l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Question for the dev, would it be hard to implement a way to resize the UI font size?
I messed around a bit with vmin in the html file, but I'm worried about breaking stuff since I have no idea what the hell I'm doing!
Well I'm sorry to say that I also don't know what the hell I'm doing - had to learn CSS from scratch when making this game! And a lot of the font size is super fiddly... but if any CSS whiz wants to discuss some potential upgrades I would be VERY happy to listen...

Reactions: jog

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
If the patch is only to the HTML file, would be cool if you could upload that for bugfixes
I have done that in the past, but I get burned by so many people asking me the difference between all the patches - having two seems to be the maximum people can handle without crucifying me over the number of downloads lol.

Reactions: Donny Ranistvenich

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Thx for the reply but there's no such path where my Firefox is installed. I'v switched to Edge and it's running okay for now. My ol' toaster's vents are blowing hard though, dunno if it's due to the change of browser or the new version.
I'm using portable version of firefox, so probably in your case such folder somewhere in "users/***/AppData/" folder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr.Sloth

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
l1lym can't name it as bug, but in secretary work sex scene with coworkers can lead to (one of cum scenes):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after blowjob scene with his maximum pleasure. Looks weird cause they didn't had sex.

Nanoboto

Aug 6, 2017
The resistance pill only triggers when masturbating. Having multiple orgasms during sex, didn't generate any side effects for me, despite the warning "if you orgasm now, you will experience side effects". Am i misunderstandig the pill?

Edit: it was some mod meddling with it.

Last edited:

Newone92

Nov 2, 2022
Bruce with resistance pill is bugged he appears to any further resistance pills taken after first one with bet expires

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
A little bug, if you rent the red hair girl body, NPC's use your male first name.
Mods that add girls and girls' interactions to the bar scenes seem to function better with 0.19. Hope you'll make them part of your game.
You seemed to have fixed the loading issue, and the mod-loader too.

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
Not a huge fan of the direction of the step-dad Content at moment and am hoping for a slight QoL here.
my issue: Step-dad content is 100% locked behind the secretary job.
To trigger event : take secretary job, get enough points for massage, do massage content and then now comes my issue.

Dad Content ATM is fail-able, even with cheats.
it's also progression based on top of this, meaning in order to advance forward and see the new content; you have to progress through an entire job run, (auto work if needed), blaze through the massage event, just to get to Dad content and still have a RNG roll for being caught and failing, and once enough progression has been made, the Dad multi-choice content is skipped in favor of a "don't wake sister" scene.

most of this patch has been handled remarkably, credit where credit is due, this is a great patch, I just feel the game play loop for Dad Content with an RNG failstate is a bit disheartening.

Dad being able to kick Dates out is also a fun treat, my only issue with this is : There is no "+1 To Step-dad Dominance" option for us dirty cheaters (there is however 2 options for "+1 respect").

My suggestion for secretary dad content would be, allowing for cheater to auto-win skill check in progression scene, and/or allowing a salon/new-u choice to become available for advancing content without needing to do secretary everytime (maybe 3times? like the pill check for secretary "check body" scene). Just a light QoL to trigger those scenes easier, and not have to savescum a day just to hope for good rng.

(also maybe a scene for step-dad after club fun once dom is high enough? or a dad-based spiking event? so many options....)

Again, phenomenal work on the update and keep up the amazing work, it's been a blast playing through each update.

Reactions: JohnSoprano

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
I both love and hate this update.

Love the fact that finally there's something with the step dad.

But that secretary work drives me nuts. I hate it with a passion. Too many forced variables to being molested at work with no way to get out of it. That wordle mini game with no way to disable it. And needing to click through for hundreds of times through that spa thing, just to get home to hopefully progress a bit with step dad.
Agreed. Secretary job needs the ability to skip the bs and just end the day with a small amount of points.

Sipheres

Jan 31, 2022
I both love and hate this update.

Love the fact that finally there's something with the step dad.

But that secretary work drives me nuts. I hate it with a passion. Too many forced variables to being molested at work with no way to get out of it. That wordle mini game with no way to disable it. And needing to click through for hundreds of times through that spa thing, just to get home to hopefully progress a bit with step dad.
totally agree, the secretary job has to go! it is so unbelievable frustrating implemented and honestly takes all my joy away from the last update.

Reactions: bcool

miyuki25

Apr 24, 2019
most of this patch has been handled remarkably, credit where credit is due, this is a great patch, I just feel the game play loop for Dad Content with an RNG failstate is a bit disheartening.
If you get caught you can refresh the page and it will take you back to the start of the stepdad event.

Dad being able to kick Dates out is also a fun treat, my only issue with this is : There is no "+1 To Step-dad Dominance" option for us dirty cheaters (there is however 2 options for "+1 respect").
Using your browser's console (typically F12 to open), type Harlowe.API_ACCESS.STATE.variables.relationships.get("stepdad").set("dom", 0), changing 0 to the desired value.

Ironically, my problem was actually that I never got to see the content in the stepdad multi-choice part (pool/working/the other thing) as my stats were already such that it skipped to sex the very first time I was given the choice.

Reactions: samkazk

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
I don't dislike the secretary event as an option for the game. There is a lot of potential in it, and it makes total sense from a lore perspective. (also OP loves the curvaceous beauty.). the only issue I have with this update is the loop the is required each time gets a bit monotonous.

I was absolutely looking forward to this patch (as I do every update, to be fair), it delivered a little rough around the edges.

navato

Nov 29, 2021
Is it possible to unlock the secretary job, if you started out as a salesman? I want to play the new content, but I prefer not to start, from scratch again.
If I had a long enough losing streak with my leads would that do it, or would that just get me demoted? I was going to test that myself, but I keep accidentally succeeding them.

miyuki25

Apr 24, 2019
Is it possible to unlock the secretary job, if you started out as a salesman? I want to play the new content, but I prefer not to start, from scratch again.
If I had a long enough losing streak with my leads would that do it, or would that just get me demoted? I was going to test that myself, but I keep accidentally succeeding them.
  • You miss 5 sales in a row - your commission is lowered by 2% until you work as a secretary to restore it
  • You can also work as a secretary as a product demo
  • You can also just work as a secretary whenever you want after you do it once for one of the previous two reasons!

Reactions: navato
4.60 star(s) 87 Votes