killed in the main quest, well then that side quest is lost. All that programming was made, yet only certain player are going to see it because the pacing of the storyline are chosen by the player and the events are not always made in a particular order.
I just want to comment on this little tidbit. The DeLuca Family manages to do these kind of things quite well while being both Linear and a Sandbox at the same time. There's side quests that need you to have progressed through the story before they get unlocked, and the opposite is true as well. You can only progress the story if you've done some of the side quests.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
So I feel like I'm a minority here in saying that I have issues with the game.

Basically, I feel like the MC is a Mary Sue of a character and it makes him boring. Like, he really is just perfect: Handsome, Hung, Greatest At Basketball, A Perfect Gentleman, ect. and he doesn't really have any flaws. Like, the sleep walking might be a minor flaw but really you use it as a plot device more than a flaw. And all these women just fall into his lap, without much struggle or chance at failing. I like the story concept but it's execution is kinda falling flat. I hate to say rewrite the whole game but maybe start building a flawed version of this character, maybe give the players the opportunity to make "douchebag" choices that effects his reputation and relationships with different girls. Like, instead of Elizabeth just becoming a good girl, you could have her be that bitch who only falls for a douchebag MC who is all about being the star of the show, not the leader of a team.
We have way too many games with MC as a complete asshole,we don't need another one.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I don't mind the way the MC is right now. Ya people see him as perfect with no flaws but his quote flaws are his quick tempter and his out spokeness which a lot of people can see as a flaw.

"EDIT" By any chance was emiko change ever take place ?

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes