Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It's in base64, encoded in little-endian UTF-16. You can use a site like , and copy the big text block. Under "Source character set" select "UTF-16LE" (LE = Little Endian), and as you can see in the screenshot below, it becomes human readable.

You should then be able to edit and re-encode it by the same method.

View attachment 1694715
Wait, so... I've never tried editing a save before.
I tried to follow what you post there, and all I get in the "decoded" window is a crapton of chinese characters... I did pay attention to select the right thing, but... I don't get it... Am i missing something obvious, or...?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
I tried to follow what you post there, and all I get in the "decoded" window is a crapton of chinese characters... I did pay attention to select the right thing, but... I don't get it... Am i missing something obvious, or...?
It's UTF-8. They probably changed the encoding format.

biker621

Mar 29, 2019
Ran into the same problem, when copying do NOT include the first lines. Start with the WwB7, that worked for me. Chek the attachment
https://f95zone.to/attachments/1694715/

Reactions: Rutonat
Aug 9, 2019
Tried this for a while and couldn't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
It should work as instructed for the online version (I didn't try it, sorry!) - but if you're trying on the downloaded version, you need to go to Local Storage instead of the Session one, and pick the correct slot. You might have lots of other saves from other games in there, so make sure the key is something like " (Saved Game bunch of numbers) Slot A/B/C "

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well, the save doesn't work. I don't get it.
Not only the modifications don't work, but trying to load them actually loads another game than the one I tried modifying (at least if the names in the decoded save are any clue)...

Aug 9, 2019
Well, it isn't. It didn't work with it (even correcting the other issue), but the 16LE worked.
That's odd. On 0.15, my export on UTF-16LE produced chinese characters. UTF-8 worked as expected.

Well, the save doesn't work. I don't get it.
Not only the modifications don't work, but trying to load them actually loads another game than the one I tried modifying (at least if the names in the decoded save are any clue)...
Use the method provided by post #555

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Use the method provided by post #555
I would if I could, but I don't get that kind of window, nor do I get the right options to, sooo...

Edit : Wait, I might have found it, actually, just not the same way...
Yeah, I can go so far as to copy the stuff, but can't paste it over afterwards, apparently...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: FallGuyMcFly

CypherXXX

May 17, 2017
A great base game so far. Hopefully, we will get to see more interactions with the step-family as both male + female. I would like to see more random sexual encounters rather than just fellatio. It would also be a nice touch to add a glory hole to the bar for more scenes.

Reactions: asFGSGASgass

asFGSGASgass

Jun 8, 2020
A great base game so far. Hopefully, we will get to see more interactions with the step-family as both male + female. I would like to see more random sexual encounters rather than just fellatio. It would also be a nice touch to add a glory hole to the bar for more scenes.
ye, that would be great

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Just because of this fucking mini games, where you have to place this fucking letter in the right order. The game goes into oblivion. Dear developer think when you create your games that some people don't speak a fucking English word, in this one we have the total. The first one you have to put the letters in the right order and if there is a timer it becomes impossible.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Just because of this fucking mini games, where you have to place this fucking letter in the right order. The game goes into oblivion. Dear developer think when you create your games that some people don't speak a fucking English word, in this one we have the total. The first one you have to put the letters in the right order and if there is a timer it becomes impossible.
Erm... So you have the beginning of a sentence in the middle of the video that plays, you're supposed to complete the sentence, not use every word.

Also... Why the hell would someone who "don't speak a fucking english word" play a game that's written in "fucking english" in the first place ?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
This and more. Sometimes you don't need all the words and can still form a reasonable sentence but not the one that is required.

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
love the new scenes can't wait for them to be able to replay and for them to be implemented in the rest of the game

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Bro the game is in English calm down. Don't like it don't play it.

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not6 a huge fan of the X-Change universe, but there was a lot to like in this game. The overall play, the sales minigame, the blackjack minigame when playing blackjack, the clothing... all of thise worked. The other mingames... did not. Identifying penises is so far from my thing that I lol'ed when I got to that minigame. The twitch minigames were hugely annoying (as they always are, to me). Blackjack minigames for the sake of minigames didn't do it for me. BUT (and this is a significant but) the dev wisely chose to allow the player to bypass the minigames in favoor of skill checks, so all is right with the world. Bravo to them for that choice.

The only real complaint with the game was that blowjobs were the only sex. I love getting blowjobs, but I don't love watching them. Those scenes where the female protagonist is too aroused to turn down sex would have worked if the game's idea of a sexual encounter wasn't a highly aroused woman giving a guy a blowie and then running home to masturbate. I'm hoping that that was because the images for actual sex-sex just aren't incorporated yet (the independent scenes have sex-sex).

I'm crossing my fingers for this to turn into something really good.

May 31, 2019
I'm not6 a huge fan of the X-Change universe, but there was a lot to like in this game. The overall play, the sales minigame, the blackjack minigame when playing blackjack, the clothing... all of thise worked. The other mingames... did not. Identifying penises is so far from my thing that I lol'ed when I got to that minigame. The twitch minigames were hugely annoying (as they always are, to me). Blackjack minigames for the sake of minigames didn't do it for me. BUT (and this is a significant but) the dev wisely chose to allow the player to bypass the minigames in favoor of skill checks, so all is right with the world. Bravo to them for that choice.

The only real complaint with the game was that blowjobs were the only sex. I love getting blowjobs, but I don't love watching them. Those scenes where the female protagonist is too aroused to turn down sex would have worked if the game's idea of a sexual encounter wasn't a highly aroused woman giving a guy a blowie and then running home to masturbate. I'm hoping that that was because the images for actual sex-sex just aren't incorporated yet (the independent scenes have sex-sex).

I'm crossing my fingers for this to turn into something really good.
I'm quoting you in this, but really this is a response for a lot of the people in the thread.
The thing to remember is that the game is still an EXTREMELY early release, despite the amount of quality and polish.
The quality and polish of the game makes it seem like it should be further along than it actually is, but essentially, right now, the game is just a testbed for the mechanics the dev is adding. To use a game-dev term, XCL at this point is a vertical slice of what the game could be a year or two down the line. The game is a prototype still.
The systems that are there currently are there to test how they work, and implement them, with the intention of building out the rest of the game's systems as time goes on. Really, to put it bluntly, if the dev released the game in a more typical manner the game would probably still be under-wraps for another year before anyone would play the alpha.
That's not to say that what's there is bad, in fact it's far from it. The quality of the game is honestly held to such a high level of standards it should be commended. But I see a lot of people expecting a lot more from the game right now than they should, simply for the fact that there's a public build, and the quality is so high.

To use a dumb example; From the standpoint of baby to adult, with an adult representing a finished, 1.0 game, the game is still a 3-month old newborn that people are confusing for a toddler, and expecting that baby to be walking and talking.

The game's just not there yet, but the dev was nice enough to take us along for the ride in the early development process.
Was it a good idea? That's not really my call to make, but I do think it's important for people to recognize the extremely early state of the game and temper expectations for now. Put ideas out there sure, offer commentary, but don't expect the world and criticize that the game doesn't offer it just yet.
I know you can put up the argument that "game-name-here is in alpha/beta and it does x or y!" but I really think that this game is a real exception to the usual game development process, and the way its released and being publicly developed like this in such a prototype stage is very atypical. And I think it's important for people to at least on some level recognize that before jumping to conclusions about a game that hasn't even really started.

To put it simply, this game is EARLY early-access with the quality and polish of a late alpha. Cut it a bit of slack, grab some popcorn and good seats, and watch the show.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes