l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I'd advise you come to the discord where all the modders are at !

Reactions: Nexus_07

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
I understand that perspective but it's meant to be a rare event that takes you by surprise at an unexpected time, rather than something the player triggers. I'm sure it's considered shitty game design by many but I enjoy it being that way.
I understand that is a rare event.
But you should add a initial countdown counter for the very first time it should occur.
e.g.
if sister joins the mall for the 9th (or whatever number you like) time and has not being triggered then it should get a 100% chance to trigger during the next visit (10th in this example)

-------------------
Another logic that I do not get is the experience gain system.
e.g.
average personality with charm 2, fit 2 and intel 2 (0 max limit) => multiplier = 2.13x
But
average personality with charm 2, fit 2 and intel 2 (+3 max limit) => multiplier = 1.68x

You allow the players to change the max limit and make it way harder to level up...

I really do not understand the logic behind this.
I could get adding a penalty exp for overriding the default max level but should be used only if the default max level is reached and not from level 2.
edit: as it is now is like mocking the player... You allow him/her to change the max exp level but at the same time you make the game grindy as hell.

Last edited:

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
I understand that perspective but it's meant to be a rare event that takes you by surprise at an unexpected time, rather than something the player triggers. I'm sure it's considered shitty game design by many but I enjoy it being that way.
No it is not... life sim games are nightmare for perfectionists :ROFLMAO: So do not be concerned cause it is the reason that they glued to the game like flies...:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: l1lym

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
But you should add a initial countdown counter for the very first time it should occur.
e.g.
if sister joins the mall for the 9th (or whatever number you like) time and has not being triggered then it should get a 100% chance to trigger during the next visit (10th in this example)

-------------------
e.g.
average personality with charm 2, fit 2 and intel 2 (0 max limit) => multiplier = 2.13x
But
average personality with charm 2, fit 2 and intel 2 (+3 max limit) => multiplier = 1.68x

You allow the players to change the max limit and make it way harder to level up...

I could get adding a penalty exp for overriding the default max level but should be used only if the default max level is reached and not from level 2.
Limiting the character’s level during gameplayis a way to make the game more difficult for players, but buffs their XP multiplier so they will gain skills faster despite having lower attributes.

In general, as your starting attributes go down / handicaps go up, your XP multiplier goes up.

Reactions: Jimthesim

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
e.g.

-------------------
e.g.
But

edit: as it is now is like mocking the player... You allow him/her to change the max exp level but at the same time you make the game grindy as hell.
The reason you search is at the mall Mutatio. ->leads to fast xp +high end esence need vs slow but stedy xp
Any on in between is tad masochist.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Limiting the character’s level during gameplayis a way to make the game more difficult for players, but buffs their XP multiplier so they will gain skills faster despite having lower attributes.

In general, as your starting attributes go down / handicaps go up, your XP multiplier goes up.
This, I understand it partially...
(gaining experience in e.g. fitness makes it harder to gain experience in intelligence or charm and vice-versa, defies logic. I would expect gaining experience in fitness to make harder to level up fitness and not the but anyway it's a tranfrormation game so logic does not have place :) )
But I was not asking that. I'm saying that you should apply the "moded" multiplier only on eg. levels 8,9 and 10 (for the average personality) and keep the default mutiplier as is for levels 1-7.
The reason you search is at the mall Mutatio. ->leads to fast xp +high end esence need vs slow but stedy xp
Any on in between is tad masochist.
Mutatio and cheats were created because some settings are unbalanced and yes can be fun, but at the same time make the gameplay experience not that great. With the same logic I could make a small mod to click and trigger the event you want but it would not be a sandbox game anymore but a visual novel...

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
This, I understand it partially...
(gaining experience in e.g. fitness makes it harder to gain experience in intelligence or charm and vice-versa, defies logic. I would expect gaining experience in fitness to make harder to level up fitness and not the but anyway it's a tranfrormation game so logic does not have place :) )
But I was not asking that. I'm saying that you should apply the "moded" multiplier only on eg. levels 8,9 and 10 (for the average personality) and keep the default mutiplier as is for levels 1-7.

Mutatio and cheats were created because some settings are unbalanced and yes can be fun, but at the same time make the gameplay experience not that great. With the same logic I could make a small mod to click and trigger the event you want but it would not be a sandbox game anymore but a visual novel...
It is not a cheat at all! Different ways to reach the top makes things more interesting.
Not balanced? Are you for real or unaware of booster drinks outfits with bonus+ accessories with bonus.
Only fools struggle in the base game... most mods make the game more challenging.
Al be it the wiki needs an update for noobs.
Ps:for noobs
At the office rest room you can buy 3 good quality leads... you want to buy the bigger one.... using them you can advance faster /gain xp faster
stocking up on drinks will help you a lot if needed, at the mall you can buy a watch for boost(you have to equip it) If you are a woman you can reach high charm fast with 5 outfit (for 5 days) and a suitable bag.
Update your desk whenever you can.
If you are still struggling then you can literally fuck leads out of your coworkers while you are female.
So it is not the game that is 'hard'...
For sales... consult with your coworkers for hints... and READ THE DAMN PILL DESCRIPTIONS

Last edited:

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
Ppl sometimes complaining about hard start(they want high xp rate) why is there at all... for you to come out of your comfort zone ... it may not the devs intention but it is what elevated a good game to a great one.;)

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Ppl sometimes complaining about hard start(they want high xp rate) why is there at all... for you to come out of your comfort zone ... it may not the devs intention but it is what elevated a good game to a great one.;)
I know for sure our beloved Dev didn't think someone would be on Day 10 with a single Resistance Pill and have a -300% to XP.

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
I know for sure our beloved Dev didn't think someone would be on Day 10 with a single Resistance Pill and have a -300% to XP.
Well if you are not on a mod then you can simply wait it out... even if you lost gamble and have forced visit... a nice loooong bj all it takes.
resistance pills 7 days + orgasm penalty so if you start with high stats you will loose some al as you have the stats to avoid it in the first place.
also i said that it helps if you have drinks at stock(for stats and in this case action points to evade)
Be in mind that the spike mod can be called challenging at min and brutal at most so experienced payers and cheaters only.
Also for you to be drugged at work day 10... well... your character has a slutty reputation.
Ps there is a drink for calming down so you are not trapped at high lust.
pps stats cannot go bellow 3 (unless bimbo pill) during decay
Also watching interesting films/chating with alexa reading a book can prevent stat loss without any risk...
So the game needs extended wiki so lazy ppl do not shout B.S.

Last edited:

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
I'm just seeing how long I can keep going down this rabbit hole. Can't make a sale to save my life, so most of my effort is going into being the best damn Secretary there can be!

Right now, trying to lose five sales in a role cus I forgot what happens.

Jan 22, 2022
Did you get rid of the interaction where the stepdad steals you from a potential date? I haven't been able to trigger it lately, no matter how high I drive up his Attraction and Dominance stats.

RockType

Oct 15, 2017
I'm just seeing how long I can keep going down this rabbit hole. Can't make a sale to save my life, so most of my effort is going into being the best damn Secretary there can be!

Just toss 5 leads?

cumthos

May 26, 2018
Can anything be done about the warehouse tetris minigame? It gets harder to win after failure and then its almost impossible to beat

Snoopy_H

May 30, 2018
ok, so I downloaded java and some mods;
if i open the loader it opens something in a new window and immediatly closes it, any idea?

also ( i tried the mod loader guide but some parts of the guide are not correct for windows)

Last edited:

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018

what happens after missing5 sales in row? Secretary work.
There is a new part where you ask for better desk prematurely(secretary tf)

Nobody44773

Feb 5, 2019
ok, so I downloaded java and some mods;
if i open the loader it opens something in a new window and immediatly closes it, any idea?

also ( i tried the mod loader guide but some parts of the guide are not correct for windows)
Had a similiar problem then I updated my Java installation.
Tried several things and turns out that the .jar extension wasn´t properly associated with Java.
Then found the Program Jarfix 3.0.0 that fixed the Problem for me.
So maybe it will help with your problem too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Snoopy_H
4.60 star(s) 94 Votes