• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Dec 18, 2019
I keep trying to install the Android Version, but every time I try it says "App not Installed."

I'm new to all this and Tech illiterate so any help would be great.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
I keep trying to install the Android Version, but every time I try it says "App not Installed."

I'm new to all this and Tech illiterate so any help would be great.
It's a known problem with file size limitations on android and at the moment only fixable by compressing the assets (as detailed here). All you can do for now is using the compressed apk linked in the OP. Have fun!

Reactions: BloodyFace

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
There wont ever be Azel content? Shes not his biological family and its not a case of 'landlady trololol patreon rules' either. He has a mother and she is not her. I find this a massive bummer - I could accept it if it goes against the story grains but she apparently dotes on him obsessively, has shown zero interest in other men but him and there is a spark there as shes way too close to not be interested to a degree somewhat in things going further. Aw this just straight up sucks lol.

Reactions: Alex Lem
Dec 18, 2019
It's a known problem with file size limitations on android and at the moment only fixable by compressing the assets (as detailed here). All you can do for now is using the compressed apk linked in the OP. Have fun!
yeah I've tried the compressed version and it doesn't work either.

the only thing I can think of is I've been saving it to Google Drive because everytime I try to put it in Interal/External storage the download fails.

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018

the only thing I can think of is I've been saving it to Google Drive because everytime I try to put it in Interal/External storage the download fails.
Mine failed to install too before deleting most of my apps before it worked. That's why I have an extra phone for just installing.

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018

Mine failed to install too before deleting most of my apps before it worked. That's why I have an extra phone for just installing.
Try to leave at least 5gb of internal space, i have android version installed without any issues

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
After reading info like this from yet another DEV (he said he worked too much under too high pressure for quality&quantity and need to slow down) I wonder if:
A) DEVs of successful games feel at some point they have enough fans supporting them financially that they can have easier life by slowly working less and providing less and less content, or
B) only DEVs who work too much at the beginning, putting insane amount of work into their game can really shine and gather support of players but eventually just need to work less because you are just a human.
That question always get back to me when I see that declaration from DEVs of popular and financially successful games.

Reactions: henry hopkin

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
After reading info like this from yet another DEV (he said he worked too much under too high pressure for quality&quantity and need to slow down) I wonder if:
A) DEVs of successful games feel at some point they have enough fans supporting them financially that they can have easier life by slowly working less and providing less and less content, or
B) only DEVs who work too much at the beginning, putting insane amount of work into their game can really shine and gather support of players but eventually just need to work less because you are just a human.
That question always get back to me when I see that declaration from DEVs of popular and financially successful games.
most likely option B, making games is hard, if coding wasn't hard enough, there is 3d modeling(2d drawing), posing, rendering, then comes the whole creativity needed to make a good compeling story, it is incredbly hard, and tiring, but for those who love it, it is fun as well, but everyone has a breaking point, and some people throw themselfs head first, witch makes them burn out faster, of course there is probably some(or more) that are part of option A, but as someone whom loves games, and making them(although in my case the depression burn me out faster than normal) i would like to belive there are more of option B.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
The support kinda exploded in their face ... The more people support you the more people you have to please.
I can see Devs slowly burning out by that amount of pressure, not only by the people but by themselfes.

henry hopkin

Jan 20, 2018
I'm hoping B, but it's looking like A. I'm not saying braindrop is one or the other, but more so in general it seems to be trending towards A at least for the few games I follow: Summertime has really long break in between releases; milfy city is... notorious at this point for doing exactly what your point A is saying, and more recently cheekygimp took like 6 months to release one of their updates for Where the Heart Is. So overall, it seems like it's trending towards option A and I hope this won't be the case for braindrop, but there are still good examples of development teams that are quite good at delivering good content at a consistent schedule like Mr. Dots and Daniels K.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Definitely B, from what I read about BD he's been putting in 80+ hour weeks for months.

That is not sustainable no matter how much you enjoy something, I've been putting in 50 hour weeks since the UK's lockdown and it's pretty much broken me, going home each night with a Buzz headache from over working, it's effected my quality of work, my concentration and ability to do my hobbies.

All it is going to do is make you hate the product and no one wants to see BD hate doing this.

Comparing his output to certain Dev's who appear on the top on the trending and you realise there is a difference between a break and leeching.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Braindrop

Jester41

Jun 26, 2019
Definitely B, from what I read about BD he's been putting in 80+ hour weeks for months.

That is not sustainable no matter how much you enjoy something, I've been putting in 50 hour weeks since the UK's lockdown and it's pretty much broken me, going home each night with a Buzz headache from over working, it's effected my quality of work, my concentration and ability to do my hobbies.

All it is going to do is make you hate the product and no one wants to see BD hate doing this.

Comparing his output to certain Dev's who appear on the top on the trending and you realise there is a difference between a break and leeching.
I have to agree with you on this as he has had a lot happen in the last couple of months that would stress anyone out and him feeling the need to push himself harder as his supporters grew, i can understand him wanting to push himself harder as his supporters grow, but he needs to understand they became supporters when he was doing the amount of work he was comfortable with, so he honestly needs to dial back the work hours to a comfortable level and the majority of his supporters will still be there for him, and he is definetly is not leeching as he has turned off Patreon payments until he is done with the much needed break he deserves.

Reactions: c3p0

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I hope this doesn't turn into another Milfy City where the dev burns out.
ICSTOR gets bored, half asses things and then starts something new all the while taking peoples money. Meanwhile Braindrop works 7 days a week on this game barely takes a break and always produces high quality content, despite everything thats happening to him. Then when it got too much, posted an announcement on patreon and paused billing for the month.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
ICSTOR gets bored, half asses things and then starts something new all the while taking peoples money. Meanwhile Braindrop works 7 days a week on this game barely takes a break and always produces high quality content, despite everything thats happening to him. Then when it got too much, posted an announcement on patreon and paused billing for the month.
Braindrop and MikeMasters, 2 devs who are more committed to their patrons than they probably deserve. Both have the moral fibre to refuse to accept money for work not delivered, actions that should be standard behaviour from devs but are in fact anomalous.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Braindrop and MikeMasters, 2 devs who are more committed to their patrons than they probably deserve. Both have the moral fibre to refuse to accept money for work not delivered, actions that should be standard behaviour from devs but are in fact anomalous.
I don't know about MikeMasters but BD has always been forthright, communicative, and hardworking. He's put the game before a lot in his life and I am glad he's taken a step back. The fact that he has the integrity to not take money when he isn't working is wonderful and sadly too rare. I am sure we'd all love to be playing the full week build of the game but I'd rather not if it means that BD spends some time away.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I don't know about MikeMasters but BD has always been forthright, communicative, and hardworking. He's put the game before a lot in his life and I am glad he's taken a step back. The fact that he has the integrity to not take money when he isn't working is wonderful and sadly too rare. I am sure we'd all love to be playing the full week build of the game but I'd rather not if it means that BD spends some time away.
MikeMasters makes College Life, he has, on at least 4 occasions, paused payments due to his inability to produce a worthwhile update. He regrets the loss of income but apparently considers taking money for work not delivered to be fraudulent.

Reactions: L30
3.70 star(s) 636 Votes