GreedOfTheFool

Apr 1, 2018
I get an error when loading a save from Ch 2.0 in Ch 2.2

An error occurred. My apologies, this should not happen :-(

Save game could not get loaded Error: An error occurred. My apologies, this should not happen :-(

Missing required variable!

Error at Object.error (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/js/scripts-v22.js:17631:46) at Object.verifyAvailable (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/js/scripts-v22.js:17623:19) at Object.loadGameFromJSON (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/js/scripts-v22.js:55139:17) at klass.load (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/js/scripts-v22.js:67523:22) at klass.saveLoad (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/js/scripts-v22.js:67495:12) at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (file:///E:/Fav%20Games/xxxivilization-sd-22/index.html:1:22)
Game version: 22

Game version: 22

decker2

Jul 6, 2017

says it's the biggest update 25+ cg and new events interesting:)
is someone here a patreon?

OwlBeer

Jun 5, 2018
there mention of bad ends? i not seen any of them what bad ends are there?
As far as I know, version 2.2 have two BE - both happens if one of the factions have high influence and low sentiment. I.e. one for Inquisition and another for Cults.

Changelog 2.3 mentioned another two - for too low happiness and too low religiousness.

doomdoging1

Nov 2, 2018
how do you trigger these and what happens? as i tryed to mess with a faction to see what would happen and nothing did

Last edited:

user84

Jul 21, 2017
same so far I haven't ever seen a bad end even with influence maxed and influence would increase with sentiment making high influence low sentiment impossible.

OwlBeer

Jun 5, 2018
Sorry, but I didn't reach any, because I had only one 2.2 run - deleted my saves accidentally and now waiting for 2.3 to start a new game.

making high influence low sentiment impossible.
Nothing impossible, just long and boring. Look: "Forbidden (death)" law give -20 to Sentiment and -5 to Power. And "Allowed" give +5 to Sentiment and +2 to Power. So, three weeks of Allowed will give +15 S and +6 P.
I.e. you can, over four weeks, get -5 S and +1 P. As I said - long and boring, but possible.
Don't remember exact amounts about Inquisition-related laws, but iirc it's even easier.

Last edited:

Sandman341

Aug 18, 2019
Can't believe i found this game now. It's really fun. I'm playing chapter 1. I didn't know what chapter to start on so i went for foe the first. I do have a question though, How do i use the dungeon? i have it built but I don't see any where to interact with my prisoners. Like the brothel got it's own button.

OwlBeer

Jun 5, 2018
How do i use the dungeon? i have it built but I don't see any where to interact with my prisoners. Like the brothel got it's own button.
When you point your cursor on the "City" button (without clicking), new buttons will appears near, as a drop-down menu: Dungeon, Arena and Makeover Salon. Of course, they appears only if you have that buildings.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Do Windmills and Production outpost stack? is there a limit? do I just need one?
I vaguely remember messing around with this in 2.1, and Windmills have a limit (3-4, maybe 5? Sod my memory) beyond which their production bonus loses to straight-up production gain from farms.

Save the game, play around with replacing farms with windmills, see at which point you get more food from keeping fully-upgraded farm than dumping a windmill over it. TBH, didn't seem worth the effort much - the game hardly requires that level of minmaxing.

Guess you could also look at the code directly and do the mafs yourself, if you're that kind of deviant. Yuck.

Do wish there was a bit more depth to the game. Fun early on to figure things out, but once I did, quickly lost interest. Maybe 2.2 improved some things, but the fact that decrees had just cosmetic effects that did not translate into actual game mechanics was a big bleeh.

Combat units having straightforward progression was pretty underwhelming, too. Wish you could do something to take that starting-game top=tier veteran you had in your army for ages and make them better than insta-hire superior tier unit.

Still, thanks for the fun I did have, hw2121, and I definitely did enjoy playing (never did get around sounding far more critical than I intend to in communication). :)

Reactions: OwlBeer
4.00 star(s) 24 Votes