Boucherus

Aug 23, 2018
Really enjoying the game so far. But there is a gameplay issue I am encountering with my preferred playstyle. I am going for a prostitution type route, where I try to unlock every outfit without ever taking on the job with the pill company. I make all the money from the random encounters you get by loitering. But what is really frustrating is that some of the stealth checks are just hard RNG with no outplay. It would be nice if you could choose to play a minigame instead for the ones where currently it just always rolls the dice.
You can disable the getting caught feature in the game menu, but I agree it'd be nice to see it reworked

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
You can disable the getting caught feature in the game menu, but I agree it'd be nice to see it reworked
I agree with this overall... in the next update, getting caught is disabled once you start contributing enough to household expenses. I also have been thinking about giving the player a resource of some kind to modify dice rolls or something, similar to DnD when you have advantage or expend resources to reroll. Idk, or some really really short type of minigame that doesn't take much effort.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Weird. I never get caught at home. Always seem to have a good relationship with the stepdad and stepsis for whatever reasons. Well, I always let her tag along to the mall, so thats probably the reason why she likes me. No idea as to why the stepdad likes me.

tappitytaptap

Apr 11, 2021
maybe i'm not looking, but i can't seem to find that feature? i don't want to disable minigames altogether
In Game Settings, just below the 'Fullscreen mode' tickbox, is a little 'green box' (iirc it's a tiny computer screen). Click on it to bring up more options. In this new list, under 'Gameplay', you should see the 'Getting Caught Disabled: False' option. Click to set to True. Getting caught is then disabled.

friendlyhelper

Mar 28, 2021
In Game Settings, just below the 'Fullscreen mode' tickbox, is a little 'green box' (iirc it's a tiny computer screen). Click on it to bring up more options. In this new list, under 'Gameplay', you should see the 'Getting Caught Disabled: False' option. Click to set to True. Getting caught is then disabled.
Ohh, I didn't realize you meant one of the cheats.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Weird. I never get caught at home. Always seem to have a good relationship with the stepdad and stepsis for whatever reasons. Well, I always let her tag along to the mall, so thats probably the reason why she likes me. No idea as to why the stepdad likes me.
There's a lot of little things that affect the chance. If you bring a guy over the house with a bad or nasty personality (I know this is kind of hard to tell at the moment), or if the guy is really old, basically your stepdad will have a higher chance of disapproving of him, and the chance of him interrupting will increase. If you wear a bunch of slutty clothes around the house, don't contribute to rent, etc... over time the chance will go up too.

And yeah, letting Alexia tag along, buying her coffee sometimes, stuff like that, will make her slowly like you more over time and will contribute to the lower chance. There's going to be a lot more control points to these relationships later, where you'll be able to intentionally hang out with your family members, and maintaining a good relationship will have all sorts of little positive effects here and there. For instance now if you have a good relationship, they have a higher chance of being supportive when you're pregnant and making the process mentally easier on you.

cryosis431

Jul 26, 2019
I agree with this overall... in the next update, getting caught is disabled once you start contributing enough to household expenses. I also have been thinking about giving the player a resource of some kind to modify dice rolls or something, similar to DnD when you have advantage or expend resources to reroll. Idk, or some really really short type of minigame that doesn't take much effort.
That resource sounds like a great idea, especially if the gaining and losing of it can be tied to events similar to how you lose intelligence per orgasm during that one sales demo. It'd tie in the stakes of winning/losing at whatever you're trying to do to a tangible benefit for the player, while also allowing players to skip minigames they don't like (I personally hate that tile flipping thing) without being forced to cheat.

Reactions: l1lym

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Well, good things take time ;)
Trying to remember when her wedding took place because I swear it was within those two months. But hey, I've been a patron for nearly a year now and maybe played the game for like 20 mins in the last two months. And for those from way back in this thread, I was being the clothes horse again and checking-out all the new outfits just added in the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: l1lym

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah sorry it's been really busy since I got married a couple weeks ago. And honeymoon is next week, so it probably will only be the following week that the playtest will start rolling out.

And I cannot promise that everyone will like every update, so it's possible not everyone will like the higher degree of focus on progression mechanics in the next update. *But* the modding scenes is popping at the moment, so that's one place to go if you're looking to try out new content.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
How dare you get married and go on a honeymoon and not update the game for all of us! (kidding, of course)

Thanks for all the work you have done to this point on this game. It really is shaping up very nicely. It's now one of my favorite games to play and keep track of the progress of. The updates will happen when they happen. Best of luck to you and enjoy your honeymoon!

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Running into a lot of bugs on this version.

Every time I play the gag reflex mini game, even when I win it she winds up getting a cum stain on her clothes. And you can't wash them. I selected to help with expenses but still get the message that she has to contribute $25. ???

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
She says "marriage" and "honeymoon" but I'm hearing research for future updates for the game. ;)

But actually thinking about it, it would be fun to have a path where our hero gets taken out by old friends that aren't big on x-changes where he doses them all and ends-up having both a bachelor and bachelorette party.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Running into a lot of bugs on this version.

Every time I play the gag reflex mini game, even when I win it she winds up getting a cum stain on her clothes. And you can't wash them. I selected to help with expenses but still get the message that she has to contribute $25. ???
Any chance you could send me the save file for that? Sounds like something's off...
She says "marriage" and "honeymoon" but I'm hearing research for future updates for the game. ;)

But actually thinking about it, it would be fun to have a path where our hero gets taken out by old friends that aren't big on x-changes where he doses them all and ends-up having both a bachelor and bachelorette party.
I'm blessed because my spouse is an avid X-Change Life supporter, so yes it is only going to aid... "research" purposes lol. A lot of NSFW devs have to hide their development, but one nice thing about my partner is I can be totally upfront about what I'm working on, and they help me out too.

There's definitely going to be plot factors where people from "out of state" visit the MC in summer city, not quite figured out how that will work. But there is definitely some hotness to explore with that...

friendlyhelper

Mar 28, 2021
On another note: the arousal stat's prohibitive features feel a bit unsatisfying to me. It's fun that once you become too aroused it gets difficult to say no, but I don't think you should have to "farm" arousal before you can agree to an encounter. Especially if you would like to negotiate a higher price.

TritonSands

Mar 7, 2020
To Aphrodite.. I was just wondering if there's a banner advertising X-Change Life I could maybe put in my signature here in the forum,I couldn't find any.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes