1.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Ame

Mar 24, 2020
I suppose that the pandemic dried up Yanderedev's pockets and that is why he began to make some progress on this project, already canceled for many xD, thanks for uploading it!

Irotypo

May 9, 2019
Its sadly real... 2:07:41
If you're gonna link a video, at least link the newer one, not the old one where the creator himself says he said things that were incorrect.

proxysniper

Oct 10, 2017
I've heard that, the product of a less experienced dev, no doubt. Like I said, I am having no problems. Furthermore, I DID have a problem with performance on my potato, so the PC build does have quite an impact. I don't get below 35 frames and it usually stays in the 40 to 60 range with very few and very infrequent drops into the sub 40s. I also have a ton of other things running in the background, several of which are known memory hogs, so that might be where those drops are coming from and, in reality, I would be getting a minimum of 40 frames if the game was the only program running. I don't care enough to test that theory since I'm fine with 35+ frames.
Games like this should have 0 issue running at well over 60 fps on even lowish hardware, its not exactly a demanding game in theory, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Games like this should have 0 issue running at well over 60 fps on even lowish hardware, its not exactly a demanding game in theory, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out
On a mid tier or higher machine, perhaps, but not on a potato. Keep in mind this is Unity we're talking about and the game itself is VERY graphics intensive, so the player WILL have a problem if they don't have sufficient specs. I know because I have run it on two different machines with two different sets of specs. One is a potato with 6GB of RAM, the AMD equivalent of an i3 processor, and AMD's version of integrated graphics. The other is a mid tier with 24GB of RAM, a dedicated GTX 1060, and an i7 6700HQ processor. The first runs like a slide show, basically the same as the intro cutscene for Amai or the Osana visiting Ayano cutscene since those don't yet have proper animations. The second runs smooth as silk with the only drops being in number only, usually when it first loads into the school, nothing noticeable in actual visual performance, and never dropping below 35 frames. I have a third out of commission potato that ran it about the same as my current potato when it was still running.

unerox

Apr 22, 2020
On a mid tier or higher machine, perhaps, but not on a potato. Keep in mind this is Unity we're talking about and the game itself is VERY graphics intensive, so the player WILL have a problem if they don't have sufficient specs. I know because I have run it on two different machines with two different sets of specs. One is a potato with 6GB of RAM, the AMD equivalent of an i3 processor, and AMD's version of integrated graphics. The other is a mid tier with 24GB of RAM, a dedicated GTX 1060, and an i7 6700HQ processor. The first runs like a slide show, basically the same as the intro cutscene for Amai or the Osana visiting Ayano cutscene since those don't yet have proper animations. The second runs smooth as silk with the only drops being in number only, usually when it first loads into the school, nothing noticeable in actual visual performance, and never dropping below 35 frames. I have a third out of commission potato that ran it about the same as my current potato when it was still running.
That's an insult to every Unity developer that has managed to make the "seemingly impossible task" of making their games run decently on Toasters.

Yandere Simulator is not a graphics intensive game, or at least, shouldn't be: considering the quality of the visuals and the fact that it still runs like shit even if you disable most visuals

Also, the "not dropping below 35 FPS" thing is not really an achievement, it shouldn't drop below 60 on a decent rig like that

Talula

Mar 16, 2018
That's an insult to every Unity developer that has managed to make the "seemingly impossible task" of making their games run decently on Toasters.

Yandere Simulator is not a graphics intensive game, or at least, shouldn't be: considering the quality of the visuals and the fact that it still runs like shit even if you disable most visuals

Also, the "not dropping below 35 FPS" thing is not really an achievement, it shouldn't drop below 60 on a decent rig like that
yeah i've played loads of unity games and even the bigger more ambitious few never had that kind of problem for me, ones that aren't too elaborate even seemed to run fine on my 8 yr old pc, though, i don't intend to provoke being accosted in defence of the game by the alex guy, so i won't say much more than "i agree with the idea that unity games shouldn't run overly poorly, in my experiences they haven't" and leave that there.

slashbang

Mar 24, 2019
The problem is that it shouldn't run that poorly, even on a mid-range setup. It could run better on lower-end systems if a lot of the coding is fixed. The game has a lot of potential but it feels like the dev is wasting it.

Reactions: Farhan2077

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I have yet to see a single Unity game run decently on a potato, toaster as you called it. They'll run, sure, but not as well as on a mid tier or higher. That's the issue here, potatoes can't handle Yandere Simulator. It would be even worse on Unreal. The quality of the visuals has less impact than you're thinking. We're talking a game with a bunch of roaming NPCs, all with their own coded schedules, and a whole bunch of other graphics all needing to show up at once or at least be capable of it. You've got the blood spatter, flowers for the censored mode, the dismemberment, the water from the fountains, the movements of every NPC. Also keep in mind that all of this is pretty much loaded at all times except when not in actual school gameplay.

yeah i've played loads of unity games and even the bigger more ambitious few never had that kind of problem for me, ones that aren't too elaborate even seemed to run fine on my 8 yr old pc, though, i don't intend to provoke being accosted in defence of the game by the alex guy, so i won't say much more than "i agree with the idea that unity games shouldn't run overly poorly, in my experiences they haven't" and leave that there.
My potato is 9 years old and my mid tier is 4, but that isn't the issue. Sure, it will come into play as those tend to use lines of hardware that aren't as capable as their successors, so even a mid tier from the last decade won't get the same performance as one from this decade on Yandere Simulator or any Unity game. The other part about what all is supposed to be loaded in and capable of appearing from the reply above this applies to you as well.

The problem is that it shouldn't run that poorly, even on a mid-range setup. It could run better on lower-end systems if a lot of the coding is fixed. The game has a lot of potential but it feels like the dev is wasting it.
It used to run fine on my potato, but that was before a lot of the stuff was added, including the school map change that added the fountains, trees, and other things. Sure, there's probably some coding issues in there somewhere, as there would be with any one man game, one man plus volunteers in this case.

kekkek10

Sep 3, 2020
This things in desperate need of optimization. Doesn't run well on AMD graphics if at all, did run on a higher end RTX Card with i7(100 plus frames, though would drop to 60's. @1080p). It's an ambitious project with a long way to go for sure. I don't know if adding content with it's currrent performance is the real issue here. I'll withhold judgement till I see a more optimized version.

• Sad
Reactions: atur

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
I ran it on a old computer and if you turn down the quality settings, it runs surprisingly smooth. I ran it on a i5-4430 on integrated graphics (I didn't have a spare GPU). This makes me think that the game could use some optimization to take advantage of the higher processing power of higher end machines.

GTA89

Mar 16, 2018
Maybe he is doing his "best", but thing is, he is objectively a terrible developer (horrible code, asset issues) and, even worse: a terrible manager (the whole game history is a chain of drama caused by mismanagement). That is why only one rival was created in six years, and why so many people have serious doubts about the game being one day released.

Luvvvy

May 26, 2020
Maybe he is doing his "best", but thing is, he is objectively a terrible developer (horrible code, asset issues) and, even worse: a terrible manager (the whole game history is a chain of drama caused by mismanagement). That is why only one rival was created in six years, and why so many people have serious doubts about the game being one day released.
well yes he is terrible at coding i think his looking for a professional now. it's properly for the best. coding was never his thing . but the first rival took only 2 weeks for the rest of the time he was improving the game. i think is looking better then before. the graphics of the game will be improved before he start working on the new rival. so properly the game will be finished in 2021. yet i think the drama was because of his actions in 2016

1.40 star(s) 19 Votes