VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
overall i am enjoying this game despite my despising Kim and having zero interest in having her as an LI in the future. i will definately go out of my way to make sure she feels the pain she caused the mc. provided the dev gives us those types of options of course.
as for the commenter who called me immature among other things for my opinion on what i would do in that situation, maybe you should think that hey..maybe this guy has a reason for his anger that he thinks is none of our business. because that is the case here. i had something similar happen in my life with an overseas gf that dumped me over an email with a message about how she met someone else but still wanted to remain friends. let's just say i told her to fuck off and that was that. so yeah the breakup scene and the way Kim handles it triggered me.. and brought back some of those feelings. and i vented here..
hopefully however, the dev will have the next update ready quicker than 5 months? hopefully..until then i look forward to the next update.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
I did the shut in -- Lone wolf -- Hates the world branch. Glad i did cause there is KIM :cool: ..... Now gonna try the, do ever girl insite cause kim made me into a player branch. That Hit and run guy, get there heart and leave them wanting more. :LOL:

Kim doesn't act like that NTR / Sharing / harem/ swinging type but it wouldn't bug me if that all was added. I figure kim was as shocked as the MC was LOL But it does make me wonder why not a heads up reguardless of how good or bad the break up was. Ring Ring... Oh i'm back in the states :sneaky:

Last edited:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
I'm not interested in Kim either but I don't get the hate towards her character too, I mean yeah, not telling the MC that she was going to leave was a shitty thing to do but she did what was best for her, even the MC says it.

screenshot0004.jpg

As others said, there are plenty of other beautiful girls to go for, right now I'm a fan of Julia and Michelle, I loved the dinner scene with Julia, I truly felt like there is a conecttion between the two of them, after all, they both are heartnroken and now they have the opportunity to heal together.

I also saw the comparison between Julia and BaDIK's Jill
Tbh I didn't notice the similarity either, Julia is much more prettier Imho.

agreed, i wanted to at least have Kim look at mc..recognize him and have an ashamed look on her face. and that would be the beginning of her suffering...instead of the shit eating grin she had on her smug fucking face.
Yeah, it was weird that she didn't reacted at all when she heard the MC's name, she didn't even look at him :unsure:

Last edited:

gublu

Feb 15, 2021
The chapter-1 is just awsm no words this VN really has a great potential just keep the updates comin

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
Really impressed by the new chapter and the cliffhanger left me wanting more.
But I do have a point to make. (someone already mentioned the same in comments) -
I hope that the story doesn't rush the MC into a new relationship so soon. Things with Julia already seem to be moving pretty fast. I just dont want to get stuck in one relationship, without even knowing the other Li's properly.
Hope in future chapters there are options to actually get out of paths. I have played many games, where once you enter a LI's path, it usually goes on for too many chapters/episodes before you can finally get out. I dont like that and I usually just restart and dont even get into that path in the first place. But that's not really ideal.

I really liked that the MC has some inner conscience and is already thinking that he is hanging out with too many girls :D

Reactions: ename144

gublu

Feb 15, 2021
I'm not interested in Kim either but I don't get the hate towards her character too, I mean yeah, not telling the MC that she was going to leave was a shitty thing to do but she did what was best for her, even the MC says it.

View attachment 2660649

As others said, there are plenty of other beautiful girls to go for, right now I'm a fan of Julia and Michelle, I loved the dinner scene with Julia, I truly felt like there is a conecttion between the two of them, after all, they both are heartnroken and now they have the opportunity to heal together.

Tbh I didn't notice the similarity either, Julia is much more prettier Imho.

Yeah, it was weird that she didn't reacted at all when she heard the MC's name, she didn't even look at him :unsure:
yeah its true damm the lady is cold

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Well if the only three things that really suck are:

1. How am I to chose one of those girls? They are all gorgeous. I think I stick with Olivia for now.
2. The story and the chars are so well done that it really makes you feel loving/hating them.
3. Those nasty cliffhangers.

you gotta hell of a VN here. Story and characterwise top notch. I have a feeling I can give a proper review after the next chapter, hopefully.

Keep up the good work, dev. :)

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
agreed, i wanted to at least have Kim look at mc..recognize him and have an ashamed look on her face. and that would be the beginning of her suffering...instead of the shit eating grin she had on her smug fucking face.
It is a strange situation to have in a story. Realistically it should serve as you said, for the player to see how she either suffers seeing how she fucked up leaving just to come back all circlejerked having gained little or nothing, or to rub it in MC's face if she achieved something. Story wise it would make sense for her to return if that is her role.

If she left once because she saw a better opportunity she will leave again if a better job lands in her lap, it is already determined that her relationship with the MC is not her goal. If the dev writes her character as a LI again, I don't see her as a popular LI. She can have some good reasons for her but that's just for her, by the same coin the MC should start to see for himself and get some better friends along the way because his are some little shits.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

View attachment 2660649
There is (at least potentially) a major difference between; "...she did what was best for her..." and "She did what she thought was good for herself,". The first is a conclusion that does not follow the rules of logic. The second is a rationalization made in the context of transference. The statement "She did what she thought was good for herself, now I'm doing what I think is good for myself.", in context, is the MC (one year later) attempting to justify his actions to himself by saying if it was "good" for her it could be "good" for him. The context is that he is trying to rationalize the idea that it is "OK" for him to move on.

He is correct, BTW. It would be "good" for him to move on. It would have been even better to have done it a year ago - which is also something he "self realizes" in another moment of internal monologue. The point is that MC is still emotionally weak at this time and the cause of the weakness is the fact that Kim left him and (I maintain) the way she left him as well - like an afterthought. "Oh, by the way MC, I'm leaving tomorrow and never coming back."

MC may yet recover his center and become a stronger individual emotionally. I hope the choices we made in conversations on MC's behalf do affect how he deals with Kim and I also hope they affect Kim's reactions. I agree that friendships and possible relationships with Michelle and Julia could provide healing for MC.

We will see how this part of the story plays out (hopefully in the next update). I think it would be a mistake to drag it out further - except for those who want to forgive and forget and pursue Kim, of course. If MC had my personality and experiences (obviously he does not), I would have moved on about 30 seconds after she said she was leaving. In all honesty, I don't know if I would be willing to work with her; even if it meant that I would have to find another job. I consider her dealings (especially telling others about leaving and not the MC), while not necessarily sinister or cruel, at the very least, uncaring and thoughtless. I have little tolerance for people who show those stripes and no compunction to be "nice".

Last edited:

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
So... good update. I do have one problem though,

I told Keyla that I don't trust her, however, the next time she is in a one-on-one scene with MC, it's as if nothing happened. Maybe it's just me. I'd have expected a bit of coldness from the MC. I do hope the decisions we make will make it so we don't see certain characters ever again. Because I am on board the Everybody Hates Kim train. Seeing her at the end of the episode made me furious lol.

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
I like Kim, while I don't agree with how she handled things I can understand it, I was quite happy to see her back in the story. I think the interactions between her and MC during the prologue made it seem like they actually care about each other, my only problem is that she cut communications with everyone out of the blue. I hope we'll get an explanation on that one.

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
We will see how this part of the story plays out (hopefully in the next update). I think it would be a mistake to drag it out further - except for those who want to forgive and forget and pursue Kim, of course.
Agree that it would be a mistake to drag further the drama with Kim, especially for those who are not interested in her like myself and many others.
I just really hope that Kim's return doesn't interfere with the relationships with the other girls.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Kim coming back(ufff) was in the air since the beginning,but why?:eek: With such a lovely, hot girls (Cynthia,Julia,Michelle,Olivia,Keyla even Candace) being around and harem is not the option,why bring back that doll? (not against Asian chicks,my gf is one,lol) Story is beautiful, plenty different personalities. i do really have a problem to choose fav girl to be with,how all of them are nice(maybe not Keyla)and intriguing. Now,instead a learning in what direction MC heart will go,we'll have drama,bringing back past and depression like choice number one. I do really hope that we will have a option to avoid Kim once for all,but seeing how fragile MC is...Another case of having gf to start of with,just proves the point. Don't give a MC gf in the beginning,so you can justify early sex scene and keep our interest,it never works on long run.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes