1.40 star(s) 19 Votes
Feb 25, 2018
I understand that. May I know what are the constant frames you usually have on Bethesda games as compared to this? Because something tells me that your opinion of smooth FPS is very different from mine.

As compared to Illusion, put it this way.

This Demo has been in development for six years.

Illusion made Honey Select in 2016, AI Shoujo in 2020. Both of these games were released in the same time that this Demo was supposedly being made. Osana was announced in 2015, which means that this DEMO, with limited content, should be expected to NOT have any form of optimisation issues, namely FPS drops, if it's supposed to be a simple Demo.

Look, my primary issue as to why I immediately deleted the game is because my FPS dropped to 20 from an expected 144. A drop of that scale in an INDIE game raises eyebrows.
Don't forget Koikatsu.

proxysniper

Oct 10, 2017
My mid range machine can handle it just fine, just don't use a potato and you will be good.
Game runs as well as a person in a wheelchair does, sure it might "work" but its a pathetic excuse of code, and the icing on the cake is that the dev is so stubborn/ignorant he refuses to fix it, and its only going to get worse as he adds more as its already so poorly optimized

elstupidwolf

Jun 2, 2017
Game runs as well as a person in a wheelchair does, sure it might "work" but its a pathetic excuse of code, and the icing on the cake is that the dev is so stubborn/ignorant he refuses to fix it, and its only going to get worse as he adds more as its already so poorly optimized
I'm a cripple and i'll have you know that I probably run better than this game; thank you very much

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Admire the tenacity of a man that had a dream and was too stubborn to quit despite everything.

I hope a day arrives when the game is complete and optimized to run well, and I am willing to pay exactly one dollar a month until the heat death of the universe to see it happen.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
why the fuck is this game on this page?
Because somebody uploaded it, of course. It isn't exactly banned, and before you say something about there being no sex, that's why the no sexual content tag exists.

Has anyone actually played the game?
I have, many times before and twice after the demo released.

Did they put in a save system yet?
There's almost always been a save system, for years now even, actually.

As an actual person in a wheelchair, I can actually say this is not necessarily true. It runs at anywhere from 35 to 60 frames on a mid range computer, which is better than most people in wheelchairs can run. That said, I am not one of them.

see you guys in the next 6 years for the next rival
I wouldn't say six, Osana was the first, so she took longer. Now that she is in, she can act as a basis to work from, which will increase productivity. Assuming the kickstarter goes well on top of that, you can also throw in the possibility of a programmer who actually knows what they are doing into the mix, which could further increase productivity beyond what the framework started by Osana alone could.

hold up this game still exists?
Yep, I have a feeling it won't be going down any time soon if it does at all.

Admire the tenacity of a man that had a dream and was too stubborn to quit despite everything.

I hope a day arrives when the game is complete and optimized to run well, and I am willing to pay exactly one dollar a month until the heat death of the universe to see it happen.
I have a feeling it will see completion no matter what, I had my doubts a few times, but rarely and I remained mostly optimistic. With the long awaited demo now out, the future of the game is looking better.

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
My mid range machine can handle it just fine, just don't use a potato and you will be good.
The problem isn't the computer, the problem is that if you look at the game code, you'll see it's a effing mess of nonsense. That's why it can lag on any computer, no matter the specs.

Also, this game is still alive despite all the issues, the controversies and the fact that almost no one care much about it anymore? That's pretty impressive.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The problem isn't the computer, the problem is that if you look at the game code, you'll see it's a effing mess of nonsense. That's why it can lag on any computer, no matter the specs.
I've heard that, the product of a less experienced dev, no doubt. Like I said, I am having no problems. Furthermore, I DID have a problem with performance on my potato, so the PC build does have quite an impact. I don't get below 35 frames and it usually stays in the 40 to 60 range with very few and very infrequent drops into the sub 40s. I also have a ton of other things running in the background, several of which are known memory hogs, so that might be where those drops are coming from and, in reality, I would be getting a minimum of 40 frames if the game was the only program running. I don't care enough to test that theory since I'm fine with 35+ frames.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Assuming the kickstarter goes well on top of that, you can also throw in the possibility of a programmer who actually knows what they are doing into the mix, which could further increase productivity beyond what the framework started by Osana alone could.
Yeah right... we saw how that worked out once already when he got help from TinyBuild

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah right... we saw how that worked out once already when he got help from TinyBuild
I did say could and possibility for a reason, the dev is known to be difficult, which could throw the programmer possibility right out the window, but then there is still the potential, and actually very likely, productivity increase from using Osana as a basis for the other rivals. He would have to do all the detail work that comes with individualizing each rival by hand, but the basic framework they would share is there and would still provide a boost even with that necessity to code the rest as if they were completely new code with no preceding code to base them off of.

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
I'd be curious if anyone knows of any NSFW mods for this game. I've looked around but everything seems pretty well-scrubbed.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: atur
1.40 star(s) 19 Votes