Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's so weird that he keeps up setting deadlines when he knows that he misses most of them. If I were in his shoes, I would only give any release date when all the renders and animations were 100% finished and most of the code was done. Even then I think at this point he would somehow still miss the deadline.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
How much content there is in the game now? I remember this was one of the first VN's I played, and can't quite remember how much time it took back then to go though it, but since it's taking so long to be completed, wanted to know if it is a very slow development or very long game?

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
It's so weird that he keeps up setting deadlines when he knows that he misses most of them. If I were in his shoes, I would only give any release date when all the renders and animations were 100% finished and most of the code was done. Even then I think at this point he would somehow still miss the deadline.
To be honest, I don't think he should set a date until it is ready to ship. Hell, wait until it is uploaded and all he has to do his share the link... THEN he can set a date. Any other time he has screwed it up and missed the date. (including his supposed issues with being able to upload).

I can only hope that one of these days, his patrons finally give up on him, and he gets the reality check he needs, and starts being honest.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Exactly!

With the first release of my game, I didn't give any specific date until I knew for sure. Before that, the closest that I gave was at the first of the month I said it would be that month, and even then it was still 3 weeks. (some of that was because I gave the game to Sancho before it came out so that his mod was ready the second the game thread came live that way it had a Sancho mod on the front page from day one.)

Looks like I learned at least one thing from Braindrop... not to lie about release dates.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
How much content there is in the game now? I remember this was one of the first VN's I played, and can't quite remember how much time it took back then to go though it, but since it's taking so long to be completed, wanted to know if it is a very slow development or very long game?
It is painfully slow development. There is a decent chunk of content to go through, most of it is reasonably well done. But releases are hard to come by, with tons of excuses why it's late.... if you enjoy some side drama, just his excuses are worth sticking around for.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
It is painfully slow development. There is a decent chunk of content to go through, most of it is reasonably well done. But releases are hard to come by, with tons of excuses why it's late.... if you enjoy some side drama, just his excuses are worth sticking around for.
Well, I at least hope the game will eventually be completed, now that I know it's slow development, I'm just going to wait until it's finished, it triggers me to not know the end of a story and have little peeks of content, so best for me is to keep myself out until the completed tag comes, or (let's hope not) the abandoned tag comes and I just unwatch it xD

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
the thing about that is he sets deadlines to keep the paypigs. I paid to play not the other way around I wasn't burning money every month to hear a violin story you drop an update you earn a sub for the month that's how I got down with BD personally
content-wise idk maybe 3 -5 hours depending on your reading speed. In terms of meaningful story progression zero. I mean shit happens but it's random AF with no rhyme or reason besides the fact that it's happening is why things occur in the game as of late there's no plot there is like at least 10-15 new all-female/trans characters and for zero reason besides the fact that the mc needs more holes to fill I guess.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
the thing about that is he sets deadlines to keep the paypigs. I paid to play not the other way around I wasn't burning money every month to hear a violin story you drop an update you earn a sub for the month that's how I got down with BD personally
I did pledge to a patreon once, and then he abandoned the game, so from that time, I literally only pay for completed games, I get that developing a game is not free, and they need to pay the bills, but since we have no guarantee that they're going to finish a project, I can't just give money for charity, sadly I'm not rich xD.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Well there is no cure for those people . Their "if you don't like it , just ignore it" mantra and behaviors are what usually help the worst practices and monetization schemes in gaming become commonplace . And only then , often they start complaining lol

Reactions: Easylovin84

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

content-wise idk maybe 3 -5 hours depending on your reading speed. In terms of meaningful story progression zero. I mean shit happens but it's random AF with no rhyme or reason besides the fact that it's happening is why things occur in the game as of late there's no plot there is like at least 10-15 new all-female/trans characters and for zero reason besides the fact that the mc needs more holes to fill I guess.
Thats an interesting way to approach it.. Just out of curiosity, do you do the same thing with the Devs that develope an entire chapter per update but only update every 4-6 months? Just wondering because some devs that drop updates monthly give you about 10-20 minutes of content, and keep you as a constant supporter, but then other devs drop an entire 2 hour chapter and only get your support for one month. Do you feel that the monthly small drop Devs are ripping you off? or do you support the bulk content devs at a higher level for that one month after the update?

Not screwing with you, as a Dev myself, I am seriously intrested in your thoughts on this...

Reactions: tslojr

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I did pledge to a patreon once, and then he abandoned the game, so from that time, I literally only pay for completed games, I get that developing a game is not free, and they need to pay the bills, but since we have no guarantee that they're going to finish a project, I can't just give money for charity, sadly I'm not rich xD.
It boils down to this, Your content vs your update regularity vs your credibility. Now some devs have only one of these traits going for them and are doing well, but I guarantee their game will be abandoned in the long run or wrapped up with no warning just slapped with the finished tag. There are probably maybe 10% (and I think that is generous) of aspiring devs on here that have all three of these things, That can take 6-7 months to drop an update while keeping you appraised of their progress and drop a FIRE ASS 2-3 hr update on you then say " yo brethren ima take a month off to myself maybe a month in a half to recharge hang with family, catch up on life I'll have another one ready by the 1st part of next year. And people are COOL with it, they understand and they support them during the on and off time why? Because their content is good, you know their release windows are twice a year and the length of content because they keep you informed during the development process. This shits not hard people from every walk of life understand shit sometimes happens because shit happens to them. But buddy here either think people just believe everything he says or that they're stupid. So he tricks people by giving release dates he, himself knows aren't realistic.

Reactions: Noid42 and Husmi

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
Thats an interesting way to approach it.. Just out of curiosity, do you do the same thing with the Devs that develope an entire chapter per update but only update every 4-6 months? Just wondering because some devs that drop updates monthly give you about 10-20 minutes of content, and keep you as a constant supporter, but then other devs drop an entire 2 hour chapter and only get your support for one month. Do you feel that the monthly small drop Devs are ripping you off? or do you support the bulk content devs at a higher level for that one month after the update?

Not screwing with you, as a Dev myself, I am seriously intrested in your thoughts on this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do actively support people based on these criteria. And I think if they're upfront with how they release content and do it with consistency and it's quality content then no I don't feel ripped off, I'll pay for something I like as long as I like it. And yes I do pay for what I think the content is worth in my subjective opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grif1001 and tslojr

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do actively support people based on these criteria. And I think if they're upfront with how they release content and do it with consistency and it's quality content then no I don't feel ripped off, I'll pay for something I like as long as I like it. And yes I do pay for what I think the content is worth in my subjective opinion anyway.
Thanks for your response!

MessiahRO

Dec 14, 2018
thank you for the update guys, took me a while to read all of these comments. and great update shit for brains, keep em coming. we all know how hard you are working on your updates which is why i support your deadlines, probably the best thing about this game.
p.s. don't listen to these haters.

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Funny thing is, a few times he made it sound like this is what he was doing. "I have X thousand renders ready! The update is here!" and then mysteriously would upload nothing for months. Then when he finally updated some content, it was only a fraction of what he'd announced months ago was already ready because the number he'd claimed was actually false.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I am not a sub so I am not too worried about when he releases the updates. I really like the game but he doesn't really make it easy on himself with him constantly missing deadlines.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain
3.70 star(s) 650 Votes