VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
quickmenu button to the gallery

note : i am pretty sure this conflicts with Sancho1969 mod (not tested)
so be aware of this

i find this very "complicated" to have to save the game , go to the main menu to just see the gallery
so here we go
Screenshot_1.png

extract attached file into mainfolder , overwrite if asked

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
soooo...

the gf leaves the mc on short notice and he´s like "Ok"
the BFF knows all along, without telling him ,and the mc like "Ok"

are there more of this "OK" moments?
He starts ignoring the BFF and barely answer her calls and messages. You can double down on that and tell her you don't trust her anymore. Yeah, he is totally ok with it. :rolleyes: I feel that even burning them at the stake will not be pleasing you guys.

No wonder I play so many snowflake emo MCs, apparently thats the emotional maturity the audience demands, a MC that victimizes himself and goes on crusades against whoever shit in his cereals that day, everything dialed to 11 like you would think they raped his mom...
Agree that it would be a mistake to drag further the drama with Kim, especially for those who are not interested in her like myself and many others.
I just really hope that Kim's return doesn't interfere with the relationships with the other girls.
Agree on that one, tension yes, forced drama no. It shouldn't be brushed off, its realistic the MC will get a reaction out of her return regardless of how you play him, but I can do without making the other girls jealous, or insecure and other soap opera level conflict.
quickmenu button to the gallery

note : i am pretty sure this conflicts with Sancho1969 mod
so be aware of this

i find this very "complicated" to have to save the game , go to the menu to just see the gallery
so here we go
View attachment 2660894

extract attached file into mainfolder , overwrite if asked
I always wondered why Gallery most of the times in games can only be accessed from Main Menu, is it that much harder to code?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
He starts ignoring the BFF and barely answer her calls and messages. You can double down on that and tell her you don't trust her anymore. Yeah, he is totally ok with it. :rolleyes: I feel that even burning them at the stake will not be pleasing you guys.
that´s almost a year later
at the very moment she told him she knew, he should have a different reaction
dont want him to go on a rampage, but just shrug it off and "ok" is not a reaction a normal beeing would have
to a stranger maybe , but a "best friend" would get a focking ear full if it was me - you dont hold back , that´s why they are
best friends , no?

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
i like this one, the start is kinda annoying tho wish you could say anything except being super supportive and basically pushing her to go.
same with the best friend, cant even tell her off a bit for being quiet

later on you get to chose more tho which i like

Reactions: Joshy92

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The problem I have with the ending is not that you can see it coming miles away, not everything needs to be a plot twist, but its the fact that I can't think of a good reason why she wouldn't call to let him know. At the very least act worried that now she has to work in the same place her ex works. She has no reaction, not even when his named is mentioned and I can't think of an explanation that I would easily buy for this.

One more thing, how did the BFF know she is back, did she let her know? Because that makes it even worse, if she texted only her and not the MC that she inevitably gets to see.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
The problem I have with the ending is not that you can see it coming miles away, not everything needs to be a plot twist, but its the fact that I can't think of a good reason why she wouldn't call to let him know. At the very least act worried that now she has to work in the same place her ex works. She has no reaction, not even when his named is mentioned and I can't think of an explanation that I would easily buy for this.

One more thing, how did the BFF know she is back, did she let her know? Because that makes it even worse, if she texted only her and not the MC that she inevitably gets to see.
The cliffhanger of EP1 really put MC BFF and Kim herself in bad spot. I still wonder how will Zeke and MC BFF(Kieria?) break up in the future.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The cliffhanger of EP1 really put MC BFF and Kim herself in bad spot. I still wonder how will Zeke and MC BFF(Kieria?) break up in the future.
My prediction is that Zeke is the yet to be introduced 'boyfriend' of Julia's Roommate and he is pretty much cheating on his girl.
screenshot0044.png screenshot0045.png screenshot0046.png screenshot0047.png screenshot0048.png
If this isn't true, it would be shitty to try to steal his girl, because he seem an ok friend to the MC, so something has to happen. If his girl just leaves him, that paints her in a bad light and people are already upset with her for not telling MC the truth about Kim leaving. Thats why I lean into Zeke cheating
tomshrug.jpg

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
# Routes/Paths (MAIN LI)
default kim_route = False
default julia_route = False
default olivia_route = False
default michelle_route = False

# Routes/Paths (SECONDARY LI)
default kimmy_route = False
default candace_route = False
default alessa_route = False

so , out of all this options , Olivia seems like the only sane option :unsure:

olivia - freckles !!!

kim - stupid ex
julia - clingy , for whatever reason
michelle - forgotten childhood "friend" with issues?!
kimmy - nah , somethings of with her (i bet there are some cam vids of her around or w/e in this direction)
candance - career woman ?

and who is alessa?

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Why? That sounds like filler. Wouldn't dev time be better spent on story progression and sex scenes?
sure.. and the success those other titles are enjoying isnt worth joining the ranks of............... lol also it opens the universe to a wider audience who havent tried this project.. and it doesnt take away from the process time its simply a cameo that widens the scope and overall 'world' that these quality vn characters inhabit

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
# Routes/Paths (MAIN LI)
default kim_route = False
default julia_route = False
default olivia_route = False
default michelle_route = False

# Routes/Paths (SECONDARY LI)
default kimmy_route = False
default candace_route = False
default alessa_route = False

so , out of all this options , Olivia seems like the only sane option :unsure:

olivia - freckles !!!

kim - stupid ex
julia - clingy , for whatever reason
michelle - forgotten childhood "friend" with issues?!
kimmy - nah , somethings of with her (i bet there are some cam vids of her around or w/e in this direction)
candance - career woman ?

and who is alessa?
Alessa is Lim's twin,to spice up the story :LOL:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I haven't played this yet but I read the Harem is optional I think that is pretty cool.
That way if you want a harem, you can have it.
Or if you want a monogamous relationship, you can have that.
I really like when devs give players options like that.
I'll try this eventually because the dev is giving options for stuff like that.
Good luck with the game dev :)

Reactions: OWSam000

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I haven't played this yet but I read the Harem is optional I think that is pretty cool.
That way if you want a harem, you can have it.
Or if you want a monogamous relationship, you can have that.
I really like when devs give players options like that.
I'll try this eventually because the dev is giving options for stuff like that.
Good luck with the game dev :)
yeah
i wonder how the dev´s will make this happen
atm the scripts are you go either with this girl OR the other
there is no: go with one to xy and after this with a other to yz
like for example :
go to the gym with zeke and meet kimberly(and get her number) after OR stay home and meet keyla
you meet kimberly later at the bus/subway(?) and you get her number,if you meet first time , but no option to hang out
if you met her after the gym , you get the option

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: | Vee | and Joshy92
Jun 25, 2021
It did not go the way I thought it would, but I like it anyway. From the looks of it, I think it might get Intertwined level of convoluted melodrama and I'm all for it. I love cheesy melodrama.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
Is this going to be a kinetic Novel? I know this is just the first chapter but the kind of story this is shaping up to be with these type of characters, I'd rather avoid this game going KN route.

Just to be clear by this i mean the choices only presenting themselves when it comes to sex scenes and not anywhere else in the game, will the player have the choice to avoid the interaction with the characters they have no interest in?

Forgive my haste but with this kind of emotional heavy story i tend to nitpick about having options regarding any and all characters present and so far this game have zero choices/options and again i am aware that it's the 1st chapter but i rather know this now.
In any case, best of luck to you dev.

Edit: I played compressed version with mod and the game ended right after prologue right after mc visits his father's grave so it seems the whole chapter got skipped hence my dilemma right above, don't know if it's the mod or something else got screwed but i played the compressed version without mod afterwards and it was fine, with choices and everything.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes