whity112

Feb 26, 2018
Yea dude deff has it made now, got a feeling he will only buckle down and grind when the Patreon drops too low for his liking. Until then he will keep doing this shit and will drop a update in a month or 2 then unpause for a awhile make enough to live a comfy year and then start the excuse list again
Its fucking crazy that there are people defending him if im not he has only had one update this year with 170 images or something

Shadow74

Jun 3, 2020
No wonder Braindrop can't finish the updates, he must spend hours looking up colors. Who has heard of the color Grullo before and why was it picked

First time I heard of that color too, but searching online I found this:

Grullo (pronounced GREW-yo) or grulla is a color of horses in the dun family, characterized by tan-gray or mouse-colored hairs on the body, often with shoulder and dorsal stripes and black barring on the lower legs. The genotype for grulla horses is a black base with dun dilution. In this coloration, each individual hair is mouse-colored, unlike a roan, which is composed of a mixture of dark and light hairs. The several shades of grulla are informally referred to with a variety of terms, including black dun, blue dun, slate grulla, silver grulla or light grulla, silver dun, or lobo dun. Silver grulla may also refer to a grulla horse with silver dapple, regardless of shade.

PoneyDun.jpg

Reactions: sj97531
Feb 2, 2024
Becoming a patron or subscriber is stating to look scary,
Can't you just pay for the month and start paying again when there's an update?
What forces people to pay every month or are they just too lazy to do it this way?
So in sense it's not the debs fault but ours.
Only way I can think of for an update on a regular basis the way it should be.

Last edited:

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Becoing a patron or subscriber is stating to look scary,
What forces people to pay every month or are they just too lazy to do it this way?
Patreon and SS are meant to support artists... you give them money to support them making their art. The means of keeping them honest on "promises", is to stop giving them money.

That's it.

A system to pay for the game is something like Itch, or Steam. You could absolutely sub for a month when a release comes out, and cancel it after, but "most" don't mind supporting an artist even without getting monthly content (assuming there is a base line amount of trust, and honest communication).

The problem you run into, as it's been stated over the last few pages, BD has a seemingly large amount of subs, who won't pull the plug on their support, likely because of the sunk cost fallacy.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Becoing a patron or subscriber is stating to look scary,
Are you aware that there are people who give huge donations regularly to youtubers or on twitch to people who just play games? That's it :WaitWhat: . They are not content creators, they are not those who actually create something, games, comics, or release really interesting videos where they do something interesting, NO, they just play games. And not just a couple of dollars as "Thanks for the nice atmosphere and being so positive, (or for the nice tits)" no, regular donation, or such a huge donations that make the roof go off, they are either millionaires, or they just gives all their money to those people as donations, for some crazy reason. This is absolute madness beyond understanding, this is not support, those who runs these streams does not need "support" they bought the best microphones and cameras, and cars a long time ago, AAAAND it's just madness to support a person who is not able to keep a promise even if his life or the lives of his family are at stake. Some people are just dumb, it's that simple.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Are you aware that there are people who give huge donations regularly to youtubers or on twitch to people who just play games? That's it :WaitWhat: . They are not content creators, they are not those who actually create something, games, comics, or release really interesting videos where they do something interesting, NO, they just play games.
Ummm nah that line of argument seems flawed . They are as much "content creators" than any host of any TV shows . They are the content themselves , and some actually put out some actually editing and/or thought behind their content , or some worthwhile commentary .

Now do i agree that too many idiots gets ultra para-social with them , and should not be giving huge donations , nor make them the center of their universe ? Hell yes .

EDIT : Also some of those streamers do put a limit to donations , as it also weird them out , or mostly don't like feeling like court jester beholden to the every whims of their viewers .

Last edited:

KiryuKazuma095

Apr 30, 2023
All you do is hate the DEV but hi is actually right to milk idiots. Look at things from his perspective - he have won his life already.
He invested time and effort few years ago and now he will have 10+ years of free money and permanent vacations just like ICSTOR.... All thanks to new people finding this project every day and old people sunk cost fallacy. He have game the system and won :D
All thanks for Patreon being greedy and majority of society being idiots ;)

EDIT:
just to add, he can work hard 8/10/12 hours a day and give big update every month or two. He will have little or no time for his hobbies, family and so on. He will be under stress, it will take toll on his health like on all people working normal job. And for what? Potentially to get 20/30/50k a month? What for? ELSE he can chill, travel the world, have all free time to do whatever he wants, relax, take care of his health and family and do not even log to Patreon for months. He don't need to create ANY update EVER, not spend single minute working and (based on experience of other DEVs on Patreon) he will still earn 10+k a month for years. And belive me in most places on this plannet that is enough for life of a king.
Personally i highly doubt that BD even works on his project/job more than 1-3 hours a week not a day.. If he worked like you said 8-10 hours a day like many other do he could deliver in time each update,giving dates and in the last minute saying there is a compiling error is not proffesional at all as for ". He don't need to create ANY update EVER, not spend single minute working and (based on experience of other DEVs on Patreon) he will still earn 10+k a month for years" that will stop happening when people that support his patreon pause their support forever

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
He does this to get his jollies, man... He does it 'cause he can... He does it 'cause he gets away with it... He does it 'cause it pays well and it's easy peasy and fun...

Reactions: pecard255

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
No more dates? Absolute silence? no justification?
That's how it goes usually. Make some promises, miss them, play the martyr, then radio silence, a few more dates, then 1-2 updates that are WAAAAY smaller than promised, then rinse and repeat. So far this seems to be the schedule for like 9-12 months.

Reactions: karumi56 and tslojr

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
... that will stop happening when people that support his patreon pause their support forever
You are optimist. In Patreon such games are being sponsored by many people who will not pause their support for years. Also new people join every month and it take them some time to understand this is scam. Look how long Braindrop was not giving updates - in that times still thousands of people supported him. He can just post some lies once or twice a year and still 3000+ patrons will pay...

Just like with ICSTOR - he was lying and milking for years with no update, not even post on Patreon and thousands of people still paid him every month. He can milk this project for thousands of $ every month for years before he will drop below 10.000$ a month.

This is Patreon Cancer - Patreon do not care if anything is created they just care if they get their $ share every month.

EDIT: As a side note - Patreon let DEVs lie and milk for years without any punishment. But try having some imaginary 2d characters in fictional world having relations that in real world between real people would be incest and you get banned instantly. Patreon have their priorities :HideThePain:

Reactions: AlexTorch

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
Personally i highly doubt that BD even works on his project/job more than 1-3 hours a week not a day.. If he worked like you said 8-10 hours a day like many other do he could deliver in time each update,giving dates and in the last minute saying there is a compiling error is not proffesional at all as for ". He don't need to create ANY update EVER, not spend single minute working and (based on experience of other DEVs on Patreon) he will still earn 10+k a month for years" that will stop happening when people that support his patreon pause their support forever
I think you are overestimating him with the 1-3 hours a week. I am srewing around in blender for a personal project, but you can make a full new/unique setting from scratch (and by that I mean house + backyard + pool and stuff like these, with furniture), with just the texture being download, in 2 weeks with that schedule, at worst. (Sure, not a masterpiece, but then at most double the time to make it pretty decent.) But he seems to be struggling every time a completely new setup is coming. (The match, the new house, etc, from the past examples.)

Feb 2, 2024
10K a month? No wonder updates are late.
All that time in only one game.
Imagine if he were to do 2 or 3 more games, he would be a millionare by now.
Makes me want to learn how to draw duck lips and start my own game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KiryuKazuma095
3.70 star(s) 650 Votes