1.40 star(s) 19 Votes

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
The tags should include the no sexual content tag, except something changed dramatically in the last years I haven't checked it out, but I doubt that.
Also back then there was at least a nude mod, anyone got that for the current version?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
You know, this thread would be more widely accepted if we could meme on it. This anti-meme behavior is giving me yandev reddit and discord flashbacks. I wonder if I should open up a new yandev ban speedrun category in speedrun.com.

YSP=

Feb 13, 2020
I really don't see why they would even put unoptimized assets up in the first place when it is well known what unoptimized assets are capable of doing to a game's performance.
Because they have no idea what you are using them, what matters is how many vertices the card has to do in a frame. Camera position, and obstructions help limits what is ever on the frame at one time (this is why for example the camera angle along with the curvature of the map allows Animal Crossing: New Horizons to limit what is in frame at any given time). Then you have models that are meant for animation where the idea is to let Blender chug for minutes per frame to render an animation yet are not designed to be rendered in real time.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The tags should include the no sexual content tag, except something changed dramatically in the last years I haven't checked it out, but I doubt that.
Also back then there was at least a nude mod, anyone got that for the current version?
Nope, you are correct, there is no sexual content. There used to be the ability to walk around naked, but censored by steam that moves with you unnaturally. That was scrapped because it wouldn't make sense that she has to do her eliminations in secret, but is perfectly okay to walk around completely exposed. There was also a barrier that unnaturally pushes you back from the door of the boy's shower as well as keeps you inside the girl's shower if you are in anything not deemed appropriate for school activities, such as the towel that is now in place of being naked.

You know, this thread would be more widely accepted if we could meme on it. This anti-meme behavior is giving me yandev reddit and discord flashbacks. I wonder if I should open up a new yandev ban speedrun category in speedrun.com.
There's a separate thread for that already linked multiple times in the last few pages, they don't want it here, in what is supposed to be the game discussion thread.

What kind of mind control is in the game?
There isn't, but there is mind break, which has no tag unless mind control is supposed to cover that as well. You can kidnap another student, then torture them until they are nothing but a mindless zombie, pretty much literally, bent on killing your intended target the second you hand them a weapon, then themselves.

Because they have no idea what you are using them, what matters is how many vertices the card has to do in a frame. Camera position, and obstructions help limits what is ever on the frame at one time (this is why for example the camera angle along with the curvature of the map allows Animal Crossing: New Horizons to limit what is in frame at any given time). Then you have models that are meant for animation where the idea is to let Blender chug for minutes per frame to render an animation yet are not designed to be rendered in real time.
The assets shouldn't be released unoptimized in the first place is my point. The assets in question should have been optimized by the time they went up on the store. I would hate to see what these assets are doing to other games by devs who are unwittingly using unoptimized assets and I am sure this game is not the only one using the assets in question. Yes, YanDev should optimize assets, but not ones that aren't even going to stay in the game to be of any impact on the performance of the final product anyway.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
As I said, he basically just threw things in there to use as placeholders, very little of the game uses the assets he intends it to according to his own words. A placeholder doesn't need much effort, just pick something and toss it in. Performance should be considered, of course, but still, this is only a temporary issue.
A placeholder with a temporary issue? This model's been in the game since the start of development! If it was a placeholder, and it had issues since the beginning, don't you think Alex would have noticed by now and at least thought of replacing it???

Last edited:

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
I really don't see why they would even put unoptimized assets up in the first place when it is well known what unoptimized assets are capable of doing to a game's performance.
They aren't unoptimized. They're meant to be used in a larger scale. Assets in the unity store aren't just thrown in to be used as wild cards for any situation. They have actual applications based on their detail and design. The aforementioned toothbrush is not meant to be a tiny object in a room because then the detail has no meaning since you can't see it clearly.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Fun fact: This "game" has to run 17,000 lines of code for every single frame of gameplay. It will make your CPU cry for mercy.
is this a joke 100% or somewhat confirmed? I'm not picking apart what you said.. I just really hope no one is that ignorant at code procedures.

• Sad
Reactions: atur

unerox

Apr 22, 2020
is this a joke 100% or somewhat confirmed? I'm not picking apart what you said.. I just really hope no one is that ignorant at code procedures.
The game does run really bad, but the number of people that have actually looked at the code and understand it are VERY limited, so every thing you hear about the code; take it with a grain of salt, edit : *what most people know about the code is through memes, so its not the most reliable source

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

slashbang

Mar 24, 2019
The game does run really bad, but the number of people that have actually looked at the code and understand it are VERY limited, so every thing you hear about the code; take it with a grain of salt, edit : *what most people know about the code is through memes, so its not the most reliable source
It is exaggerated, you can run it. But it is agreed you most likely won't be able run it unless you have a mid or high tier gaming PC due to the shoddy code.

unerox

Apr 22, 2020
It is exaggerated, you can run it. But it is agreed you most likely won't be able run it unless you have a mid or high tier gaming PC due to the shoddy code.
Indeed, the game should be able to run even in toasters at atleast a decent 30 fps, its not like it has next gen graphics.
Its funny how most YandereDev fans and supporters are casual kids that most likely don't have a gaming PC, and they're experiencing the whole 17 frames per second experience

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
A placeholder with a temporary issue? This model's been in the game since the start of development! If it was a placeholder, and it had issues since the beginning, don't you think Alex would have noticed by now and at least thought of replacing it???
Glad you pointed that out. I mean placeholders for 6 years? Yeah right. In his original vision for this "game" they probably were but no way in hell would they still be in now normally especially since this is meant to be a DEMO.

D

Deleted member 2054500

My guess is the clones like Lover letters, Limerence, and WNM finally made him worried? Yandere School still technically came out before this one.

Subido

Jul 25, 2017
It makes sense that the Osana release is far from a finished product. After all, Osana is just a part of a larger whole.

(Nobody will get this pun.)

Reactions: alex2011
1.40 star(s) 19 Votes